News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Tbh, I took a good look at it... Where are rebels and vort supposed to be? In the "sewers" they are really small, I mean really fricking small, 30+ rebels won't fit in there witouth killing each other. And vorts AH, well I guess I better farm some SC cause I will have nothing else to do. Don't get me wrong map is fantastic, and the CP Citizen side will definetelly rejoice, but... this is just bad for everyone else. Haven't seen a spot for CAB or WI. Unless you put two cameras in the city rebels won't have a place to run around. There are A LOT of CP outpost which is good makes sense in lore but the gameplay would suffer, I gotta say, we are entering a new era of hard mode for rebels. A single OTA sweep could wipe them out. I rest in peace and await the two months thread to switch back to city #

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
ok yes hi imma address a few points that have been brought up over the past 3 or so pages
  1. originally the workshop addon was gonna be rp_c17_d47_update because branding sucks, but me and alex agreed that we didn't want it to seem like an "official" update of the map, hence the name
  2. considering we have proper edit rights to it now, in the future i could always modify it more extensively, in case the things being worked on at the moment fall through and d47 proves that it won't work in the long term

Reactions: List

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
I was excited about this map but having taken a look I can say I'd rather have any other map.
I've played this map on apexrp a couple times and I can't see much major changes/updates on the map from their edition of the map,
I honestly don't think this map will fit the needs of the community

Manio

Mostly Sleepy
Nebulae
I would change the map to city 8 or i17 for like two months, enough time to modify d47 and make it playable for every faction. I can bet that people won't play their rebel chars due sewers size, same goes to WI and other factions which require big ammount of space and buildings designated for their needs. I agree with citizen and combine faction, they have enough space to feel somehow comfortable but if my chars were only rebels... Then I would rather make new ones and main them. I really understand that working with hammer is time-consuming but this map is just too small and I would rather play on c18.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I was excited about this map but having taken a look I can say I'd rather have any other map.
I've played this map on apexrp a couple times and I can't see much major changes/updates on the map from their edition of the map,
I honestly don't think this map will fit the needs of the community

"I'd rather have any other map.", yet here we are with C24 being a huge problem not only for gameplay but also some players being completely unable to join the server due to it.

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
"I'd rather have any other map.", yet here we are with C24 being a huge problem not only for gameplay but also some players being completely unable to join the server due to it.
I didn't necessarlily mean any map. Obviously, C24 has huge problems but at the same time, this map possesses a few problems of its own.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I didn't necessarlily mean any map. Obviously, C24 has huge problems but at the same time, this map possesses a few problems of its own.
If C47 does develop problems that can't be overcome, there's always other maps that have been proven to work.

I'd rather cycle through new maps and get a breath of fresh air (even for a while) than jump on one map then go "WHELP BACK TO I17 UNTIL WE FIND ANOTHER, GUYS." every time, as we used to do.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

Every map has it's problems, there is no perfect map. Picking a map with problems we can solve or circumvent is why maps like D47 are chosen. A lot of people disliked City 8 and just as many disliked i17 (which is why we moved away from it).

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
same goes to WI

We can really do wonders out of anything. I mean, we even kept the faction a bit alive through i17, and we were put in a small corner shop and a box at the catwalks. The fact we're moving in the middle of faction reforms will make our lives a bit harder in regards of adaptation and so on, but it's nothing we can't handle. As I usually say, we've had worse, I'm sure of that.

Manio

Mostly Sleepy
Nebulae
Every map has it's problems, there is no perfect map. Picking a map with problems we can solve or circumvent is why maps like D47 are chosen. A lot of people disliked City 8 and just as many disliked i17 (which is why we moved away from it).

People are differend, some of them like c17, some c08, as you said there is no perfect map, I agree but people will dislike d47 even more than other maps. We need to move from c24 asap but d47 won't pass the exam, unless modified and made bigger. I wish that d47 had a faction designated buildings and much bigger sewers, but it won't happen in near future. I just want to RP on my rebel char without need to walk on the streets while donning a black suit.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
People are differend, some of them like c17, some c08, as you said there is no perfect map, I agree but people will dislike d47 even more than other map. We need to move from c24 asap but d47 won't pass the exam, unless modified and made bigger. I wish that d47 had a faction designated buildings and much bigger sewers, but it won't happen in near future. I just want to RP on my rebel char without need to walk on the streets while donning a black suit.

I like murder gamemode pls switch

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
considering we have proper edit rights to it now, in the future i could always modify it more extensively, in case the things being worked on at the moment fall through and d47 proves that it won't work in the long term
IK8D-gkITCKAsybuABhuSA.png

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
People are differend, some of them like c17, some c08, as you said there is no perfect map, I agree but people will dislike d47 even more than other maps. We need to move from c24 asap but d47 won't pass the exam, unless modified and made bigger. I wish that d47 had a faction designated buildings and much bigger sewers, but it won't happen in near future. I just want to RP on my rebel char without need to walk on the streets while donning a black suit.

Are you the mapper that would take on that project though? Because if not, I have to break the news to you that the map is already at the limit of the 2004 Source engine so expanding it (as with other maps) requires a big compromise of removing other areas of the map to free up brushes for the area to even be made. How much butchering of a map do you want just to have your designated areas? What sort of performance do you expect from our servers? C24's large size and bypassing limitations is the result of the community constantly wanting more and bigger, you now know what happens when those limitations are pushed and that's poor performance and an overall poor experience.
[doublepost=1510788662][/doublepost]

Where's your effort to create content or maps for the community? Oh right. Nice appreciation for @Zak there though, I'm sure he definitely won't go the same way as Atle and completely abandon the project and community along with it due to the attitude of people. No way.

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
Are you the mapper that would take on that project though? Because if not, I have to break the news to you that the map is already at the limit of the 2004 Source engine so expanding it (as with other maps) requires a big compromise of removing other areas of the map to free up brushes for the area to even be made. How much butchering of a map do you want just to have your designated areas? What sort of performance do you expect from our servers? C24's large size and bypassing limitations is the result of the community constantly wanting more and bigger, you now know what happens when those limitations are pushed and that's poor performance and an overall poor experience.
[doublepost=1510788662][/doublepost]

Where's your effort to create content or maps for the community? Oh right. Nice appreciation for @Zak there though, I'm sure he definitely won't go the same way as Atle and completely abandon the project and community along with it due to the attitude of people. No way.
I do appreciate Zak for developing. I don't know why he continues seeing as most people either complain when something he makes is released or people don't appreciate it. I would've left already.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I do appreciate Zak for developing. I don't know why he continues seeing as most people either complain when something he makes is released or people don't appreciate it. I would've left already.

You literally just reposted a sarcastic remark about Zak and now you're suddenly on his side?

Status
Not open for further replies.