News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
No, I give credit where it's due but I'll call out some bullshit when I see it. It's not black and white.
for your information, i dropped the i17 updates because the majority of the community was very audibly sick of i17

no amount of updates would have fixed that as it would require a total ground-up redesign to "feel fresh", at which point you're better off just creating a new map

sorry for dropping something that wasn't going to be used tho, next time i'll dump all my effort into really obscure WI buildings like a certain other mapper

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
amid this shitstorm, im curious as to what edits were even made to this aside from the two big event boxes considering ive never seen the original

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
amid this shitstorm, im curious as to what edits were even made to this aside from the two big event boxes considering ive never seen the original
a bunch of super minor things, considering i had about three days to do a full compile

maybe in the future i'll make some actual changes idk

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm not allowed to call out shit when I see it? I recall saying that I do appreciate what he HAS done.
What did you accomplish by doing that exactly?

Aside from you know, demotivating people who actually contribute shit to the community.

Absolutely nothing

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm not allowed to call out shit when I see it? I recall saying that I do appreciate what he HAS done.

I don't remember you being in the channel when I told Zak it was the best option to drop the i17 edit.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
for your information, i dropped the i17 updates because the majority of the community was very audibly sick of i17

no amount of updates would have fixed that as it would require a total ground-up redesign to "feel fresh", at which point you're better off just creating a new map

sorry for dropping something that wasn't going to be used tho, next time i'll dump all my effort into really obscure WI buildings like a certain other mapper

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
I don't remember you being in the channel when I told Zak it was the best option to drop the i17 edit.
Did you let anyone else know about it when you told him to?
[doublepost=1510789242][/doublepost]
If you're going to call out Atle just fucking say Atle.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Did you let anyone else know about it when you told him to?
[doublepost=1510789242][/doublepost]
most of the staff, and anyone who asked me how things were going

i think i posted it on a thread somewhere too

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
ok

atle spent a lot of resources on a circlejerk faction without actually putting in the effort to reform the faction to use the massive area given

he also refused to listen to feedback on multiple occasions and barred various people from contributing from the project for as-of-yet unknown reasons, then when the time came to address the problems put forth, ran alex through several loops trying to get the source files before finally telling him "actually nevermind you can't have them"

so yeah i'm kind of annoyed with him

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
most of the staff, and anyone who asked me how things were going

i think i posted it on a thread somewhere too
That Alex asked you to drop it?
[doublepost=1510789393][/doublepost]
ok

atle spent a lot of resources on a circlejerk faction without actually putting in the effort to reform the faction to use the massive area given

he also refused to listen to feedback on multiple occasions and barred various people from contributing from the project for as-of-yet unknown reasons, then when the time came to address the problems put forth, ran alex through several loops trying to get the source files before finally telling him "actually nevermind you can't have them"

so yeah i'm kind of annoyed with him
Thank you for being open at least.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I mean, I understand @Kraiyick's point since I was also disappointed when I knew i17 wasn't going to get any edits (mainly because that would've given WI a place to do stuff, but w/e), and I sorta understand that it may now be some sort of meme - However I feel @alex is in the right here, there's no need to shove and rub it on @Zak's face at all. That won't help anyone, at all.

i17 is a part of the past, let's not throw beat eachother to death over something that won't change. If anything, I'd love to hear more details and such on this upcoming map, as for where will factions be located and all those thingies. In the end this is about having fun guys, think twice before posting certain things, like memes and stuff, that may cause more harm than fun.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Uhhhh, I kinda fucking figured. I meant the playerbase.

No and we don't need to.

I didn't ask Zak to drop it, we have conversations. It was the obvious best choice.

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
that it was dropped due to a combination of lack of desire by the playerbase, and a lack of personal motivation
Which supports my statement earlier that I give you credit for not quitting considering the playerbase first wanted the i17 edit.

No and we don't need to.

I didn't ask Zak to drop it, we have conversations. It was the obvious best choice.
[doublepost=1510789586][/doublepost]Ahh, I said asked. Regardless, I meant told, recommended, it wasn't a point, only a question.

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
Yes. Whatever the point of that was.
Yes... What?
[doublepost=1510789655][/doublepost]When you don't quote what you're referring to, there's no context.

Status
Not open for further replies.