[SERIOUS] Turkey martial law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Also note that, ONLY TRT was blocked by the coup, TRT is basically the main turkish channel. If you want a coup to succeed you also have to shut down all media, now tayyip could communicate with his supporters to go outside and resist. Even I could see when he called people out, after that moment i knew that it was a hoax coup.

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Like, there is very little possibility that the Turkish military, who throws coups regularly, could have screwed this up this badly. The way you throw a coup is pretty straightforward, first you grab the leader, then shut down the media, then put the leader on the media, humiliated.
There have been multiple coups around the world which were performed whilst the leader was away. You do not need to capture the elader to perform the coup, you only need to wrest control from the forces/officials in the cities.

The coup told people to go home, while tayyip told his people to go on the street. So the coup supporters were at home, while the tayyip supporters were out on the streets. This is exactly the opposite situation a coup would want.
Actually that's not quite right.
Anyone who's performing a coup with the people in mind, would want as many people off the streets as possible. Supporters of any kind out in the streets leads to protests, fights, riots, and a lot of confusion. The military wanted people to stay inside for their safety, and to make sure nobody got tangled up in gunfights. Tayyip wanted people out on the streets to cause chaos and confusion for the military, as well as bring them down. Almost all the videos, except one, that I watched.. Well they all showed citizens attacking the military, and the military trying their hardest not to retaliate. In fact, the military never shot at civilians directly on purpose, unless attacked first. At least, to my knowledge.

I only saw one video in which a soldier discharged his weapon at civilians, and it was because they were beating the shit out of him on top of his APC, and he tried to use his sidearm, in obvious self-defence.

The head of the military never came out and supported the coup. None of the top military officials did. No one even announced that they were in charge. In short, the whole thing could have been better arranged for tayyip himself, who now looks like a hero of the people.
Who the coup was supported by doesn't and would not matter. I have full faith that the coup was legitimate, although not well backed and executed. I also have full faith that Tayyip is abusing this as hard as he can to purge the military of anyone who dislikes his regime.

Also note that, ONLY TRT was blocked by the coup, TRT is basically the main turkish channel. If you want a coup to succeed you also have to shut down all media, now tayyip could communicate with his supporters to go outside and resist. Even I could see when he called people out, after that moment i knew that it was a hoax coup.
The people weren't trying to keep the civilians in the dark. They wanted people to know what was happening, because they more than likely thought that they had more support than they actually did.

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
The coup isn't completely over.

Some military bases around Turkey declared that they're siding with the coup, but there's no movement from them yet. I'm expecting another coordinated hit.

Reactions: List

Mapo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you are ww3rp staff, think a little bit logic. how the fuck can you perform a coup without capturing the leader. And if no one is the leader of the coup, who will have control over the country then, those military guys? Hhehehe.

Now did the whole turkish army participate in this coup? The whole army didin't participate, only some, mostly air force. Those who attacked the military was indeed tayyip supporters, BECAUSE tayyip could communicate with them, why didn't they shut down all the tv channels? Well if it really was a real coup, they had the most horrible plan in history. And turkey is known for their coups.

Alon

Proton
Nebulae
The coup isn't completely over.

Some military bases around Turkey declared that they're siding with the coup, but there's no movement from them yet. I'm expecting another coordinated hit.
How much men we're talking about.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
you are ww3rp staff, think a little bit logic. how the fuck can you perform a coup without capturing the leader. And if no one is the leader of the coup, who will have control over the country then, those military guys? Hhehehe.

Now did the whole turkish army participate in this coup? The whole army didin't participate, only some, mostly air force. Those who attacked the military was indeed tayyip supporters, BECAUSE tayyip could communicate with them, why didn't they shut down all the tv channels? Well if it really was a real coup, they had the most horrible plan in history. And turkey is known for their coups.
stop being an improvised detective

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Please do not ever compare WW3 roleplay server to reality again.
Coups in WW3 were on the basis that you murdered the company commander, and someone took his place, which is entirely unrealistic and makes no sense.

