Tar's Photos

Tarannus

Some of the time takes pictures
Nebulae
I haven't been out and about as much recently, on account of trawling for job interviews. Nonetheless, my nephew has been exercising my ability to both capture people (which I consider one of the weaker parts of my photo repertoire) and candids. Oh if only I had the near limitless energy that a three year old can tap...

M0btHPW.jpg

7rYbO5C.jpg

dvNdKad.jpg

0yHuvjz.jpg

vmYDm8N.jpg

6Z6zLYe.jpg

gUtnQ43.jpg

9Omhsjh.jpg

9SndNjb.jpg

OwmY4Cu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Tarannus

Nebulae
Well, I'm trying Instagram for the first time today. Initial impressions?

It's an absolute pain in the ass.

I don't mind using cell phones, I don't even mind taking pictures with them. But, I do all my editing on a desktop. I don't like the way that cell phones have a "Father knows best" attitude when it comes to doing fine adjustments. Since Instagram absolutely and steadfastly hates desktop computers, the process isn't all that intuitive.

I edit my photos and upload to dropbox on my desktop, then I have go to my phone, fiddle with the settings, and - after all that - then I can export my pics. Since I've got a back catalog of about 1,100, this is going to take a long time. It'll work, but it's not as easy as: make pic, upload to imgur, post.

Tarannus

Nebulae
Dang, it's been almost three weeks since I last took the camera out for a little romp. I've been experimenting with Instagram with varying amounts of success. I guess it's because I'm fairly old-fashioned and like using my DSLR more than my cell phone.

I haven't been out and about recently, on account of my new job working as a supervisor for a local Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center, so the lens was turned a bit more inward with this batch.

ul98wvc.jpg

6LscMaE.jpg

nI5baiz.jpg

KRNYN3e.jpg

HAGrQS8.jpg

cHPL846.jpg

mkq3Zsj.jpg

8wzckc3.jpg

pDKLd9L.jpg

xOp6z66.jpg

UIvMbh0.jpg

vqEIE11.jpg

yUZqq8t.jpg

QQlVBUw.jpg

Tarannus

Nebulae
Well damn! It's been three weeks since I posted anything to this thread.

Unfortunately it's been a little hard to bring out the big camera due to work, but I did get a new cell phone. I'm still getting the hang of the thing, but I thought I'd post a couple of pics that I've had the chance to process from it.

o5rrspw.jpg

Y24O6Dl.jpg

iDQou1D.jpg

62O2FEl.jpg

V3S47Ye.jpg

TZyfdBq.jpg

9hKVMNM.jpg

I write most of my character biography updates in long hand. For reference, the text referenced in this stenography pad are the first two paragraphs to Slow Storm.

3XzAHOO.jpg

qT5gMbH.jpg

63devjt.jpg

TUydwiH.jpg

7s0LiGe.jpg

k7u9euX.jpg

NPG9uaC.jpg

Last edited:

Chris .P. Bacon

Proud Redcoat
Nebulae
Well damn! It's been three weeks since I posted anything to this thread.

Unfortunately it's been a little hard to bring out the big camera due to work, but I did get a new cell phone. I'm still getting the hang of the thing, but I thought I'd post a couple of pics that I've had the chance to process from it.

o5rrspw.jpg

Y24O6Dl.jpg

iDQou1D.jpg

62O2FEl.jpg

V3S47Ye.jpg

TZyfdBq.jpg

9hKVMNM.jpg

I write most of my character biography updates in long hand. For reference, the text referenced in this stenography pad are the first two paragraphs to Slow Storm.

3XzAHOO.jpg

qT5gMbH.jpg

63devjt.jpg

TUydwiH.jpg

7s0LiGe.jpg

k7u9euX.jpg

NPG9uaC.jpg

Nice pictures. I like your dog

Tarannus

Nebulae
After realizing just how long it's been since I brought out the big camera, and how long it's been since I actually did some semi-staged macro shots, I took about an hour with a lightbox last night and did a little experimentation with a small box of ammunition.

I also had some lingering photos that I didn't process earlier, because I don't like editing small batches if I can help it.

