• Discord

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
  • Free communication isn't an issue right now. We already have the server. - It's one less expense and worry
  • Browser support isn't needed. - Push to talk is client only. Besides, a browser client is nice to have.
  • More codecs for TS. - More, but not better.
  • No annoying push notifications on TS. - You can easily disable them
  • The text chat is better on TS for individual channel chat, but better for discord with global. - There are multiple rooms, chatrooms & voice are separate.
  • Soundboards can still be used, and still are on Discord. - It's harder for people to do & The bot is SA only
@Megafreak

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
  • Free communication isn't an issue right now. We already have the server. - It's one less expense and worry
  • Browser support isn't needed. - Push to talk is client only.
  • The text chat is better on TS for individual channel chat, but better for discord with global. - There are multiple rooms, chatrooms & voice are separate.
  • Soundboards can still be used, and still are on Discord. - It's harder for people to do & The bot is SA only
@Megafreak
i mean it really isnt much of a worry and ts is just way better

Elliot

¯\_ º ͜ʖ º _/¯ not the head mod
Nebulae
I haven't actually seen a flaw with Discord, like it sounds clichéd but why fix something that's not broken? And if you just keep saying "it's better" you're not gonna get far...

I understand that it's different but it just seems to be something you want to complain about for the sake of complaining.

Reactions: List

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I haven't actually seen a flaw with Discord, like it sounds clichéd but why fix something that's not broken? And if you just keep saying "it's better" you're not gonna get far...

I understand that it's different but it just seems to be something you want to complain about for the sake of complaining.
it is actually i mean to be honest it aint matter i mean most people who wanna use can just go into the ts if they want i just dont like discord cus its gay

Logan

Proton
Nebulae
it is actually i mean to be honest it aint matter i mean most people who wanna use can just go into the ts if they want i just dont like discord cus its gay
Any arguments why its "gay"?

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
  • Browser support isn't needed. - Push to talk is client only. Besides, a browser client is nice to have.
@Megafreak
No comment on one. Not up to me.

2. Ofc it does that's why I specifically said the browser doesn't have it, which makes that point invalid.

3. The sound quality and compression rates are different, different trade offs for quality and speed.

4. You can.

5. That's the problem. You can't privately talk to people in the same channel anymore because everyone sees it. But you can talk to everyone at once which is a plus.

6. Virtual audio cable.

They both have their ups and downs.

Elliot

¯\_ º ͜ʖ º _/¯ not the head mod
Nebulae
cus its gay
but-why-meme-generator-but-why-e7b637.jpg

^^ Literally my reaction

Logan

Proton
Nebulae
personal shit fam, shit weird also its confusing and full of losers
also i dont have slug tag
and its just confusing and weird and gay
Saying that it's "Gay" without giving any real point isn't gonna do anything.

Like, really.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
Keep in mind, a non profit org does not need to pay for a TS license, I have one myself. You can get one with 512 slots along with 10 virtual servers. I'm fine with using discord even though I do not like it, the permission system is what bugs me.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the channel chats are all weird and fucked up like it's always global, it's laggy and just weird, people, will just use private TeamSpeaks lol

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
I agree that it doesn't feel as 'smooth' as teamspeak, but I doubt it will matter once we're ingame. The connection feels slightly more strained too.

Status
Not open for further replies.