shitpost thread - fuck blackquill

Nebulae
  • white dude
  • mid 20s
  • family died in tragic backstory accident
  • gruff, but makes cocky jokes at times
  • sergeant rank
  • commanders think hes a loose cannon that needs to be reeled in but BY GOD hes just too good...
  • short brown hair
  • stubble
  • face scar that makes no sense as to how it actually got there
  • optional: voiced by nolan north

If you're gonna do a protag like that at least give him big dick energy.

THIS is how you do an OP badass protag.

Again I really couldn’t care about female characters, honestly I don’t. Colour doesn’t even come into it either but my problem is that it’s obvious pandering from a company that doesn’t really care and is just doing it so that they don’t get any social media or left-wing blog backlash.

Games are a freedom of expression just like any other form of art or entertainment, but adding two coloured antagonists won’t make the game good for me. At all. But unfortunately most dog brain developers thinks that’s enough substance to get people interested now days.

What if the characters are just in there for the sake of worldbuilding? I doubt you'd raise this issue if they were two edgy white chicks I'm deadass serious. As much as you deny it there has to be something intrinsic to why you're so annoyed by the concept of these two as antagonists...would it not be considered pandering to a different crowd if they were white with huge tittys and didn't say anything with any intellectual meaning? I mean, I personally think it would, you tell me.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Again I really couldn’t care about female characters, honestly I don’t. Colour doesn’t even come into it either but my problem is that it’s obvious pandering from a company that doesn’t really care and is just doing it so that they don’t get any social media or left-wing blog backlash.

Games are a freedom of expression just like any other form of art or entertainment, but adding two coloured antagonists won’t make the game good for me. At all. But unfortunately most dog brain developers thinks that’s enough substance to get people interested now days.

I don't really understand how it's pandering, like, we know absolutely nothing other than "the two antagonists are going to be x"

Reactions: List

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
who actually cares what Ubisoft does

if it's good it's good

if it's shit it's shit

whether the two black women on the cover have any place in the story it dosent matter

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
What if the characters are just in there for the sake of worldbuilding? I doubt you'd raise this issue if they were two edgy white chicks I'm deadass serious. As much as you deny it there has to be something intrinsic to why you're so annoyed by the concept of these two as antagonists...would it not be considered pandering to a different crowd if they were white with huge tittys and didn't produce any words worth a grain of salt? I mean, I personally think it would, you tell me.
Nah I’d still think the cover art was shit, if it was two guys I’d still think the cover art was in bad taste and trash. It really doesn’t matter what they did either way because based on what I’ve seen it looks fucking shit.

Sure they’re making bigger maps, but I’d much rather a good set of characters, immersive gameplay and a fantastic setting than some cheap COD like funky wacky shite. Farcry use to have integrity, like they’ve had really decent coloured characters that were also female but didn’t shove it directly in your face. It just comes across as distasteful in-general just like when the latest DOOM trailer made references to politics, who gives a fuck? No one wants to hear about your political spectrum when they’re playing a game. Especially me since I’m just ‘apolitical’.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Nah I’d still think the cover art was shit, if it was two guys I’d still think the cover art was in bad taste and trash. It really doesn’t matter what they did either way because based on what I’ve seen it looks fucking shit.

Sure they’re making bigger maps, but I’d much rather a good set of characters, immersive gameplay and a fantastic setting than some cheap COD like funky wacky shite. Farcry use to have integrity, like they’ve had really decent coloured characters that were also female but didn’t shove it directly in your face. It just comes across as distasteful in-general just like when the latest DOOM trailer made references to politics, who gives a fuck? No one wants to hear about your political spectrum when they’re playing a game. Especially me since I’m just ‘apolitical’.

How is it shoving it in your face? We've literally just had one trailer were the characters were the narrators because they're obviously pretty integral to the story, I dunno man you're acting like ubisoft just unfurled the radfem flag and declared all men must die when we haven't really seen much at all

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
How is it shoving it in your face? We've literally just had one trailer were the characters were the narrators because they're obviously pretty integral to the story, I dunno man you're acting like ubisoft just unfurled the radfem flag and declared all men must die when we haven't really seen much at all
It’s just my opinion on it, they’ve done it before and they’ll do it again. Other companies are also doing it and shoving it directly into people’s faces.

Again I’d probably care less if the game actually looked good, in-fact I probably wouldn’t care at all in all fairness. It’s just my way of viewing games now days which is usually some suits exploring the internet and throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
sorry guys no more black people in games we don’t wanna be political so no more women either just johhny sins looking fuckers

who cares if it’s good it’s good and if it’s shit it’s shit and that won’t change if character X is black white male or female

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
image0.png