News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Which supports my statement earlier that I give you credit for not quitting considering the playerbase first wanted the i17 edit.

[doublepost=1510789586][/doublepost]Ahh, I said asked. Regardless, I meant told, recommended, it wasn't a point, only a question.

There's no contradiction in those posts, I believe, and...

atle spent a lot of resources on a circlejerk faction

I'm going to guess you mean C24's CAB buildings that are huge, since if I recall correctly, C24's WI was pretty low on brushes considering the size of it and the percentage of brushes taken from the total available.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I17's various edits (outside of v2) prove that mappers either rip out what makes I17 good and playable to fit their own version of it (so it sucks shit) or it adds pointless things that don't add to what makes I17 good. Check out most I17 edits to see what I mean.

No edit on earth could make I17 feel fresh and new again.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
I'm going to guess you mean C24's CAB buildings that are huge, since if I recall correctly, C24's WI was pretty low on brushes considering the size of it and the percentage of brushes taken from the total available.
i'll bring up the argument that i brought up in another thread, and that's "raw brush count =/= good use of resources"

from a size and location standpoint, WI's facilities were far too big to be practical

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I17's various edits (outside of v2) prove that mappers either rip out what makes I17 good and playable to fit their own version of it (so it sucks shit) or it adds pointless things that don't add to what makes I17 good. Check out most I17 edits to see what I mean.

No edit on earth could make I17 feel fresh and new again.

I mean, thing with i17 is that the original version exceeds the brush limit iirc - so in order to use the original for your server, you first need to remove or rethink areas of the map to fit said limits. It's hard to edit from start to end.

Reactions: List

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
i will now end this argument with one simple swipe

e: hehehehehe... you fell right into my trap
a1c74042f0c93fe3729faf4bda3962dc.png

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i'll bring up the argument that i brought up in another thread, and that's "raw brush count =/= good use of resources"

from a size and location standpoint, WI's facilities were far too big to be practical

speaking of which...

@afric @Gaben

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i will now end this argument with one simple swipe

a1c74042f0c93fe3729faf4bda3962dc.png

Hi.

Oh alright, sorry, just thought you meant raw brush count. I'm not too experienced, I just went with what I knew.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Seriously though, I'm glad we didn't get an I17 edit.

@Zak's mapping skills are far better put to work on maps that have promise but haven't been done to fucking death like I17. I'd rather take a fairly fresh, new map we haven't really used before and make it work than try and beat a twice-dead horse.

I17 is a good backup map and it's a map we know people like. It's there for if, I assume, we every absolutely need a map to go back to. It's a given that worst comes to worst, we roll back to i17 and know people will be happy for quite a long time.

So why not branch out in the meantime?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Hi.

Oh alright, sorry, just thought you meant raw brush count. I'm not to experienced, I just went with what I knew.

You're basically right though. i17 already converted brushes to props which effectively means it hit the limit and was at the limit after the further edits.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i dont see the problem with the current maps sewers if anything cp sweeps will get easily wiped by some paint sniffing protein powder junkie with a spas-12 and parkinsons
its also big enough for people to rp and shit

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Why can't we all be best friends and have a peace time. I just want to love and love you all

Status
Not open for further replies.