Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae

teaser just came up, and a special someone may have returned from the original trilogy

D

Deleted member 19

if they bring back emperor palps that's amazing

i'd kill for a hayden christensen scene tho

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
Star Wars has always been pretty visually interesting, and since it's sort of a phenomenon I've been a part of since I was a little kid, I'm probably gonna watch this in theatre. Last Jedi was weak as hell and irritated me in theatre (I remember like twenty minutes in I turned to my brother to ask why is this movie kinda shit so far), but I'm hoping maybe some of those issues can be laid at the director's feet, since he also did the screenplay.

They're still banking hard on this thing where they reincorporate original trilogy stuff for hype; they did the same thing in Force Awakens and Last Jedi, but it's pretty big time in this trailer with Lando, C3P0, and Palp at the end. It feels a little lazy... But I'm not casting stones yet. I'll wait to see if they use it for something better than a marketing ploy to sucker in the old fans.

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
virgin kylo versus chad literally-any-other-sith-but-kylo-ren-he-isn't-good-whatsoever-please-retcon-him-out-of-existence-please
kylo could have been amazing if he truly brought balance to the force by destroying the jedi and sith ideas, but we never got that sadly, as well as rey not being a very good protagonist imo

i think there either gonna bring palp back as a clone (EU gang), sith power ghost thing who has been the one training and commanding kylo this entire time, or another thing for kylo to collect like vader's helmet that will give him powers
also either kylo or rey is gonna be the skywalker and I hope its kylo who brings proper balance to the force

ButtonLip

Nebulae
I wonder how Palp is back, he had some weird shit in the comics.

I'm figuring on it being some force ghost / sith ghost thing. IIRC, sith can't have force ghosts the way the Jedi can because they're so corrupted or something, but as someone pointed out to me, they can sort of 'haunt' a specific place, like they do in the Sith Temple in KOTOR. That last scene is them looking at the remnants of the last death star where palp died, so I figure he's bound to there or something.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
for real though
i don't even think im gonna go to the cinema to watch this, and I don't think this film is going to rake in nearly as much cash as the TLJ and FA unless they really pull out the nostalgia cash grabs in full force

force awakens was completely forgettable and I can't remember anything about it other than them killing han solo in the worst way possible
the last jedi was mostly forgettable other than the retarded leia shit

snoke was absolutely pointless
kylo ren is by far the worse sith in the franchise, both in backstory, actor and just the way he is really - maybe this could of been changed with a different actor, but I don't really feel like his motivations are all that solid and he screams angsty teen
rey is boring and daisy ridley isn't all that good of an actor

the only thing these films have going for them for me personally is backgrounds and settings and stuff
at least rogue one and solo were decent enough to make up the main series films being fucking awful, even though solo wasn't spectacular

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
for real though
i don't even think im gonna go to the cinema to watch this, and I don't think this film is going to rake in nearly as much cash as the TLJ and FA unless they really pull out the nostalgia cash grabs in full force

force awakens was completely forgettable and I can't remember anything about it other than them killing han solo in the worst way possible
the last jedi was mostly forgettable other than the retarded leia shit

snoke was absolutely pointless
kylo ren is by far the worse sith in the franchise, both in backstory, actor and just the way he is really - maybe this could of been changed with a different actor, but I don't really feel like his motivations are all that solid and he screams angsty teen
rey is boring and daisy ridley isn't all that good of an actor

the only thing these films have going for them for me personally is backgrounds and settings and stuff
at least rogue one and solo were decent enough to make up the main series films being fucking awful, even though solo wasn't spectacular
the standalones are the best bits. solo and rogue one were good, mandalorian looks to be good and clone wars is coming back

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'll unironically go to see
Palps show up in what remains of the Death Star like the elderly chad he is

ButtonLip

Nebulae
the standalones are the best bits. solo and rogue one were good, mandalorian looks to be good and clone wars is coming back

Rogue One was the best of the recent films. Score, visuals, and plot were all pretty damn good. Some tiny details stand out as not so great, but only stand out to me because the rest of it was so good. I liked seeing the resistance as these gritty underdogs who look like they live in the slums; the new resistance is really stylized in this kinda posh way that I didn't care for as much.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Rogue One was the best of the recent films. Score, visuals, and plot were all pretty damn good. Some tiny details stand out as not so great, but only stand out to me because the rest of it was so good. I liked seeing the resistance as these gritty underdogs who look like they live in the slums; the new resistance is really stylized in this kinda posh way that I didn't care for as much.
solo wasnt a bad movie, i expected it to be and it wasnt. i like star wars the best without jedis