Coups in real life really only require someone to be ousted from a position of power. Pulling the moves when said person is out of the area, and attempting to wrest power from them when they're not there could easily lead to the sort of confusion and chaos internally that is required.

No, the whole army did not participate, what's your point? If the entire military had participated, Tayyip would not have had a chance. There have also been many instances in history of people trying to perform a coup or takeover, then in reality they're truly a small force and only a fraction of their actual faction. It's not unheard of, and it actually can succeed. Note that there were almost no military vs military clashes, if any. The military stayed out of the whole thing, not to mention several bases just said they're siding with the coup. What it looks like to me is there was a plan and general consensus, but someone fucked it up.

@Nicrobe they think it's a real coup, help me please. They are ww3rp staff, what did we expect.
There is no need to insult myself and the entire WW3 staff team just because I hold an opinion different than yours.

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae

Don't talk if you don't know shit about politics nor how coups work. I never said this coup was real - I simply said it was still going on and not completely over.

There is a leader of the coup. Loads of generals and colonels were going to be assigned to Turkish cities if the coup succeeded as their military law leaders. You must be retarded if you think it's just a bunch of enlisted people doing something.

It wasn't just some part of the military, gendermarie and airforce were in it, along with some infantry.

2nd Army declared allegiance to the coup, they're in Tekirdag, at least 15.000 soldiers there. Also Mersin Gendermarie Branch is completely with the coup, and so is the 2nd Commando Platoon which is in Kayseri.

Mapo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Don't talk if you don't know shit about politics nor how coups work. I never said this coup was real - I simply said it was still going on and not completely over.

There is a leader of the coup. Loads of generals and colonels were going to be assigned to Turkish cities if the coup succeeded as their military law leaders. You must be retarded if you think it's just a bunch of enlisted people doing something.

It wasn't just some part of the military, gendermarie and airforce were in it, along with some infantry.

2nd Army declared allegiance to the coup, they're in Tekirdag, at least 15.000 soldiers there. Also Mersin Gendermarie Branch is completely with the coup, and so is the 2nd Commando Platoon which is in Kayseri.

i didin't say it to you though the other dude, don't get maddy maddy with me

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
i didin't say it to you though the other dude, don't get maddy maddy with me
By saying that, especially since you're disagreeing with both of us, you're not just insulting me, you're insulting the entire WW3 staff team, acting as if just because we're WW3 staff we know nothing and can't think or have legitimate opinions.

Mapo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
stop being an improvised detective

I live in center istanbul, i was on the streets when a military came up to me and told me to go home, i heard gun shots the whole night. But as much as it seems like a real coup... anyways why the fuck am i trying.

Toasty

Roleplay Psychologist
Nebulae

proof
evidence
facts?

if you got nothing then all you got is a conspiracy theory which gets you nowhere

hehehehehehe use a little logic? xddddddddd

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
I live in center istanbul, i was on the streets when a military came up to me and told me to go home, i heard gun shots the whole night. But as much as it seems like a real coup... anyways why the fuck am i trying.
i'm not saying it's not false nor true but it happened and apparently is still not over, so let's stop speculating on big bad erdogan GAINING POWER like THE ILLUMINATI!!!

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
fine i am a retarded piece of shit because i think it was a hoax coup
Although I quite agree with your comment here based on how you're acting, that's not our point. Our point is that we're discussing with proof and facts, and you're calling us all idiots and insulting us without basis, using our status as ww3 staff, and generally being a twit.

Stop doing that, all is good.

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
It might be over now. Loads of soldiers around turkey - COs and enlisted - are being arrested. The resistance is crumbling, and I don't think this will keep on going for long.

Rip the peace council

harry

Atom
Nebulae
It might be over now. Loads of soldiers around turkey - COs and enlisted - are being arrested. The resistance is crumbling, and I don't think this will keep on going for long.

Rip the peace council
diid you flee the country it says ur in netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.