so I decided to check something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Christianity (And many other religions) Are there just to give you the promise of life after death, or some kind of reward afterwards
False, they are there to enforce ethics and morals. The philosphy and theories about the afterlife are different and you act like it's the prominent part about religion.

It's hard not to believe most religious people are only in it for the chance of getting eternally gifted, or given a perfect life, or given a reward for doing something.
I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

You're not helping out of the good of your heart when it's religion, you're helping because you want a fucking shot at Heaven. And you're willing to do anything to get it.
You saying that I only believe in God and Jesus because I want a shot in heaven is incredibly disrespectful.
The reason I'm Christian is not because I want to help out of the good of my heart, it's because my personal beliefs are that the afterlife exists and that I, personally, feel like some but not all of the texts written in the Bible have good meanings behind them that can make you a better person.

There are ofcourse the fundamentals such as, do not steal, do not harm, etc. These fundamentals are written in the Bible, although they are not there to act as rules or laws but rather to enforce your moral and ethical belief.

I cannot deny that ALOT of the things written in the Bible are outright dumb and disgusting, but that's because when this book was written, it was written thousands of years ago, times have changed, although as said the fundamentals are still there. Keep in mind, the Bible was written thousands of years ago which means alot of the texts have been changed and altered to fit someone's else interpretation.

God says gays are bad, better go stand outside the Orlando Shooting with a sign saying "God sent the shooter" that'd certainly please the almighty cunt.
Have you ever heard of Protestant Christianity Max? I don't think you have.
Not only that, there's a huge difference between killing innocent people and simply disagreeing with their way of life.
God never said ''Go out and kill gays,'' atleast from what I have read myself. Please do some research and provide trustful sources when making statements like this.

If you want me to stop stereotyping religion, stop following the damn stereotypes.
Implying that I'm following a stereotype?
Go to a black man and tell him ''If you want me to stop stereotyping black people, stop following the stereotypes!''
This is a dumb statement and proves no point.

he pope is one of the only religious people I like, because he went out in public and praised gays for their courage, said he would never judge them and that they're free to do what they wish.
From what I've read in the bible, Jesus never judged sinners. Your point is invalid.

God made you free-willed for a reason, and it certainly wasn't to lick the shit off his boot every Sunday.
I don't go to church every Sunday. This point is equally invalid.

Why do you even want life after death? Eternal life? That terrifies me. Living forever isn't a reward, it's a curse, because no matter what magnificent things await you in Heaven, you'll be bored of it, eventually. And then you'll remain bored, for infinite years. Infinite, meaning, endless. Non-stop boredom with no reprieve.
This, I think I agree with you. I have discussed this with other believers and it's a philosphical question. People theorize that, when you're in Heaven, you have no body, only your soul. Your soul never gets tired or bored, it's Heaven. Things always change, some theorists say.
But again, the whole Heaven thing is really a blurry part of religion, or atleast it is for me,

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
False, they are there to enforce ethics and morals. The philosphy and theories about the afterlife are different and you act like it's the prominent part about religion.

Not really bad on Christanity's side, but:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Good ethics and morals.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

Was referencing how a lot of people seem to only be into religion just because they want to get into heaven.

You saying that I only believe in God and Jesus because I want a shot in heaven is incredibly disrespectful.
The reason I'm Christian is not because I want to help out of the good of my heart, it's because my personal beliefs are that the afterlife exists and that I, personally, feel like some but not all of the texts written in the Bible have good meanings behind them that can make you a better person.

I don't need to reply, you basically did that yourself. Why bother trying to make yourself a better person with a book if you're still not helping out of your own kindness?

There are ofcourse the fundamentals such as, do not steal, do not harm, etc. These fundamentals are written in the Bible, although they are not there to act as rules or laws but rather to enforce your moral and ethical belief.

These are also laws, so they're pretty pointless.

I cannot deny that ALOT of the things written in the Bible are outright dumb and disgusting, but that's because when this book was written, it was written thousands of years ago, times have changed, although as said the fundamentals are still there. Keep in mind, the Bible was written thousands of years ago which means alot of the texts have been changed and altered to fit someone's else interpretation.

Yes, things like:

“Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

“But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? Hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?”

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

And also the whole thing about gays.

Have you ever heard of Protestant Christianity Max? I don't think you have.
Not only that, there's a huge difference between killing innocent people and simply disagreeing with their way of life.
God never said ''Go out and kill gays,'' atleast from what I have read myself. Please do some research and provide trustful sources when making statements like this.

