Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
- donate to gain vault, or 'swear fealty' to a group for container access

- '/r selling ak 30000'

/̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶r̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶m̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶i̶c̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶;̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶l̶u̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶o̶r̶-̶p̶i̶e̶r̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶.̶

- 'flag down quick bro or run'

none of those things are really a difficulty curve; in fact i'm sure most people would agree that the curve comes with learning how to most quickly attain the tokens needed to become a rebel

the 'difficulty' in being a rebel is instantly alleviated by knowing the right people OOCly
u seem to have it down pat, flagging down a couple seconds before a jw, i wish i could be like u tbh. ur just too fucking smart as a rebel tbh smh

Reactions: List

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
u seem to have it down pat, flagging down a couple seconds before a jw, i wish i could be like u tbh. ur just too fucking smart as a rebel tbh smh
unlike you; scully, i never made out like being a rebel was this arcane knowledge that only some gain over time

it is literally all circlejerk or luck

explain one person outside of Joseph 'Joe' Cubbage that ever got to full end-game gear without knowing 'the usual suspects' (and even he somehow found a functional SPAS-12 on the floor and sold up from there)

SHODAN

'Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network'
Nebulae
unlike you; scully, i never made out like being a rebel was this arcane knowledge that only some gain over time

explain one person outside of Joseph 'Joe' Cubbage that ever got to full end-game gear without knowing 'the usual suspects' (and even he somehow found a functional SPAS-12 on the floor and sold up from there)

If you think being apart of the resistance is all about 'getting the best gear' you are literally failing the first question about needing scripts to roleplay. Yeah its nice to walk around in a trench and AK but the real reason you should be out there is to develop your character's story, interact with others or maybe just because you prefer the resistance setting to the union one (yes I know that wasn't your point but regardless...).

I started my character off as an outsider during an event (after permission from the admins) that did not have a CID - meaning I couldn't get easy tokens by farming. I also started with zero tokens because personally for my character it wouldn't make much sense in their background for them to have any tokens. The only special 'perk' I got from this was a resistance bodygroup and starting in the resistance area.

Through total IC interaction and over a course of months my character now has a nice little blacksuit, all the medical scripts I could need for most applications and a firearm for self defense. I have developed my character from being a loner outsider to a resistance medic that I am loving to pieces roleplaying. She also knows some people that sell her things for low prices so she can resell and make a bit of money to keep herself in stock with medical supplies and ammo.

The key thing to point out is if you attempt to make a half decent character, roleplay with others not out of 'oh I know they have cool stuff' but because their characters are interesting and attempt to develop IC relationships from an IC standpoint you will do well. Some of the IC interactions I have made have caused me to become OOC friends with people but that again is besides the point.

Just my two cents.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you think being apart of the resistance is all about 'getting the best gear' you are literally failing the first question about needing scripts to roleplay. Yeah its nice to walk around in a trench and AK but the real reason you should be out there is to develop your character's story, interact with others or maybe just because you prefer the resistance setting to the union one (yes I know that wasn't your point but regardless...).

I started my character off as an outsider during an event (after permission from the admins) that did not have a CID - meaning I couldn't get easy tokens by farming. I also started with zero tokens because personally for my character it wouldn't make much sense in their background for them to have any tokens. The only special 'perk' I got from this was a resistance bodygroup and starting in the resistance area.

Through total IC interaction and over a course of months my character now has a nice little blacksuit, all the medical scripts I could need for most applications and a firearm for self defense. I have developed my character from being a loner outsider to a resistance medic that I am loving to pieces roleplaying. She also knows some people that sell her things for low prices so she can resell and make a bit of money to keep herself in stock with medical supplies and ammo.

The key thing to point out is if you attempt to make a half decent character, roleplay with others not out of 'oh I know they have cool stuff' but because their characters are interesting and attempt to develop IC relationships from an IC standpoint you will do well. Some of the IC interactions I have made have caused me to become OOC friends with people but that again is besides the point.

Just my two cents.
not remotely what i implied but yeah sure

SHODAN

Nebulae
not remotely what i implied but yeah sure

You claimed it was all circlejerk or luck. I simply added that if you happened to try and RP an interesting character that isn't the standard 'fuck the combine' or 'depression simulator' you can work your way up. Is it harder this way? Sure. But its possible.

Quote for reference:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You claimed it was all circlejerk or luck. I simply added that if you happened to try and RP an interesting character that isn't the standard 'fuck the combine' or 'depression simulator' you can work your way up. Is it harder this way? Sure. But its possible.
It's possible, but you're usually not going to get end-game gear without interacting with a certain few people.

Personally I don't even really find this too much of a negative if only because I shudder to imagine what some of the people I've seen get PK'd for being idiots who keep doing the same thing over and over to GET PK'd would do with a Spas-12.

