'Seeking clarification' Thread

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Wanted to throw out a thread so I could get clarification on rules/ features/ rumours that crop up every so often, I don't see them officially mentioned in places but occasionally get mentioned by other players in-game who heard it from uncertain sources.

if anyone else has questions like this, feel free to join me.

Question 1
People IC'ly have referred to the waters killing you if you swim out into them, although there's nothing mechanically that's stopping me, and I've not seen mention to any written notice of this being a thing. - If I was to swim across the lakes, should I expect staff to start writing /events about me getting eaten by underwater aliens?

Question 2
On the occasion that I've been held at gunpoint by OTA/ CPs, I was asked if I'd rather be captured or executed with NLR, although on another occasion a OTA/CP player DM'd me saying they were disappointed I died in another encounter as they were keen to stalkerise my character (bit weird but okay). - Is this just a general courtesy thing or is giving these options a mandatory requirement?

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
People IC'ly have referred to the waters killing you if you swim out into them, although there's nothing mechanically that's stopping me, and I've not seen mention to any written notice of this being a thing. - If I was to swim across the lakes, should I expect staff to start writing /events about me getting eaten by underwater aliens?
ICly there should be leeches and ichthyosaurs about, tentacles too sometimes. Just your average European sea

On the occasion that I've been held at gunpoint by OTA/ CPs, I was asked if I'd rather be captured or executed with NLR, although on another occasion a OTA/CP player DM'd me saying they were disappointed I died in another encounter as they were keen to stalkerise my character (bit weird but okay). - Is this just a general courtesy thing or is giving these options a mandatory requirement?
It is a mandatory requirement that a person who Overwatch intends to stalkerize is PM'd/asked about whether they want to partake in becoming a stalker or not. NLR kill does not carry such requirement, but if you want to roleplay as a stalker, you're free to inform the prosecuting units via LOOC/PM.

Reactions: List

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
ICly there should be leeches and ichthyosaurs about, tentacles too sometimes. Just your average European sea
I was under the impression it was only the oceans that were affected by the leech infestation.

Furthermore, there are a lot of players who are just casually swimming in/across the lake without enduring any consequences, despite the supposed existence of said threats. The lack of stories of unfortunate swimmers meeting their fate within the lake makes it very hard to maintain the actual fear of the lake itself.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Furthermore, there are a lot of players who are just casually swimming in/across the lake without enduring any consequences, despite the supposed existence of said threats. The lack of stories of unfortunate swimmers meeting their fate within the lake makes it very hard to maintain the actual fear of the lake itself.
difficult to control and enforce

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
difficult to control and enforce
difficult to be fair when enforcing too

if you see someone halfway across the lake and you just go "/event man dies to leeches" that's a bit bullshit
if you go "you have to get out of the water quickly or you die to leeches" then they'll just swim to the other side, which is what they were intending to do anyway

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Spawning a few dozen Ichtyosaurs should fix that.

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
@Gary can we add something similar to a gas zone, but like leeches/lack of air/custom text damaging tick-zone for /areaedit's?
Would be neat so we have smth that filters don't protect you from

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
@Gary can we add something similar to a gas zone, but like leeches/lack of air/custom text damaging tick-zone for /areaedit's?
Would be neat so we have smth that filters don't protect you from
The areas system is pretty rough around the edges, but new ones can be added - if it would be based on a tick system, the gas plugin itself would be better to update

If there's something proposed which seems good, can definitely be looked at

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Question 2
Its the norm and Combine players have to/should ask you if you want to be stalkerized or NLR'd. It is a bit weird that they were keen to stalkerise your character in particular. Maybe he wants you as his cute little stalker waifu.

Besides the general want of wanting to get more captures which I think is fun as a CP player, stalker RP is a bit lacking atm and we are looking into ways to improve this for players.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Question
Does S2K still need to be traditionally initiated like in prior HL2RP iterations through a /me? or are we under WW3RP S2K rules between enemy factions where you can shoot on sight when they're out in the world?
Seems like I get a mix of both.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Question
Does S2K still need to be traditionally initiated like in prior HL2RP iterations through a /me? or are we under WW3RP S2K rules between enemy factions where you can shoot on sight when they're out in the world?
I believe S2K is raw shoot on sight, no /me's needed, because I have never ever seen anyone do a /me to initiate a gunfight and no one has gotten in trouble for it

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Question
It's on ny default and doesnt have to be /me'd, staff can enforce different rules but the norm is S2K is on.

Though I do believe the act of using medical items still requires a /me even in S2K

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
OTA/CP player DM'd me saying they were disappointed I died in another encounter as they were keen to stalkerise my character (bit weird but okay).
lost cartress moment

whoever did this should be embarrassed what the fuck hahahahaha

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I believe S2K is raw shoot on sight, no /me's needed, because I have never ever seen anyone do a /me to initiate a gunfight and no one has gotten in trouble for it
Yeah this, pretty much it was a rule before so we could see who engaged in s2k first, but now our logs show whenever someone starts firing so there's no need

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Though I do believe the act of using medical items still requires a /me even in S2K
Yep.

Healing mid-combat must be roleplayed properly and will be limited to one item per firefight. This restriction does not apply if you successfully retreat to a safe zone outside of the conflict (like for instance retreating inside a base). You are not allowed to return to combat until 15 minutes have passed since you retreated for treatment.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Yep.

Healing mid-combat must be roleplayed properly and will be limited to one item per firefight. This restriction does not apply if you successfully retreat to a safe zone outside of the conflict (like for instance retreating inside a base). You are not allowed to return to combat until 15 minutes have passed since you retreated for treatment.
If i heal someone in a firefight, can they return to combat or must they disengage for those 15 minutes?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If i heal someone in a firefight, can they return to combat or must they disengage for those 15 minutes?

by the wording of it, if you're treated whilst in combat, you're under no obligation to retreat or stop participating

its only if you retreat for treatment that you have to sit out