Suggestion: Industrial Revolution Roleplay.

• Thread starter Deleted member 243
  • Start date

Do you want this?

• Yes

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Fuck no

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Maybe, if it replaces WW3RP.

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 243

INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION ROLEPLAY

h15429105434.jpg

1750, The United Kingdom. The first signs of industrialization have occured. Small guilds have formed into larger scaled factories. Cities emerged from the ground, and coal was being burnt up for a far more efficient way of producing things. It all seems nice and dandy, but what I have in mind is the other side of the era.

The streets of England are littered with mass-scaled poverty. Children, which will be left out of the game, were being used in factories because of their size. Adults did their bests to scramble together some money. Women became whores, got into a sewingmill or were just maids. Men got into backbreaking factories, coalmines and looting through the sewers and mud for some valuable materials, or by luck some coin.

This was ordinary, life was hard and unforgiving. Money was hard to make, so many turned to the life of crime. Gangs rose up on a massive scale, and the police was playing a larger role. Of course, there was a lot of violence throughout this time period. The life expectancy wasn’t very high for children and adults a like. What I am suggesting, is a server running on this schema. It’s perfect, and I will list why.

1. The server would be a mixture of HL2, Frundtech and a game called Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Of course, we won’t be calling it a roleplaying server based around ACS, it has some aspects from that game which would make the server more exciting. (No, not hooded assassins.)
2. Like HL2, making a character opens a door to many oppertunities. Work in a coalmine or a factory, or get into crime. Become a corrupt policeman or a lawful one.
3. The era is very interesting to me, and probably the majority of the community who originate from the UK. Roleplaying history is great. Stepping in the boots of someone you fortunately never became, is a great scenario.

Factions.

Civilians.
Civilians are basically the majority of the server. They either work in some coalmine or scavange for materials in filthy areas. Women and men a like. There are many ways of playing this character. Start a shop, become a thug or try your luck and get into the police force. The possibilities are countless.

Criminals.
Instead of thugs, these people are more serious when it comes to their faction. They run a part of town, and have wars with rival gangs. They earn money in a questionable manner. You could be anything. Pressure shopkeepers, perform stick-ups or be a terrorist group like the IRA. You can do whatever there is when it comes to being evil.

The Police Force.
The police force consists of good and bad apples. You don’t earn much for a job that could get you killed. Why not take bribes? Of course, the good cops and bad cops wouldn’t be getting along too well. Be good and risk having your life taken by the bad, or vice-versa? You maintain the peace on the streets, basically.

The Highborn.
You were born to a wealthy father, a man who has ties with the goverment. You look down at the peasants, having enough wealth to buy them anyways. There isn’t much to add to this faction, you’re highborn. You get to attend pompous parties, and wed your cousin or something.

The Goverment.
The people who run the city, often highborn. They arrange the laws, and tend to be corrupt sometimes.

The Royal Navy.
The best of the best in the army, you get to guard the goverment or get called in if major unrest is ongoing. See it as the OTA faction, but less powerful and actually having emotions.

The Factoryowners.
Men and women who own a factory, like the CWU-I. They plan out different tasks and pay poorly. They are often slimey people, so don’t get onto their bad side.

The Crafting System.

The crafting system will be more different than the one we have on HL2RP. Instead of getting flags granted with a good backstory, work has to be done to get there. There are still guilds for making clothes and furniture, also weaponsmiths would play a big part.

You get into a guild by paying a sum to your guildmaster, who will then assign you to a workplace. You will work here with a mastercraftsman, and learn the crafts from him or her. If you work here long enough, you can go to the guildmaster and ask for a chance to create a masterpiece. You’ll need to pay money for this, without guarantee that you would succeed.

If you succeed though, you get the flags granted to make what you studied. You get a chance to open your own workshop, and to create items for selling. The factories will provide you with materials. This is one of the more harder ways to earn money, but it earns good and keeps the cops off your back.

Weapons.​

Simply said, weapons during that era were shaping away from flintlocks. There were still flintlocks, but a new kind of weapons was rising. But, for the person that develops this’s sake, it’ll consist of six-shooters, rifles and shotguns. Also, instead of having a katana which we use in HL2RP, we’ll be using arming swords, sabres and knives. Batons and pickaxes were also widely used. Afterall, melee was more common than you might think.

Sorry, I'm lazy

Berke

literally the most irrelevant operator
Nebulae
:ok:

do it

D

Deleted member 243

pretty good for something u thought of when bored but it would be kinda hard to actually make
I know, it's hard to make, but it's merely but a suggestion

THANKS WARWICK, for calling me dumb for sharing something that seemed nice to me during the time of writing it. Which took time and some effort to put together. Thanks a lot, pal. Didn't know I wasn't intelectually incapable because of an idea I had??

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I know, it's hard to make, but it's merely but a suggestion

THANKS WARWICK, for calling me dumb for sharing something that seemed nice to me during the time of writing it. Which took time and some effort to put together. Thanks a lot, pal. Didn't know I wasn't intelectually incapable because of an idea I had??
yeah its a good idea but too similar to hl2rp

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
No need to try and incite flame. I rated it dumb because I've seen similar concepts and they've all ended badly. It'd just going to end up as CityRP but set hundreds of years ago, with poor melee weapon combat and weapons that take 30 seconds to reload (if you went with a realistic concept). The industrial revolution was not a fun time, and the majority of players would have to live in poverty, spending countless hours working in a factory earning very little if, once again, you took a realistic perspective.

I didn't kick off about the people who rated my DX:RP concept dumb, and that took me three days to write.

Also, at least tag me next time please.

Reactions: List

hello

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae
not to be mean but this would fail because there is barely any era-specific weapons or content on the workshop, and definitely no semblance of a balanced melee system if the server relies more on melee then weapons. i dont this would work at all also because nobody grew up in that time period and it would be a cesspool of uneducated idiots falsely portraying the people and gestures that were common in that time.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
I'll start the proletariat revolution and carry around as many communist manifestos as I can
the worker shall no longer be oppressed

hello

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae
business idea: no

but whats not business savy about having to spend hundreds of hours and dollars on custom models, bodygroups, schema, map editting, creating a from-scratch and balanced melee system, and then trying to employ a staff team that has the mental sanity to deal with 14-yr old doing /me 'mlord'

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
its a rating chill bro

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
child labor was the best invention tbh
teach kids how to suffer earlier in life instead of later