News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHODAN

'Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network'
Nebulae
What about just making C24 smaller? You could chip away parts of the map and put combine walls there.

I believe performance is an issue as well on the current map, people with weaker hardware struggling to join or something?

@alex Could probably tell you better than I could

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

No we cannot.

It's not thrown away. Atle made C24 in his own time, we appreciated it but it's hard to continue to appreciate something with so many problems that he won't allow us to fix; So it became time to cut our losses and move away from it.

Edit: I asked multiple times, not only do I not have the source map files I wasn't given them after asking, nor do I have the custom compiler and also for some reason they don't want me to have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
I believe some fucking dev or whoever mentioned that ATLE or RAHNALD or whoever is using some super cool compiler or whatever and we cannot edit c24 because we don't have access to it!!!

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
It's not thrown away. Atle made C24 in his own time, we appreciated it but it's hard to continue to appreciate something with so many problems that he won't allow us to fix; So it became time to cut our losses and move away from it.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Has the rebel 'zone' been revealed? Or at least the location where it might be set up?

the poncho.

Quark
Nebulae
To be honest I generally dislike the new map. I hope it's not a long time thing.
The buildings are super low poly, textures are half assed, everything is flat and empty and there are dead ends everywhere.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
To be honest I generally dislike the new map. I hope it's not a long time thing.
The buildings are super low poly, textures are half assed, everything is flat and empty and there are dead ends everywhere.

maybe it'll be the reverse

we said C24 looked amazing but then we figured it wasn't so suitable, now we think this map sucks and we'll flip to liking it

gj fellas you sold me on the map the boys do it again

SHODAN

'Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network'
Nebulae
maybe it'll be the reverse

we said C24 looked amazing but then we figured it wasn't so suitable, now we think this map sucks and we'll flip to liking it

gj fellas you sold me on the map the boys do it again

TBH I saw the UM hospital and it made me a little excited. May have to re-apply for it now things are a bit more condensed.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
And I've also ran into some problems that are currently bugging me.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....509/35DDCB5690B30695B42B47358596A30B9B743873/
The lighting in this part of the map is bugged.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....651/43F7A2C9341262B2AC38E1EFEDA8DF9551249465/
And texture placements doesn't fit in some maps, including brushes.

That's all I could for now, atleast.
the lighting thing is because the original guy never used smoothing groups there

as for the second thing holy fuck how did i miss that, that looks garbage

Great Gatsby

Proton
Nebulae
I'm really late to this thread, because I didn't know HL2RP posts here, but this map is killing me. I've never played on it, but it runs so well on my computer...Thank you soooooo much!!!

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae

is the fucking 30 DOLLARS i spent on this meant for nothing

I feel like paying anyone to say Half Life 2 Roleplay should be a fucking crime.
Kinda like taking a fork and scraping it along a ceramic plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.