There's a certain learning curve in getting into RebelRP but you tend to only have to do that once. When you're going in for your second or third rebel you have the system down to a pat which is why a lot of people try to mix it up. It gets stale to just grind for end-game gear all the time.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I simply added that if you happened to try and RP an interesting character that isn't the standard 'fuck the combine' or 'depression simulator' you can work your way up. Is it harder this way? Sure. But its possible.
Ooooh, ouch. Yeah, my characters can't be interesting, and must believe exactly what you thought because I have an opinion.

lmao fuck outta here

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
In fact my second Rebel on LP was my best. Why? Because I knew who to talk to to get what I needed to make the grind more tolerable and from there just focused on my interactions with other characters and people. It's how I met and became great friends with @Warwick and @Carrion, for example. IC became OOC.

When you cut out the grind or are past the grind, RebelRP becomes a lot more enjoyable because suddenly you aren't worried about getting better guns to defend yourself. You can turn your focus into helping folks less fortunate than you IC, which in itself makes for some great RP.

The last four months of LP were spent either helping defend other characters from Conscripts or giving them shit to do like training courses and generally just keeping them entertained. Nobody tried to PK me, nobody tried to fuck me over. It was just fun.

SHODAN

Nebulae
Ooooh, ouch. Yeah, my characters can't be interesting, and must believe exactly what you thought because I have an opinion.

lmao fuck outta here

I...never claimed that? I never said anything about you personally - I just said its retarded to say that the only way you can progress through resistance is through circle jerking or luck and provided a counter argument with an example

Please try to keep this discussion civil yeah?

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I don't play my characters with tons of OOC restrictions, and as if I already know what to do and who to talk to. This is the main reason why three of my created rebels have died, I don't play them with what I want to do OOCly, I play them how they would actually be in a real scenario. My most recent one died for attempting to hinder a group's efforts because he saw them as an evil that had to be stopped. Sure, it's almost guaranteed death, but why RP if you just play the game with tons of OOC restrictions and sudden knowledge?

Another example that I'd like to provide would be my IDF paratrooper who suffers from many issues and has outbursts against people. He's lived out in the world away from society for years, so he's almost completely lost his moral compass and is slowly deteriorating in the head. Regardless, he's still sane and capable, but I've caused him to have realistic issues that come with being lonely and greatly fatigued over a long period of time, especially war torn.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the only way you can progress through resistance is through circle jerking or luck and provided a counter argument with an example
It's fair to say there is a 'stopping point' if you don't know/aren't affiliated with certain people unless you're very very lucky, though. If you're focused on that kind of progression, anyway.

For characters that aren't, the door is open basically from the get-go if you're even a little bit unique and fun. Fruit Guy springs to mind, or Aether's Vort. Vorts in general are good for this because the grind means nothing to them. They literally skip out on it because they are end-game. You can focus on the RP side.

In fact, Fruit Guy got a crossbow from Simeon on LP just for being as unique and consistent as he was. He wasn't even part of the KRLF, he just got permission to sell his fruits and did rebel workshifts and shit to grow them.

SHODAN

Nebulae
It's fair to say there is a 'stopping point' if you don't know/aren't affiliated with certain people unless you're very very lucky, though. If you're focused on that kind of progression, anyway.

For characters that aren't, the door is open basically from the get-go if you're even a little bit unique and fun. Fruit Guy springs to mind, or Aether's Vort. Vorts in general are good for this because the grind means nothing to them. They literally skip out on it because they are end-game. You can focus on the RP side.

In fact, Fruit Guy got a crossbow from Simeon on LP just for being as unique and consistent as he was. He wasn't even part of the KRLF, he just got permission to sell his fruits and did rebel workshifts and shit to grow them.

Exactly - you summed it up better than I could Rabid.

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
I literally don't see you saying anything but negative shit. "Pffft that looks like shit"

If you want to contribute with actual constructive criticism, then do so. But, if you're going to make a complete ass of yourself then pick another thread because no one wants to see you trying to wave your vagina flaps around. Nobody cares about your little edgy ego, go get some attention from your parents.
I live in their basement. And as far as I know, that was from the original map, hence why I figured it’d be fixed

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
There's ways through the entire underground, tbf. It's not like they're penned in to one section and have to cross topside to get across map.

In fact if you seal off the plaza door, cops literally have to go all the way across the map to get into that area anyway.

You can literally leap a fence and then cross half the trainyard to get directly into the sewers if you choose - which is a bad thing, because from what I've heard, that's the 'go-to' place for the Outcasts.

I can name a shitload of places that would serve as better hiding spots that taking refugee in the underground - and ironically enough, they're within 300m of the Nexus.

Last edited:

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
How people who like C24 feel right now:
R1fdEt3.gif

the poncho.

Quark
Nebulae
What about just making C24 smaller? You could chip away parts of the map and put combine walls there.

Status
Not open for further replies.