News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
That's slightly conceited.
i've said it before and i'll say it again, most of the decisions we've made have factored in community feedback but haven't relied on it exclusively

most of the time, popular opinion aligns with changes being made, so there's no problem, but once in a while something that would benefit us in the long-term might have immediate backlash

but every single time, the decisions made have been adapted to, and now i'm willing to bet almost nobody even remembers the controversy over some of the changes that have been made in the past

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
Uh no? I never said "We know best the community opinion is usually wrong", I very clearly said that they do not know what they want a majority of the time. Did you miss FT RP v1 and FT RP v2? I'm not sure what you gain here with trying to pick an argument.
I'm sure they DID want i17 at the time.
e: Short term.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Uh no? I never said "We know best the community opinion is usually wrong", I very clearly said that they do not know what they want a majority of the time. Did you miss FT RP v1 and FT RP v2? I'm not sure what you gain here with trying to pick an argument.

you're wrong

everybody knows what they want but it's just that it's a lot of people and they don't have a group opinion

the most you can do is compromise

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
you're wrong

everybody knows what they want but it's just that it's a lot of people and they don't have a group opinion

The poll was a group opinion

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
"They don't know what they want huehue let's just decide for them!"

wow dude ur so funny

e;
c4b948a96c11d1dbcc912acaa8014568.png

if u couldnt tell, it was sarcasm

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This, really.

Like a really, really weird game of pinball. No matter what you do/don't do, people will get pissed off and dislike it. You kinda gotta shrug some of it off and do what you can while focusing on the community as a whole.

The poll was a group opinion
Yeah but how many of those people would have complained about the map a few weeks in?

Probably most of them. Because that's the way these things go. People tend to get super hyped for map changes then find an issue with it when they're settled and over time people want to eventually leave it.

That goes for edits, too. Look at C24. Worked amazingly for a few weeks. Then people realized issues.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
you're wrong

I mean, yeah. The best we can do is compromise and for the most part do what we think is best, sure there will be times that community's opinion is what we go with because we can see that it's a viable option and something we agree with but it isn't as clear cut as "community voted X better go with X".

Reactions: List

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
This, really.

Like a really, really weird game of pinball. No matter what you do/don't do, people will get pissed off and dislike it. You kinda gotta shrug some of it off and do what you can while focusing on the community as a whole.

Yeah but how many of those people would have complained about the map a few weeks in?

Probably most of them. Because that's the way these things go. People tend to get super hyped for map changes then find an issue with it when they're settled and over time people want to eventually leave it.

That goes for edits, too. Look at C24. Worked amazingly for a few weeks. Then people realized issues.
And... Changing it to another map will change it?
Yes it may fix the problems with C24, but new problems will be found and the cycle will continue.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I mean, yeah. The best we can do is compromise and for the most part do what we think is best, sure there will be times that community's opinion is what we go with because we can see that it's a viable option and something we agree with but it isn't as clear cut as "community voted X better go with X".

either way you're serving a community of autistic shutin pre-teens so i def. don't envy you no matter what it is you do

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
And... Changing it to another map will change it?
Yes it may fix the problems with C24, but new problems will be found and the cycle will continue.
For as long as it does, yep.

But C24 didn't just have gameplay problems. It had technical issues too. And unlike almost every other map we could edit, Atle won't let us edit it further to fix the issues to make it viable. So it's either let the community suffer, or move on.

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
I feel like no matter what decisions are made, and I'm not saying they're bad ones. But no matter what, it's a cycle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.