i1glq2xhkhn41.jpg

got that suppressor permit

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
fuck you fed

you glow in the fucking dark

dont you have some dogs to kill and some innocent people to murder?

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
@shia come home im begging you
fuck you

20210402_142055.jpg

bought another ak, milled mak90 (intend to deban it with ironwood stock set and spiker fsb from polytech usa) currently has all original chinese furniture n shit on it which is neat, barrel also seems thick enough to be threaded later down the line

need to get a stamped ak, only one locally is another mak that the owner won't sell and some v-west spiker w/out a bayo made on some shitty us made receiver that may or may not be heat treated properly

i hate the antichrist ;D

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
In accordance with our season getting back on track, I’ve not only decided but have had to dig out a couple of my shooters for my event next weekend.

I know for a fact @char may be of interest to this

You’ll both get a look into antique weapons, but also a small history lesson into these weapons as a whole.
image0.png

Before you in this photo is my two main options for weapons I decide to use for a event.

On the left. A 1853 Enfield Musket. Originally designed in the Empire, but also fielded to the US during the war.
On the right. A 1860 Springfield Musket. Designed by the Springfield company just prior to the beginning of the war.

Both these rifles are replica rifles. But are still capable of live firing if I ever manage to forge or buy lead rounds.

Both rifles are also .58 caliber rifles. Meaning they both would fire a .58 caliber musket ball (aka Minié ball after their French inventor).

The 1853 Enfield is about 8.3lbs in weight (3.8kgs). And the 1860 Springfield weighing in about 11 lbs (~5kgs). And in the position of shoulder arms. Would basically render your right arm a noodle within the first 10-15 minutes in that position.

The Enfield rifle found itself most commonly within the ranks of Union and Confederate troops during the beginning of the war. With the Springfield being most common with Union troops near the middle and end of the war.

Here are the two (three) videos I’ll show of the handling, use, and training of the weapons in the hands of a soldier during the war. All from people and sources which I’ve actually watched and made sure they were of as close a representative as to real to life training manuals, and personal experience.

The “load in nine times! Load!” Command was solely for training of the standard rifleman

This video goes into detail of the standard drill that would take place within a Union Army drill.

This vid, mostly just for fun, shows a live firing of three muskets (two Enfields, and a Springfield, and a revolver) from my knowledge. Notice the proper stance of their feet within a T shape, and most recommended holding of the rifle.

And before any of you fuckers go telling me there were more rifles used. I know, I just didn’t fucking feeling like showing shit I don’t have as of yet.

And to add on for personal experience, in the second video. When the narrator will say things like “notice this x hand” He is speaking about the proper way of doing so, as so many FNGs, (like myself early on) did the same mistakes.

When moving to the right shoulder from shoulder arms, my SGM. Told me “it is meant to move in three sections.” The first is grabbing the weapon with your left hand, two is bringing it up with your left, and third is securing your right hand and returning your left hand to your side. (And as a side note, the lock plate of the weapon, AKA the hammer section, should be to the same level as your jaw line.)

And just as a final little note no one will likely care, when the order of “Charge! Bayonets!” Is given. It’s taught you scream, or give a “RAAAGH!” As you move the weapon to the charge position, to threaten the enemy before you. But of course given the chance, and idea you’re supposed to charge. It’s unlikely you’ll be trying to “frighten” your enemy over the sound of bombardment and musket fire.

Last edited:

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
In accordance with our season getting back on track, I’ve not only decided but have had to dig out a couple of my shooters for my event next weekend.

You’ll both get a look into antique weapons, but also a small history lesson into these weapons as a whole.
image0.png

Before you in this photo is my two main options for weapons I decide to use for a event.

On the left. A 1853 Enfield Musket. Originally designed in the Empire, but also fielded to the US during the war.
On the right. A 1860 Springfield Musket. Designed by the Springfield company just prior to the beginning of the war.

Both these rifles are replica rifles. But are still capable of live firing if I ever manage to forge or buy lead rounds.

Both rifles are also .58 caliber rifles. Meaning they both would fire a .58 caliber musket ball (aka Minié ball after their French inventor).

The 1853 Enfield is about 8.3lbs in weight (3.8kgs). And the 1860 Springfield weighing in about 11 lbs (~5kgs). And in the position of shoulder arms. Would basically render your right arm a noodle within the first 10-15 minutes in that position.

The Enfield rifle found itself most commonly within the ranks of Union and Confederate troops during the beginning of the war. With the Springfield being most common with Union troops near the middle and end of the war.

Here are the two (three) videos I’ll show of the handling, use, and training of the weapons in the hands of a soldier during the war. All from people and sources which I’ve actually watched and made sure they were of as close a representative as to real to life training manuals, and personal experience.

The “load in nine times! Load!” Command was solely for training of the standard rifleman

This video goes into detail of the standard drill that would take place within a Union Army drill.

This vid, mostly just for fun, shows a live firing of three muskets (two Enfields, and a Springfield, and a revolver) from my knowledge. Notice the proper stance of their feet within a T shape, and most recommended holding of the rifle.

