Staff transparency regarding the potential future server.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there's no requirement to have two servers.

eh

there's no hard requirement, but there's now a very large amount of people here that simply aren't participating in anything but the forums (See most of the WW3RP players)

it'd be best to have another server or else loads of players will basically just be dead weight with nothing to do but ask for another server because they lost theirs

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
yeah but people shouldn't get the false impression that's how it always goes

Fair enough, I guess

eh

there's no hard requirement, but there's now a very large amount of people here that simply aren't participating in anything but the forums (See most of the WW3RP players)

it'd be best to have another server or else loads of players will basically just be dead weight with nothing to do but ask for another server because they lost theirs

idk, having a second server won't suddenly bring back all the WW3RP'ers that aren't playing HL2RP for the same reason they don't play HL2RP; the new server just wouldn't be WW3RP. There's a good chance only half of those WW3RPers will stick around if a new server comes out (stick around for a few months).

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk, having a second server won't suddenly bring back all the WW3RP'ers that aren't playing HL2RP for the same reason they don't play HL2RP; the new server just wouldn't be WW3RP. There's a good chance only half of those WW3RPers will stick around if a new server comes out (stick around for a few months).

a lot of the ww3rp players seem to like cyberpunk/fallout

i think it should be the ex-ww3rp player's initiative to decide what second server they want, considering the hl2rp'ers already have theirs, and if the second server attracts a lot of hl2rp'ers then there was no point in having a second server and the ww3rp'ers will leave regardless

Reactions: List

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

i think it should be the ex-ww3rp player's initiative to decide what second server they want, considering the hl2rp'ers already have theirs, and if the second server attracts a lot of hl2rp'ers then there was no point in having a second server and the ww3rp'ers will leave regardless

no specific group should be entitled to decide what server the whole community gets unless it's management (because they're the ones that have to deal with that shit)

boo hoo, ww3rpers are left without a server after they let their old one die after abandoning it or being inactive as staff

the point of having a second server isn't to enlarge the community numbers, it's to give diversity. that's the point of the second servers, for people to enjoy something with the same group of people different from what they usually do, not so more people play.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Throwing one up won't fix shit though, which a lot of folks don't seem to realize.

Rushing a second server out the door won't do anything if it fails or is poorly managed (which is what killed FTRP).

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
Frankly, I'd say let WW3RP Staff make a sort of recommendation on a new 2nd server (if we even have one) and then see how people like or dislike it.

I mean, it was their server, should have the right to at least have a good amount of say on the replacement.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Throwing one up won't fix shit though, which a lot of folks don't seem to realize. Rushing a second server out the door won't do anything if it fails.

this
you want a good, fleshed out and well developed server that's exciting?
wait at least three months, not one week.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

nah, because most ww3rp players by this point have either moved on from rp with the server's closing or migrated to hl2rp and seem to be doing fine. if you let a basis of people from ww3 choose a new server they'll just choose ww3 again

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
they should only be transparent when whatever they're working on is actually ready to be shown off. announcing something that's not even guaranteed to happen can have disasterous results (read: city one, FORP)

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Frankly, I'd say let WW3RP Staff make a sort of recommendation on a new 2nd server (if we even have one) and then see how people like or dislike it.

I mean, it was their server, should have the right to at least have a good amount of say on the replacement.

other than the fact that 80% of the WW3RP staff team was inactive for months or left and neglected the server the moment a problem arrived, this isn't a good idea.

It's like if blackquill went to SD for WW3RP or if Roosebud went to SD for HL2RP.
They're two different things, one is more action oriented whilst one is more passive.
It's like if a Death Metal and Classical Musician swapped places.

i just want my vampireRP

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
other than the fact that 80% of the WW3RP staff team was inactive for months or left and neglected the server the moment a problem arrived, this isn't a good idea.

It's like if blackquill went to SD for WW3RP or if Roosebud went to SD for HL2RP.
They're two different things, one is more action oriented whilst one is more passive.
It's like if a Death Metal and Classical Musician swapped places.

i just want my vampireRP

It's still basically their server that closed down, if they want to voice an opinion on what should replace it, I think they should

I'm not saying they make final choice all's good were-doing-that, but rather they come up with some ideas on a respectful successor.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's still basically their server that closed down, if they want to voice an opinion on what should replace it, I think they should

I'm not saying they make final choice all's good were-doing-that, but rather they come up with some ideas on a respectful successor.
Players shouldn't dictate what comes next

History shows that the community doesn't know what it wants

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

why do you speak as if people own the server
if you want to be technical, it was head staff's (mostly @Roosebud's) server that shut down
it was the communities server mainly, not 12 peoples

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

it's good to get player input on what they want to see on the server and what they want, but you really have to vet all the opinions and make it really pick and choose, otherwise something will go through only to be a desired change back again in only a few months/weeks

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

"M9K!!!"
"M9K IS BAD LET'S GO FA:S"
"FA:S IS BADDD!!! LET'S GO M9K AGAIN!"
"M9K IS BAD WTF SD'S LET'S GO FA:S AGAIN!!!"

it's also more or less community doesn't know what's best (with outlands as example)

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it's good to get player input on what they want to see on the server and what they want, but you really have to vet all the opinions and make it really pick and choose, otherwise something will go through only to be a desired change back again in only a few months/weeks
Literally 99% of suggestion forum threads

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
how about a server where we slowly detox people from roleplay and make it so they stop and do something with their life before its too late

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm sure I posted this in one of those WW3RP successor threads

My personal opinion (as in, doesn't necessarily reflect the opinion of the ''head staff''): Don't go for a second server but instead build upon the event server with event storylines and one-time events suggested and produced by players, not necessarily related to HL2RP.

The potential for all sorts of concepts, environments, characters and gameplay is there without investing everything on a single concept for a main server.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm sure I posted this in one of those WW3RP successor threads

My personal opinion (as in, doesn't necessarily reflect the opinion of the ''head staff''): Don't go for a second server but instead build upon the event server with event storylines and one-time events suggested and produced by players, not necessarily related to HL2RP.

The potential for all sorts of concepts, environments, characters and gameplay is there without investing everything on a single concept for a main server.

if the second server was just for one-time events in different worlds with different concepts i'd be happy af