[Serious, will probably turn into a politics thread] Istanbul airport terrorist attack.

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
It's been mandatory conscription since ages, why is it a big deal now?

I do not want to risk my life for a country and government that does not give a single flying fuck about me. Especially at THESE TIMES, where I risk getting bombed everyday whenever I use the subway, whenever I walk around in the city. On top of that, buzz off. A person shouldn't have to be /Forced/ into the military, that just sounds and feels dumb from every angle; subjectively. And even objectively, since I do not give a damn about my country anymore.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
I do not want to risk my life for a country and government that does not give a single flying fuck about me. Especially at THESE TIMES, where I risk getting bombed everyday whenever I use the subway, whenever I walk around in the city. On top of that, buzz off. A person shouldn't have to be /Forced/ into the military, that just sounds and feels dumb from every angle; subjectively. And even objectively, since I do not give a damn about my country anymore.
Here's an idea.

If you now do get conscripted.
Somehow manage to get guard duty at a nuclear launch facility, find the launch key and the rest is obvius. :ok:

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
I'm not saying it's right. I got messages from people saying 'wow turkey is conscripting people' so that's why I'm saying this - it's been conscription for ages, why is it so shocking to people now? I don't wanna go into military service either - so, I'm gonna use my original Australian citizenship to avoid it and go into 'stralia military instead. The government is cucked anyway. Military getting bombed all over the place.

Samurai

Inspector Bullshit
Nebulae
I use Gyazo or Puush. It has been like this for imgur for quite a long time now.

I sometimes use hidemyass, as that occasionally helps me view the imgur images. Rest is just corrupt, since not available
You're better of using a VPN then hidemyass. Use this:
https://www.softether.org/3-screens/2.vpnclient

Its a free VPN and its very easy to setup and use.

ps if you're a hot Turkish grill i'll save you from that rat Erdoğan and send you to the west :)

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
Get the good ones out of there, and place a dome over the middle east for the next couple hundred years.
Pretty much. If we're going to be fair, Christianity did the exact same thing a few hundred years ago with the Crusades (Basically a white man's Jihad) Like, Islam just needs time to grow up and modernize like every other religion has (To some extent.)

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
conscription is actually a pretty good choice for countries who live right next to rabid militant and terrorist organizations but i can see how it looks shit from your point of view

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Anyways

Back on topic

We, all of us, on an International level, really need to send in ground troops and such.
there's no need to send ground troops to fight these goatfuckers

just need to send in more drones and glass the fuck out of them

Mancom37

Atom
Nebulae
Pretty much. If we're going to be fair, Christianity did the exact same thing a few hundred years ago with the Crusades (Basically a white man's Jihad) Like, Islam just needs time to grow up and modernize like every other religion has (To some extent.)

Islam had more than 1000 years to modernize like every other religion in this god damn planet.And to be fair the Crusades was a response to a really big threat since it was about to take down Constantinople (Islam Kingdoms).

Rolyat

Nebulae
Islam had more than 1000 years to modernize like every other religion in this god damn planet.And to be fair the Crusades was a response to a really big threat since it was about to take down Constantinople (Islam Kingdoms).
Yeah, but it doesn't mean they have. The majority of the society there is really regressive, gender inequality, barbaric punishments, etc. I'm not going to say that Justifying the crusades because it was to take down the Islamic Kingdom is a logical fallacy, it is a misrepresentation of the truth. The goal of the Crusade was to secure Jerusalem for Christianity. I'm not sure if that is what you were trying to say, but it was not about the Islamic Kingdom, they just happened to be there.
TL;DR: You're totally right about Islam, I'm trying to say they need to grow up like (most) every other religion. You're wrong about the crusades, at least partially. Well constructed and concise, here is my purple frisbro.

Mancom37

Atom
Nebulae
Yeah, but it doesn't mean they have. The majority of the society there is really regressive, gender inequality, barbaric punishments, etc. I'm not going to say that Justifying the crusades because it was to take down the Islamic Kingdom is a logical fallacy, it is a misrepresentation of the truth. The goal of the Crusade was to secure Jerusalem for Christianity. I'm not sure if that is what you were trying to say, but it was not about the Islamic Kingdom, they just happened to be there.
TL;DR: You're totally right about Islam, I'm trying to say they need to grow up like (most) every other religion. You're wrong about the crusades, at least partially. Well constructed and concise, here is my purple frisbro.

I would disagree in that part of the crusades,the 1st crusade was created to fight against the Islamic Kingdoms, a great example is Iberia where they were not fighting for any religious place but against a Islamic threat.Jerusalem was a simple hotspot because it is the "city of 3 religions" and a well defended position.

Rolyat

Nebulae
I would disagree in that part of the crusades,the 1st crusade was created to fight against the Islamic Kingdoms, a great example is Iberia where they were not fighting for any religious place but against a Islamic threat.Jerusalem was a simple hotspot because it is the "city of 3 religions" and a well defended position.
How about the fact that Jerusalem is a holy land for all three of the religions? You are not disagreeing with me on the fact that the Crusades were about fighting Islam. I am saying that in this notion, the Crusades are identical to the Current day Jihad (which means 'Holy War'). At the end of the day, trying to take down a Religion (a dumb idea on it's own) because you fear its influences is not a substantial reason for slaughtering innocents.

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
Jihad (which means 'Holy War').
isnt holy war interpreted two ways tho?
("inner") struggle in the way of god (i think that's the correct wording)
and then war against infidels

Rolyat

Nebulae
isnt holy war interpreted two ways tho?
("inner") struggle in the way of god (i think that's the correct wording)
and then war against infidels
Hey man, I'm not Muslim, I'm but a humble Buddhist. Don't let me preach your religion if you're Muslim yourself.

Samurai

Inspector Bullshit
Nebulae
In response to Islam invading Europe and enslaving its people. Don't feel like you need to sell yourself out. Watch this video and understand the truth.

This other channel is rather unbiased in its look of history at the crusades and everything relating to it as well if you want to look further into it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpiumHmUE5EZeLTftxv9qGw

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
How about the fact that Jerusalem is a holy land for all three of the religions? You are not disagreeing with me on the fact that the Crusades were about fighting Islam. I am saying that in this notion, the Crusades are identical to the Current day Jihad (which means 'Holy War'). At the end of the day, trying to take down a Religion (a dumb idea on it's own) because you fear its influences is not a substantial reason for slaughtering innocents.
Jerusalem isn't holy to Islam, Mecca is. They're just using the excuse that Mohammad flew to heaven from the temple mount to claim the city, it's not theirs.

The Crusades were a defense war, Islam was already at Spain, Greece was lost, Jerusalem was off limits for christians, slaves were daily from Europe. The pope had every single justification to start them.