Ah, yes. I was referencing the Westboro Baptist Church. The ones that seem very loving.
0618ACover2-640x336.jpg

"God hates you."

But, to be fair, "Overall, a solid majority of white mainline Protestants (62%) now favor allowing gays and lesbians to wed, with just 33% opposed, according to a 2015 Pew Research Center survey. A similar share (63%) say there is “no conflict” between their religious beliefs and homosexuality."

Good on you for being Protestant.

Implying that I'm following a stereotype?
Go to a black man and tell him ''If you want me to stop stereotyping black people, stop following the stereotypes!''
This is a dumb statement and proves no point.

But you just said...

The reason I'm Christian is not because I want to help out of the good of my heart

Which was the stereotype I was referencing primarily.

From what I've read in the bibles, Jesus never judged sinners. Your point is invalid.

You what?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25:31-46

Jesus fucking ethically segregated people to be judged. And I never referenced Jesus, I was talking about the Pope, who's a generally cool guy.

I don't go to church every Sunday. This point is equally invalid.

Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean no one else does.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t007.html

This, I think I agree with you. I have discussed this with other believers and it's a philosphical question. People theorize that, when you're in Heaven, you have no body, only your soul. Your soul never gets tired or bored, it's Heaven. Things always change, some theorists say.
But again, the whole Heaven thing is really a blurry part of religion, or atleast it is for me,

So why bother?

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Not really bad on Christanity's side, but:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Good ethics and morals.
This is Islam, not Christianity. Islam is alot worse, but I wont start talking about that.

Was referencing how a lot of people seem to only be into religion just because they want to get into heaven.
They don't.
Practically noone does.
This point is just dumb and wrong, sorry dude.

I don't need to reply, you basically did that yourself. Why bother trying to make yourself a better person with a book if you're still not helping out of your own kindness?
Because I don't want to be a thief and fucking kill people?

These are also laws, so they're pretty pointless.
Do you actually think people follow laws?
There's people that do drugs,
there's people that murder,
there's people that steal.

Laws don't do anything, although ethics and morals do.

Ah, yes. I was referencing the Westboro Baptist Church. The ones that seem very loving.
0618ACover2-640x336.jpg

"God hates you."

But, to be fair, "Overall, a solid majority of white mainline Protestants (62%) now favor allowing gays and lesbians to wed, with just 33% opposed, according to a 2015 Pew Research Center survey. A similar share (63%) say there is “no conflict” between their religious beliefs and homosexuality."

Good on you for being Protestant.
Those people are dumb. It shows a very small minority of Christians.
Also, they're American, what did you expect?

I'm not Protestant by the way, but I agree with alot of things said by the Protestant.
You what?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25:31-46

Jesus fucking ethically segregated people to be judged. And I never referenced Jesus, I was talking about the Pope, who's a generally cool guy.
Fair enough, it was two thousand years ago, was it not?
Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean no one else does.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t007.html
They're stupid. Stop stereotyping a whole race/religion because people are stupid.

So why bother?
Ethics, morals and personal belief.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is Islam, not Christianity. Islam is alot worse, but I wont start talking about that.

Mentioned.

They don't.
Practically noone does.
This point is just dumb and wrong, sorry dude.

Would an atheist that helps out of the good of their heart go to Heaven? Or would they be sent to Hell for not believing in God? Would someone of another religion have the same happen, even though they're breaking the #1 Commandment?

Because I don't want to be a thief and fucking kill people?

Because someone told you to? Why not do it just because you're a nice guy in general?

Do you actually think people follow laws?
There's people that do drugs,
there's people that murder,
there's people that steal.

Laws don't do anything, although ethics and morals do.

*Cough* Christian shootings. A lot of religious people kill, steal and do drugs. Laws are what get them in jail, religion does nothing until they're dead.

Those people are dumb. It shows a very small minority of Christians.
Also, they're American, what did you expect?

I'm not Protestant by the way, but I agree with alot of things said by the Protestant.

Agreed.

Fair enough, it was two thousand years ago, was it not?

Alright.

They're stupid. Stop stereotyping a whole race/religion because people are stupid.

I thought most Christians went to Church on Sunday.

Ethics, morals and personal belief.

But why do you need ethics enforced to make you a better person?