And before any of you fuckers go telling me there were more rifles used. I know, I just didn’t fucking feeling like showing shit I don’t have as of yet.

the fact these mfs still fire is incredible

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae

image0.png

And to add on for personal experience, in the second video. When the narrator will say things like “notice this x hand” He is speaking about the proper way of doing so, as so many FNGs, (like myself early on) did the same mistakes.

When moving to the right shoulder from shoulder arms, my SGM. Told me “it is meant to move in three sections.” The first is grabbing the weapon with your left hand, two is bringing it up with your left, and third is securing your right hand and returning your left hand to your side. (And as a side note, the lock plate of the weapon, AKA the hammer section, should be to the same level as your jaw line.)

And just as a final little note no one will likely care, when the order of “Charge! Bayonets!” Is given. It’s taught you scream, or give a “RAAAGH!” As you move the weapon to the charge position, to threaten the enemy before you. But of course given the chance, and idea you’re supposed to charge. It’s unlikely you’ll be trying to “frighten” your enemy over the sound of bombardment and musket fire.

To just carry on with the “load in nine times!” Video. Our process of training (ours being the 61st NYVIR (Volunteer Infantry Regiment). Would be as follows

1. Load in nine times! Load! Command is given, the weapon comes down between your feet in a V. Hand comes to open your cartridge box and grab ahold of a round
2. Handle! Cartridge! Hand then brings up the round, holding the flap between your two front teeth.
3. Tear! Cartridge! You tear open the paper. Pouring the powder and minie ball into the muzzle.
4. Draw! Rammer! You set the round inside, and pull out your ramrod, setting it to the side (literally) to prepare to ram the entirety home.
5. Ram! Cartridge! You ram it all home. Literally making sure everything it set in place so you can properly fire the weapon. And before returning you bring it half out. Holding it with your index and middle finger.
6. Return! Rammer! You return the rammer back to its previous position within the rifle. (USE YOUR PINKIE FINGER TO RETURN IT!) that part is simple weapons safety.
7. Shoulder! Arms! Return the position of the shoulder.
8. Prime! Bring the weapon up, lock plate against your cap box. And prime the weapon with the cap to ignite the powder and fire the weapon.
9. Ready! Aim! Fire! Self explanatory, you’re now firing your weapon, having completed the process to load and fire your rifle.

(note, after every ‘!’ Is a state of which you do not do anything or move, such as Shoulder! Arms!, you DO NOT do anything after the first, you wait for the LAST, before completing the order.)

My quickest reload of the musket has been 13.5 seconds. Near inhuman if you ask me.

tera

Atom
Nebulae
That feel when you live in a country with hardened gun laws.

I'd personally would love to get my hands on World War II era weapons, particularly the bolt action rifles like the Mosin Nagant. Would also love to get my hands on the M1 Garand. I've been considering Vietnam Era weapons as well.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Splurged 75$ on my gun license, 200$ on my gun club membership, 250$ on a safe, and 370$ on 1000 rounds of ammo, and then 1000$ on my pistorelo.

Will post pics within the week once UPS delivers it.

Also, if anyone here hunts, I'd like a decent recommendation for a beginner hunting caliber. I'm pretty committed to getting a Mauser M18, considering it's relatively cheap, lightweight and solid quality for a beginner rifle. These are the caliber options:
.223 Rem., .243 Win., .270 Win., 6,5x55, 6,5 PRC, 6,5 Creedmoor, .308 Win, .30-06 Sprg, 8x57 IS, 9,3x62, 7mm Rem., .300 Win. Mag.

It'll be a long way until I actually go hunting, but it's probably best to be good with the rifle before trying to shoot living animals with it.

That feel when you live in a country with hardened gun laws.
It's strange to me as somebody who believes in the philosophy that if you're government doesn't trust you with firearms, then you shouldn't trust of your government.

I've been doing digging and it seems to me as if no Asian countries allow private ownership of firearms.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Splurged 75$ on my gun license, 200$ on my gun club membership, 250$ on a safe, and 370$ on 1000 rounds of ammo, and then 1000$ on my pistorelo.

Will post pics within the week once UPS delivers it.

Also, if anyone here hunts, I'd like a decent recommendation for a beginner hunting caliber. I'm pretty committed to getting a Mauser M18, considering it's relatively cheap, lightweight and solid quality for a beginner rifle. These are the caliber options:
.223 Rem., .243 Win., .270 Win., 6,5x55, 6,5 PRC, 6,5 Creedmoor, .308 Win, .30-06 Sprg, 8x57 IS, 9,3x62, 7mm Rem., .300 Win. Mag.

It'll be a long way until I actually go hunting, but it's probably best to be good with the rifle before trying to shoot living animals with it.

It's strange to me as somebody who believes in the philosophy that if you're government doesn't trust you with firearms, then you shouldn't trust of your government.

I've been doing digging and it seems to me as if no Asian countries allow private ownership of firearms.
30-06 is pretty standard in my family as a starter cartridge. it'll take anything in the continent, so its great

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
30-06 is pretty standard in my family as a starter cartridge. it'll take anything in the continent, so its great
oh god, a box of 20 rounds for at least 30 dollars.
god damn, thirty bucks per box at a minimum

its going to cost me damn near half the cost of the rifle to get comfortable with it.

why are there no bulk deals on this shit???