Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Star Wars is always better when it its a little less Space-Opera and more gritty at this point imo.

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
solo wasnt a bad movie, i expected it to be and it wasnt. i like star wars the best without jedis

I actually haven't seen it yet. I resisted it so strongly after Last Jedi; I wasn't fuming over that movie, it was just disappointing and irritating and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I just assumed Solo would be more of that taste. I guess I'll watch it.

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
At least it's not Rian Johnson anymore

Yeah, he bungled that bad. Unfortunately, he's also getting his own trilogy :/
Judgment is a little premature since there's like zero details about his new trilogy. But I don't have any excitement about it myself.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Kylo Ren is gonna do a heel face turn and become Kyle Skywalker and Rey will turn out to be a force child created by Palpatine (similar to what is implied Anakin was) who lives on as a vengeful force spirit trying to have his revenge

screenshot this

Reactions: List

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Palpatine coming back is just a shitty thing to do. Kylo bringing balance to the force would ruin Anakins character arc.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
7f1b020cb10c236976a8862d08096c0e.png

Probably the best shot out of the entire trailer, very stunning visually

It is canon in Star Wars that Palpatine around the time of Phantom Menace was constructing a secret lab on Jakku that no one to this day knows what's inside.
In the EU Palpatine made clones of himself, I think they may try and hearken back to that.
What I think JJ is definitely going to do is try and ride a big nostalgia wave with this movie, as it's already shown what he's doing in the trailer. We'll definitely see Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and maybe even Qui-Gon in force ghost form.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Also during the live stage presentation Ian McDiarmid came on stage and hijacked the mic and said in the Emperor voice "Roll it again"

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
yeah, I know in the comics they did that but it might be a bit of a cop out even more so to those who watched the movies.

Its interesting how they just got rid of Snoke and are using Palp now.

And yea, Sith can only haunt places iirc, they aren't ones with the force unlike the Jedi. Case and point, Darth Bane in the Clone Wars.

Either that or some wacky Sith Alchemy which will probably be weird to explain to an audience without doing it justice.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
yeah, I know in the comics they did that but it might be a bit of a cop out even more so to those who watched the movies.

Its interesting how they just got rid of Snoke and are using Palp now.

And yea, Sith can only haunt places iirc, they aren't ones with the force unlike the Jedi. Case and point, Darth Bane in the Clone Wars.

Either that or some wacky Sith Alchemy which will probably be weird to explain to an audience without doing it justice.
look at darth maul though, that nibba survived being cut in half and falling down a chute. Palpatine is WAY stronger then ep 1 maul, and I could very much see him surviving.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
Oh yeah, I'm not denying that, no. I'm more talking about the casual movie audience and if explaining away the eu stuff can be done justice and in a way people can word it so people understand it.

D

Deleted member 118

Could've sworn I saw a Republic
Venator in the background. Also hyped to see Kylo remaking the mask and Lando ohshitshitshit

I loved TFA and TLJ but I have a feeling this one's going to top it all. Sheev agreesL
[doublepost=1555146979][/doublepost]
Yeah, he bungled that bad. Unfortunately, he's also getting his own trilogy :/
Judgment is a little premature since there's like zero details about his new trilogy. But I don't have any excitement about it myself.
A member on set supposedly leaked that it will be set in the Old Republic era, so that means a lot of Jedi fighting a lot of Sith

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
alright i'm gonna be honest the trailer has me hyped despite the fact the only disney era star wars movie i've seen was rogue one

shame i can't find a place to watch force awakens anywhere

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
Could've sworn I saw a Republic
Venator in the background. Also hyped to see Kylo remaking the mask and Lando ohshitshitshit

I loved TFA and TLJ but I have a feeling this one's going to top it all. Sheev agreesL
[doublepost=1555146979][/doublepost]
A member on set supposedly leaked that it will be set in the Old Republic era, so that means a lot of Jedi fighting a lot of Sith
Please tell me Landos bought out kamino in the background and brought back the clones with venators, id go see that.

Plus that might tie into the upcoming game like battlefront did with TFA - That being the presence of the planet Jakku was shown in the trailers for the Force Awakens, but then 'Battlefront' actually illustrated that it had a lot more impact on the original lore than thought, that being it was the showground for the empire's defeat, orchestrated by Palpatine.

Coming back to my point - there is a lot of reminiscence to the clone wars in that upcoming Respawn star wars game, such as a scene with a venator - perhaps they're looking to fall back to the success of the clone wars TV show, it'd be a way to circumvent that really shit plotpoint that Rian Johnson left us in with TLJ - that being there's only 20 or so resistance members left in the galaxy, bunch of clones could solve that