[Suggestion] Clockwork; Deus Ex: Roleplay

Would you be interested in playing a server revolving around DX:RP?

• Total voters

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
I finished the fail, yes. Fucking garbage ending. Wasn't even funny, just bad. Never touching that steaming pile of mobile shit again.
How the fuck did you do it
I only could play until the **** country part (mexico??? i dont remember)

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
HR has some lore that might come in handy especially since the server's intended to be close to HR's beginning

iirc theres some ingame books u can read in the wiki or someth to find out about shit

asmodevs

og black duck man
Nebulae
sounds almost cool but gonna end as hl2rp nazification

bU T WITH METAL HANDS BRO

M E T A L H ANDS O M G
1316964121166.jpg

if you cant take a word of disagreement warwick then you should buy yourself ticket to holland and grow tulips lmao

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sounds almost cool but gonna end as hl2rp nazification

bU T WITH METAL HANDS BRO

M E T A L H ANDS O M G
1316964121166.jpg

if you cant take a word of disagreement warwick then you should buy yourself ticket to holland and grow tulips lmao
I think you need to calm down pal. If you just throw around memes and negativity without being constructive then you're gonna get dumb rates. If you can't take a dumb rating perhaps the train ticket should be reserved in your name.
Soooo, when will work start on this beautiful masterpiece?
It might not; it relies on Upper Management seeing this as having potential.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Rebels are a lore faction in HL2.
Yes, they are. Nice one. There's also a plethora of gangs in DX:HR, and as such, player agency means people should be encouraged to do the same.
I'm not entirely sure what a harvester is,
An individual in the business of augmentation theft and re-sale.
non-donators will make Harvester characters regardless just by doing what harvesters do, if there's no kind of difference mechanically between a harvester and a dude with augs that does what a harvester does.
Clearly you don't know what harvesters do. Harvesting will be restricted to flags, and there will be one dedicated faction to the Harvesters. Not everyone in said faction will have the flags, but it will provide a minor, vital starting point for gangs to kick off of, and against.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My main concern is how you will go about replicating the unique atmosphere of the series

Without it I can't personally see myself enjoying this gamemode as the entire game series was so reliant on it.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
My main concern is how you will go about replicating the unique atmosphere of the series

Without it I can't personally see myself enjoying this gamemode as the entire game series was so reliant on it.
Yeah, true that. You're gonna need a very experienced mapper / artist to make the whole thing feel right.. Deus Ex is Deus Ex. Mashing different addons addons together is just not going to work.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Yeah, true that. You're gonna need a very experienced mapper / artist to make the whole thing feel right.. Deus Ex is Deus Ex. Mashing different addons addons together is just not going to work.
That's not an easy task in the slightest; then again, HL2RP feels very little like the 'gameplay' or 'feel' of HL2.

Focusing on art style, player agency, exploration and other aspects will be a start, but there's only so much you can do. Immersion is down, in part, to the player.

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
That's not an easy task in the slightest; then again, HL2RP feels very little like the 'gameplay' or 'feel' of HL2.

Focusing on art style, player agency, exploration and other aspects will be a start, but there's only so much you can do. Immersion is down, in part, to the player.
If it would be possible, there should be ambient sounds from deus ex playing; ex. Police call sirens were sorta common in Detroit?

And possibly staff (or server itself) could try and actively put in some deus ex OST's, at least imo the OST gives a lot to the games atmosphere as well

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If it would be possible, there should be ambient sounds from deus ex playing; ex. Police call sirens were sorta common in Detroit?
Entirely possible.
And possibly staff (or server itself) could try and actively put in some deus ex OST's, at least imo the OST gives a lot to the games atmosphere as well
That's also easy, and possible.

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
HL2RP feels very little like the 'gameplay' or 'feel' of HL2.
-Gameplay - HL2 is a story-n-physics based linear FPS. Hl2RP is a talking simulator with FPS and RPG elements.
-"Feel" - The original, "vanilla" HL2 atmosphere / lore / art style is quite limited, and, without any kind of custom lore / headcanons everything would've gotten very stale. altho ye i agree willards doesnt fit at all purge the glados humanizations
Deus ex is an RPG. It's universe is ridden with details and small quirks that make it stand out from all the other Cyberpunk universes.

art style
Requires people experienced in porting models over to source or modeling in general. Also dosh.

exploration
Definitely no OOC / mechanics-related exploration. Source is way too limited for that. IC exploration would require admins and most characters in general to act like videogame quest-giving NPCs.

player agency
Expect drama and even more debates / auth bureaucracy.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
-Gameplay - HL2 is a story-n-physics based linear FPS. Hl2RP is a talking simulator with FPS and RPG elements.
-"Feel" - The original, "vanilla" HL2 atmosphere / lore / art style is quite limited, and, without any kind of custom lore / headcanons everything would've gotten very stale. altho ye i agree willards doesnt fit at all purge the glados humanizations
Deus ex is an RPG. It's universe is ridden with details and small quirks that make it stand out from all the other Cyberpunk universes.

Requires people experienced in porting models over to source or modeling in general. Also dosh.

Definitely no OOC / mechanics-related exploration. Source is way too limited for that. IC exploration would require admins and most characters in general to act like videogame quest-giving NPCs.

Expect drama and even more debates / auth bureaucracy.
i mean you can frame my answers here one of two ways
  1. warwick is trying to get us to forget we even asked the question
  2. warwick genuinely doesn't know how to answer the question, especially considering that most of them are complaints of all GMod RPs
either way, yes, you've asked a difficult question, but if other servers can do things like this, then so can we

congratulations for being nitpicky

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
please

call it DX:RP

i refuse to help run or be the face of a project called DE:RP
Too late for you. The Derp meme is real.

Memes aside, I don't want to be too nitpicky. The things I questioned are one of the more important / more prominent things about Deus Ex.
Don't get me wrong, I'd play the fuck out of derp, but I just want to make sure you have everything in mind, my man.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Too late for you. The Derp meme is real.

Memes aside, I don't want to be too nitpicky. The things I questioned are one of the more important / more prominent things about Deus Ex.
Don't get me wrong, I'd play the fuck out of derp, but I just want to make sure you have everything in mind, my man.
and what a lot of people in this thread need to understand is that not everything will be exact

that would be a highly unreasonable request or dream, and rather silly

we're looking into HUDs, visuals, augmentation addons or other such functions to make the game function more like DX, but ultimately, it's GMod. We have our restrictions.