tempted to give the game a shot but I'll never hit 60fps consistently

is it playable at 30fps?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
tempted to give the game a shot but I'll never hit 60fps consistently

is it playable at 30fps?
its locked at 30 fps on console so i guess its designed for 30 fps
shouldnt be an issue. its not something i personally enjoy but you'd be fine if ur ok with that

Reactions: List

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
steam discussions for this game is a fucking dumpster fire

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
steam discussions for this game is a fucking dumpster fire

The outrage around the pronoun thing is fucking comical; where were the complaints when Baldur's Gate 3's character creation happened LOL

key

Nebulae
so I decided to give it a shot since it was on the game pass and I didn't have to fork out 70 dollars for it. one of the first things I did was visit Sol once I got my ship, went to Earth, and then the moon. After entering into a tower and hearing some botanists complain about "storms", which I thought was curious since I am on the Moon, a terrestrial object with no atmosphere, I thought perhaps he was referring to solar storms at first since those are a real thing and can be genuinely hazardous. However, much to my surprise, upon looking out the window I noticed... Clouds. And when I went outside, I had discovered that it was beginning to rain. On the moon.

I could also now breathe without a helmet.

K0gUAO1.jpg

JAhqGWx.jpg

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
The outrage around the pronoun thing is fucking comical; where were the complaints when Baldur's Gate 3's character creation happened LOL
only complaints that ppl were "forced" to be gay and that being gay is political and "woke"

tbh i'm surprised they haven't had a meltdown over abigail thorn doing voicework for one of the tieflings

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
theres no purpose in walking to places once you have their fast travel unlocked in skyrim

its just a thing for if you want to do it
To be fair in those games there was actually stuff to stumble across, space empty here unless you jump to a specific quest marker.

Nebulae
Get No Man's Sky, with the simple mods: Better Planet Generation, Dud's Terra Firma

and you have a starfield that did not fail, and with world generation capabilities from the year 3000.
literal forests, creeks, caves, and whatnot everywhere. It uncaps all the generation settings into a mad one

96300458359C1672F9D3436CDB76AD1417D6C3F9

also unsurprisingly, there are a few gucci mods that rebalance exploration, forcing on foot combat and exploration.
so wtf is starfield in the year of 2023?

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Get No Man's Sky, with the simple mods: Better Planet Generation, Dud's Terra Firma

and you have a starfield that did not fail, and with world generation capabilities from the year 3000.
literal forests, creeks, caves, and whatnot everywhere. It uncaps all the generation settings into a mad one

96300458359C1672F9D3436CDB76AD1417D6C3F9

also unsurprisingly, there are a few gucci mods that rebalance exploration, forcing on foot combat and exploration.
so wtf is starfield in the year of 2023?
One problem with this suggestion.
Get No Man's Sky

Amazing how even after all these years of support it's still as dull as launch day. Just a wider puddle.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
One problem with this suggestion.

Amazing how even after all these years of support it's still as dull as launch day. Just a wider puddle.
Are you implying that bethesda games aren’t just as wide and shallow as a puddle as well?

Nebulae
Are you implying that bethesda games aren’t just as wide and shallow as a puddle as well?
the starfield game in question
in the subject, a barren planet
6SIA2NS.png

1C86114A6AF3BA720BEB966E94FF4C0269BB0904

how is starfield a 2023 game? i still dont get it + 70$ for it
imagine.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the starfield game in question
in the subject, a barren planet
6SIA2NS.png

1C86114A6AF3BA720BEB966E94FF4C0269BB0904

how is starfield a 2023 game? i still dont get it + 70$ for it
imagine.

Tbh though when No Man's Sky released - and for a good few years after - it wasn't anything close to what it is today in 2023.

In fact it was pretty awful, missing a huge chunk of the promised features (I remember the multiplayer shitstorm very well).

Last edited:
Nebulae
Tbh though when No Man's Sky released - and for a good few years after - it wasn't anything close to what it is today in 2023.

In fact it was pretty awful, missing a huge chunk of the promised features (I remember the multiplayer shitstorm very well).
no mans sky's whole drama was that the game's promised procedural generation was capped, thus the giant creatures u saw in trailers and terrain was smaller.
overtime they redeemed themselves, big time.
but the lie was nothing but a cap they decided to put, not a false hype about features that never existed.

also, they never promised multiplayer, multiplayer came as a surprise.
but the planets were still traversable. the terrain was lavish.
the BIG comeback is that they enriched the game af, with new features every season. still do to this day

starfield teased and rubbed my cock with procedural generation open traversed planets, i got barren LIMITED BY BOX boring 1 fps planet with rtx 4070ti,
infinite loading screens, cannot fly in ship for real unless its a skybox in some space box,
cannot actually control ship within the planet but its a mobile decorated base/space box plane.

i've never seen such a scam like starfield in terms of what they promised. It turned out to be just a sci-fi game in vaccum atmosphere, asking for 70$ for a rather mediocre experience, if we forget the false teases. They legit lied indirectly over n over.
especially for bethesda. can you imagine this was developed ever since skyrim, in secret? it must be a big lie in itself too.
mad, it made me appreciate NMS even more.

Last edited:

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
and yet Starfield is no different than the rest of Bethesda's games
the only difference being space

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Only clocked a few hours so far on it but I've been really struggling with the fucking inventory system man like idk if I'm just becoming more boomer but it feels like dogshit to me, also no map is pretty cancer, need to play more though to see how I really feel.

It does just make me want to replay Mass Effect though

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
and yet Starfield is no different than the rest of Bethesda's games
the only difference being space

Yeah but I think the point is, nobody expected anything else - and the people who did haven't paid attention to Bethesda's past 4-5 releases since 2006.

If you go into this expecting a Bethesda game in space you're not gonna be dissapointed with it, imo.

Nebulae
Yeah but I think the point is, nobody expected anything else - and the people who did haven't paid attention to Bethesda's past 4-5 releases since 2006.

If you go into this expecting a Bethesda game in space you're not gonna be dissapointed with it, imo.
my man, please dont copy steamdiscussions/reddit/forums-talk as if you talk from experience.

if you actually play the game, experience it, spend the 70$ then refund it if u wish,
but experience it, then talk from experience
you'll see that the game is legit demented.

all bethesda games, are exploration encounter + story type of experience.
I play all bethesda titles, no one more than me expected a bethesda title.
This bethesda title that was teased endlessly about being open world exploration, which you can assume to expect it to be open world, that's what i expect from bethesda, dont we all?

the surprise is, there's 0 exploration aspect in this game, especially 2023-wise, ZERO INNOVATION, infact it stepped backwards big time.
not visually, not graphically, not interestingly, and not in the uniqueness of encounters.
i've never seen something as shit as this coming from bethesda after, paying and experiencing it.
F76 had more openworldness + exploration incentive than this