News Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
Seriously though, I'm glad we didn't get an I17 edit.

@Zak's mapping skills are far better put to work on maps that have promise but haven't been done to fucking death like I17. I'd rather take a fairly fresh, new map we haven't really used before and make it work than try and beat a twice-dead horse.

I17 is a good backup map and it's a map we know people like. It's there for if, I assume, we every absolutely need a map to go back to. It's a given that worst comes to worst, we roll back to i17 and know people will be happy for quite a long time.

So why not branch out in the meantime?
The playerbase voted for the i17 edit.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
You're basically right though. i17 already converted brushes to props which effectively means it hit the limit and was at the limit after the further edits.

I meant the C24 WI/CAB thing, not the i17 one - I know well i17 is tough to edit. I tried myself for the lols, and welp...........

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
So? It's made very clear that polls aren't what make decisions.
Then... Why did we go off the poll...?
[doublepost=1510790169][/doublepost]
we left i17 for a reason and i doubt any edits could fix the problems with it basically turning into a different map which would take longer
The playerbase thought otherwise.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Situations change over time.

I'm sure people would have loved an I17 edit until the new features wore off and they realized that yeah, this is still i17 with all the flaws it always has. Look at C8, or C24.

People loved them to start with, until the problems set in.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

Because seeing the opinion of the community adds to the information we have for making the decision and if there's something we made very clear is that polls are not the decision until we announce the decision.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Threads:
- i17, c08, c24, c45(lol)
- Rebel Roleplay
- CPs do too many sweeps

maxresdefault.jpg

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
Because seeing the opinion of the community adds to the information we have for making the decision and if there's something we made very clear is that polls are not the decision until we announce the decision.
Kinda reminds me of a qubit.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
C45 is actually a pretty goddamn good map, but as much as it hurts me it'd never in a month of sundays work for Neb.

If people struggled with the C24 underground the C45 sewers would be like locking them in a 1x1 cell and telling them to dodge bullets, on both sides.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
That's slightly conceited.
It's true, honestly. Take it from a former SD.

The community tend to focus (naturally) on their own roleplay and their own factions without looking at the big picture (why would they? not a negative by any means). This makes things like putting suggestions into effect or making map changes that suit everyone a really difficult task because the general consensus could change by next week.

What people think they want one week likely isn't what'll be the 'in' thing if you check back four weeks later. You gotta look at the PK threads alone to get an idea for that. You'll never make everyone happy.

I17 as a map is probably the only map that, structurally, works for everyone (minus one or two smaller factions due to space) and people tend not to complain too much about but people are simply bored of - rightly so. Every other map eventually tends to have issues.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
That's slightly conceited.

Uh no? I never said "We know best the community opinion is usually wrong", I very clearly said that they do not know what they want a majority of the time. Did you miss FT RP v1 and FT RP v2? I'm not sure what you gain here with trying to pick an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.