News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i feel like this map will play out greatly for nearly all the factions

tell that to the sewer-bound rebels who cannot dare to leave the trainyard without being shot to pieces.

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
rebels are in the citizen faction

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Rebels aren't a faction

My point was that although they aren't a faction, it doesn't play out greatly for them - even Units could probably commit genocide of half the 'populace' solely because how they are positioned.

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My point was that although they aren't a faction, it doesn't play out greatly for them - even Units could probably commit genocide of half the 'populace' solely because how they are positioned.
Hopefully this will make them actually think IC about their obstacles. They're going to have to play smart, as rebels they have so much they can use but they don't think about IC perspectives rather than just complaining OOCly on the forums cause life ain't fair.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tell that to the sewer-bound rebels who cannot dare to leave the trainyard without being shot to pieces.
There's ways through the entire underground, tbf. It's not like they're penned in to one section and have to cross topside to get across map.

In fact if you seal off the plaza door, cops literally have to go all the way across the map to get into that area anyway.

D

Deleted member 1435

Tbh, I took a good look at it... Where are rebels and vort supposed to be? In the "sewers" they are really small, I mean really fricking small, 30+ rebels won't fit in there witouth killing each other. And vorts AH, well I guess I better farm some SC cause I will have nothing else to do. Don't get me wrong map is fantastic, and the CP Citizen side will definetelly rejoice, but... this is just bad for everyone else. Haven't seen a spot for CAB or WI. Unless you put two cameras in the city rebels won't have a place to run around. There are A LOT of CP outpost which is good makes sense in lore but the gameplay would suffer, I gotta say, we are entering a new era of hard mode for rebels. A single OTA sweep could wipe them out. I rest in peace and await the two months thread to switch back to city #

To be fair, as a CP, i'd gladly have Cameras only be outside of nexus and RDC or something while keeping the rest of the city unmonitored by them. It's not only more in line with what we see in HL2, but will seriously damage the split between 'Loyalist' and 'Rebel' parts of the server, instead mixing and merging, having rebels utilize areas that aren't physically disconnected from the 'loyalist' area, just like in a real city.

I for one am excited and optimistic and think we should give the Staff team a chance at adjusting the server to the map to house us all.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
They're going to have to play smart
'play smart'
'play your cards right'
'just know how to do it'

oh my fucking god these buzzwords are just becoming a way of people who think they're relevant and amazing rebels, gatekeeping against people who aren't as experienced

you're not fucking woke because you know when to run away from a sweep

you're not fucking einstein because your friend (icly or oocly) told you to hide

you're not a fucking tactician because you've had six characters die and you vow this one won't go the same

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
'play smart'
'play your cards right'
'just know how to do it'

oh my fucking god these buzzwords are just becoming a way of people who think they're relevant and amazing rebels, gatekeeping against people who aren't as experienced

you're not fucking einstein because your friend (icly or oocly) told you to hide

you're not a fucking tactician because you've had six characters die and you vow this one won't go the same
Has gained box of screws

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
'play smart'
'play your cards right'
'just know how to do it'

being able to manage resources/sell shit/avoid rebel conflict/dodge sweeps are valid skills to have though and it's not like there isn't an experience curve

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
'play smart'
'play your cards right'
'just know how to do it'

what do u know, have u taken 6 bullets and survived in a video game? i think not..............................................

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
manage resources
- donate to gain vault, or 'swear fealty' to a group for container access
sell shit
- '/r selling ak 30000'
avoid rebel conflict
/̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶r̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶m̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶i̶c̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶;̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶l̶u̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶o̶r̶-̶p̶i̶e̶r̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶.̶
dodge sweeps
- 'flag down quick bro or run'

none of those things are really a difficulty curve; in fact i'm sure most people would agree that the curve comes with learning how to most quickly attain the tokens needed to become a rebel

the 'difficulty' in being a rebel is instantly alleviated by knowing the right people OOCly

Reactions: List

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
- donate to gain vault, or 'swear fealty' to a group for container access

- '/r selling ak 30000'

/̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶r̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶i̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶m̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶i̶c̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶;̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶l̶u̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶r̶m̶o̶r̶-̶p̶i̶e̶r̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶.̶

- 'flag down quick bro or run'

none of those things are really a difficulty curve; in fact i'm sure most people would agree that the curve comes with learning how to most quickly attain the tokens needed to become a rebel

the 'difficulty' in being a rebel is instantly alleviated by knowing the right people OOCly

good job clockwork comes with a plyban command

Status
Not open for further replies.