Suicide Squad

Gmyza

Neutrino
Nebulae
In the same sense that Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman were okay?

I think some people's standards are too high for DC, they're still actively pumping out comics and compared to Marvel, none of their films are really that good.

Marvel's focusing on films for good reason. I haven't seen a good Marvel comic in a while, but most DC comics are great.
I didn't say it was a bad movie, but I am just saying that in my opinion it could have been better.

Reactions: List

Englishh

the reason abortion should be fully legalised
Nebulae
overhyped bullshit

wait didnt i say this in no mans sky
but the trailer had bohemian rhapsody in it, so i dont care.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
In the same sense that Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman were okay?

I think some people's standards are too high for DC, they're still actively pumping out comics and compared to Marvel, none of their films are really that good.

Marvel's focusing on films for good reason. I haven't seen a good Marvel comic in a while, but most DC comics are great.
DC can do good films. It's just the fact that Marvel is pulling it off way better.

They did individual films for all of the main characters in the avengers (Hulk, Thor, Iron man, Cap) then used the Avengers to bring them all together - they were already established in the film universe so they didn't have to waste movie time establishing them in the first place. Meanwhile DC tries to do the same thing in one film (Batman v superman) trying to establish the entire justice league + batman in one film is a recipe for failure.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I didn't say it was a bad movie, but I am just saying that in my opinion it could have been better.

Like all DC films recently. Most of them are just mediocre.

I think it's because DC is honestly shit with trailers. They spoiled the fucking ending to BvS and the SS trailer Overhyped it to shit.

Gmyza

Neutrino
Nebulae
Like all DC films recently. Most of them are just mediocre.

I think it's because DC is honestly shit with trailers. They spoiled the fucking ending to BvS and the SS trailer Overhyped it to shit.
They just kind of put the best moments into the trailers, so whenever you actually go watch the movie, it turns out it was just a few minutes of the stuff you saw from the trailers.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
DC can do good films. It's just the fact that Marvel is pulling it off way better.

They did individual films for all of the main characters in the avengers (Hulk, Thor, Iron man, Cap) then used the Avengers to bring them all together - they were already established in the film universe so they didn't have to waste movie time establishing them in the first place. Meanwhile DC tries to do the same thing in one film (Batman v superman) trying to establish the entire justice league + batman in one film is a recipe for failure.

Yes.

But then there was this.

BatmanRobin.0.jpg

Arnie was the only thing making this film bearable.

They just kind of put the best moments into the trailers, so whenever you actually go watch the movie, it turns out it was just a few minutes of the stuff you saw from the trailers.

And 7 minutes of the Joker, and a Batman cameo.

Since there's so many unintroduced characters in the new Justice League film, it's 90% gonna be another failure.

Unless Aquaman is fucking great.

Last edited:

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Why the fuck did they make the villain so boring and shit.

She literally said "You don't have the balls" at the end, when she's supposed to be some old devil god or some shit? retarded.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

She literally said "You don't have the balls" at the end, when she's supposed to be some old devil god or some shit? retarded.

Who was the villain?

From the trailers, I ended up thinking it was a rip-off of Venom.

Gmyza

Neutrino
Nebulae

Yeah, if I was 10 000 years old, I probably wouldn't be saying that kind of stuff, especially if I was a weird witch.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah, if I was 10 000 years old, I probably wouldn't be saying that kind of stuff, especially if I was a weird witch.

Oh was it that chick in the Trailer that absolutely no one cared about?

27c1ce0d7cf82f8653949b8444fcdb8a.jpg

This one?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

What a stupid Villain.

Coulda been something more interesting and well known.

Literally anyone. Fuckin Clay Face would've been a better idea.

Jojo Manning

Proton
Nebulae
truth is, it sucked. nolans universe was good because the movies were very gritty and realistic, and they didnt crack shit jokes every chance they had, and they didnt play panic at the disco, or avril lavigne. they were serious about everything, which made it so much better, because it all built up to one big epic fight at the end. suicide squad had that chance to be an awesome movie, instead they made cringe history instead of film history. my expectations of this weren't too high, but i didn't expect it to be THIS bad. we're looking from a perspective of villains here, and they had a chance to show how disturbing these people can be, by killing people instead of knocking them unconcious, robbing banks and shit, and it would of actually built up a reason why we root for the superheroes, so in the next movie, if any of these villains came back we could go "fuck yeah go batman!" but instead it was just one big flop. also, onto joker, he was too attached to harley quinn which shouldn't happen imo, cus not only did it ruin his character due to how attached he was, in the comics he beat her and shit, was nothing like this. in the nolan movies, the joker was actually a villain. he even came close to killing entire families i believe. only problem was, i felt more of a reason to root for joker then batman, because joker was more likable imo, especially after seeing the first bank scene. if suicide squad was actually good, i'd probably feel more inclined to say "go batman!" in the next movie, but they're all just unlikable characters all around.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
truth is, it sucked. nolans universe was good because the movies were very gritty and realistic, and they didnt crack shit jokes every chance they had, and they didnt play panic at the disco, or avril lavigne. they were serious about everything, which made it so much better, because it all built up to one big epic fight at the end. suicide squad had that chance to be an awesome movie, instead they made cringe history instead of film history. my expectations of this weren't too high, but i didn't expect it to be THIS bad. we're looking from a perspective of villains here, and they had a chance to show how disturbing these people can be, by killing people instead of knocking them unconcious, robbing banks and shit, and it would of actually built up a reason why we root for the superheroes, so in the next movie, if any of these villains came back we could go "fuck yeah go batman!" but instead it was just one big flop. also, onto joker, he was too attached to harley quinn which shouldn't happen imo, cus not only did it ruin his character due to how attached he was, in the comics he beat her and shit, was nothing like this. in the nolan movies, the joker was actually a villain. he even came close to killing entire families i believe. only problem was, i felt more of a reason to root for joker then batman, because joker was more likable imo, especially after seeing the first bank scene. if suicide squad was actually good, i'd probably feel more inclined to say "go batman!" in the next movie, but they're all just unlikable characters all around.

Joker's almost killed Harley a good 3 or more times.

If the film went into their psychology and got deep and dark, the trailers would've been a lot different.

The thing is, the Suicide Squad comics were never really that serious in the first place.