Didn't turn out too bad, all things considered.

O8W0oy5.jpg

SWAbxmi.jpg

1raFY4U.jpg

BOOj1FL.jpg

QFPF6FH.jpg

adjBQfD.jpg

9u2jOwS.jpg

Ysrfh6w.jpg

3BFA4sy.jpg

gRJbX3A.jpg

oUUKOHY.jpg

Last edited:
Nebulae
After realizing just how long it's been since I brought out the big camera, and how long it's been since I actually did some semi-staged macro shots, I took about an hour with a lightbox last night and did a little experimentation with a small box of ammunition.

I also had some lingering photos that I didn't process earlier, because I don't like editing small batches if I can help it.

O8W0oy5.jpg

K6tsrHC.jpg

1raFY4U.jpg

BOOj1FL.jpg

QFPF6FH.jpg

adjBQfD.jpg

9u2jOwS.jpg

Ysrfh6w.jpg

3BFA4sy.jpg

gRJbX3A.jpg

oUUKOHY.jpg
the bullet ones look fucking sick. i'm no photograph afficionado, but they look professionally taken

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
aficionado

ftfy

O8W0oy5.jpg

K6tsrHC.jpg

1raFY4U.jpg

BOOj1FL.jpg

QFPF6FH.jpg

adjBQfD.jpg

9u2jOwS.jpg

Ysrfh6w.jpg

3BFA4sy.jpg

gRJbX3A.jpg

oUUKOHY.jpg

Your work, IC and OOC, is simply outstanding, awesome. Improving over time, you just can't stop surprising me. Keep up the good work, this is golden.

Tarannus

Nebulae
I live in Los Alamos. The birthplace of the bomb. One of the many secretive front lines of the Cold War.
Despite the efforts of county government to, sometimes, push that legacy to the side - most residents are pretty open about the past.
Hell, most of the street names in the lab are named either after tests or test areas.

So, what's the most popular band in Los Alamos - one that draws between 3,000 to 5,000 people every year (out of a town of 18,000)?
A Russian surf rock group called the Red Elvises, of course!

oZVOwB7.jpg

bN5NlNB.jpg

fJLLMtI.jpg

NCNdUFo.jpg

thuNWfw.jpg

ZJzdU12.jpg

iXvd3Bu.jpg

0VG0vvn.jpg

AoaHP0l.jpg

MQJKqsr.jpg

g9ZAmrg.jpg

sshRLbt.jpg

qojXIhp.jpg

7idlmbb.jpg

GSH2w84.jpg

VwUvpBN.jpg

utKbyyE.jpg

xlAfUQI.jpg

6c1Oj9J.jpg

KNPfsaC.jpg

Last edited:

Tarannus

Nebulae
Well, since it's the first of the month, I thought it would be sensible to clear off and process all the data from all of my cameras. Unfortunately, I forgot to clean off my smartphone yesterday. It's not much, but enjoy a mini-update of cats in various states of grumpiness with me (along with some longhand RP work I've been whipping up).

UO0ImuO.jpg

IH8757V.jpg

X8wek8Y.jpg

n8TpJS8.jpg

PMnppT4.jpg

Tarannus

Nebulae
Apologies if this post isn't really up to snuff. Being in this kind of funk makes it difficult to do damn near anything, although I'm at least cognizant that I'm not in the rightest of minds.

In lieu of a more detailed description: I had been visiting people at the White Rock Visitor Center on Monday, the southwestern United States are usually impacted by monsoon activity - which brings some pretty spectacular miniature thunderstorm cells, and I happened to have my camera at the time.

mgqLUow.jpg

WehmGN7.jpg

fwn5LKh.jpg

UBXAw7t.jpg

6e8LLfE.jpg

7whtPGX.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I just discovered this topic today, and I have to say.... YOU HAVE TALENT! Beautiful work, well done my good fellow, really enjoyed going through!

Vintage%20Radio%20Bob.jpg
I love the raven pics personally, my favorite ones

The atmospheric ones are really good though, a lot of talent on display