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
tbh most of my ww3rp chars were communists so they kinda had to be athiests

/me shrugs

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Would an atheist that helps out of the good of their heart go to Heaven? Or would they be sent to Hell for not believing in God? Would someone of another religion have the same happen, even though they're breaking the #1 Commandment?
I personally believe someone who has been a perfect and good person, will go to Heaven.
If you follow the good things the Bible says, you will go to Heaven.
And most of the things that the Bible says are things logical people would do anyway, such as NOT KILLING PEOPLE.
Hence, if you don't fuck up, you don't have to be a Christian to go to Heaven.

Because someone told you to? Why not do it just because you're a nice guy in general?
Max, I wont kill someone because I have been taught from the moment I was a baby to now that ''KILLING IS BAD!''. Guess who told me that killing is bad? My parents, my friends, Society. The Bible only enforced on this.

*Cough* Christian shootings. A lot of religious people kill, steal and do drugs. Laws are what get them in jail, religion does nothing until they're dead.
They're stupid.

I thought most Christians went to Church on Sunday.
Most people don't actually.
I find it a waste of time, I only go there on special occassions or only sometimes to light a candle and mourn.

But why do you need ethics enforced to make you a better person?
Because a baby from birth needs to learn from somewhere. My ethics are already built up from my childhood and I know what my morals are now.
[doublepost=1470437981][/doublepost]
tbh most of my ww3rp chars were communists so they kinda had to be athiests

/me shrugs
If you didn't know already, most people in the Soviet Union were Orthodox Christian.
Why do they have to be atheists? Religion and ideology is different.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I personally believe someone who has been a perfect and good person, will go to Heaven.
If you follow the good things the Bible says, you will go to Heaven.
And most of the things that the Bible says are things logical people would do anyway, such as NOT KILLING PEOPLE.
Hence, if you don't fuck up, you don't have to be a Christian to go to Heaven.

Fair.

Max, I wont kill someone because I have been taught from the moment I was a baby to now that ''KILLING IS BAD!''. Guess who told me that killing is bad? My parents, my friends, Society. The Bible only enforced on this.

Fair.

They're stupid.

Agreed.

Most people don't actually.
I find it a waste of time, I only go there on special occassions or only sometimes to light a candle and mourn.

You're Christian, I'm not, you have better judgement in that situation.

Because a baby from birth needs to learn from somewhere. My ethics are already built up from my childhood and I know what my morals are now.

Fucking fair.

And we've reached the impasse.

Good argument.

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
If you didn't know already, most people in the Soviet Union were Orthodox Christian.
Why do they have to be atheists? Religion and ideology is different.

in the soviet union and many communist states religion was heavily repressed because it means allegiance to ideals other than that of marxism and the party -- aside from that, marx himself said that religion is the opiate of the masses and is another means of repression

any die-hard communist would not be religious

http://victimsofcommunism.org/the-war-on-religion/

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Yeah, I've realized the majority of the community plays edgy atheists a while back, but l never thought to turn it into an issue and something to talk about.

The thread makes me cringe.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Yeah, I've realized the majority of the community plays edgy atheists a while back, but l never thought to turn it into an issue and something to talk about.

The thread makes me cringe.
I never argued about it and turned it into an issue Poopship.
It looks like you've only read the first page.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Alright, you quoted my character's page so I'll explain why so many North Korean characters are Atheist.

"North Korea is an atheist state where public religion is discouraged."

From the Wikipedia page. You can't really criticize our characters for that when realistically, they'd have no reason to be anything but atheist.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Alright, you quoted my character's page so I'll explain why so many North Korean characters are Atheist.

From the Wikipedia page. You can't really criticize our characters for that when realistically, they'd have no reason to be anything but atheist.
Yeah I noticed, I apologize for quoting you.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I always thought Kim Jong Un was enough of a cunt to disallow people leaving North Korea, considering he's starving everyone there.

May just be misinformed due to The Interview film.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
I always thought Kim Jong Un was enough of a cunt to disallow people leaving North Korea, considering he's starving everyone there.

May just be misinformed due to The Interview film.
They have concentration camps there.
It's proven.
Apparantly, there was a woman there who was pregnant because the guards raped her, she gave birth and the guards took her baby, cooked it, and fed it to their dogs.
Evil shit.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae

Well, it's total war. I'm sure he put forces in South Korea too, considering they share a border.

Status
Not open for further replies.