Team Fortress 2 or Overwatch?

Overwatch or TF2?

• Total voters

Praise

Hot wet beef
Nebulae
The older TF2 times were way better.
Meet Your Match, where you have to wait 10-15 minutes to get into a match.
Well obviously tf2 was better when it was newer wat do you expect from a seven year old game and the length of finding a game from the update was fixed w

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Well obviously tf2 was better when it was newer wat do you expect from a seven year old game and the length of finding a game from the update was fixed w
87197a.jpg

LzXbhYT.jpg

Silly Pillow

Electron
Nebulae
what about the weapons?
they feel so fucking weird

like it used to be pretty cool with bullets and stuff
and then they brought in lasers and space shit and stuff
liked it at first then realized how fucking dumb it felt to me

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Both games are their cores are well designed and fun to play, and obviously have some differences between them due to their developers. Blizzard games have a certain style about them, as do Valve games.

Also, the inherit problems with TF2 stems from the whole item fiasco, struggles to fully balance the game due to all of the weapons for classes etc, and while Overwatch has more characters, there are less weapons to balance since all heroes are limited to mainly one weapon, with some exceptions.

Overwatch's main flaw is the lack of substance - it has a lack of gamemodes, maps etc; which can make the actual gameplay get stale somewhat, which doesn't mean it's badly designed, its just not being utilized to its full potential.

I enjoy both, but I've been playing Overwatch a decent amount, and I will say I'd like it a lot more if there was more content like gamemodes and maps. Personally, I'd like to see more maps more than anything.

Silly Pillow

Electron
Nebulae
Both games are their cores are well designed and fun to play, and obviously have some differences between them due to their developers. Blizzard games have a certain style about them, as do Valve games.

Also, the inherit problems with TF2 stems from the whole item fiasco, struggles to fully balance the game due to all of the weapons for classes etc, and while Overwatch has more characters, there are less weapons to balance since all heroes are limited to mainly one weapon, with some exceptions.

Overwatch's main flaw is the lack of substance - it has a lack of gamemodes, maps etc; which can make the actual gameplay get stale somewhat, which doesn't mean it's badly designed, its just not being utilized to its full potential.

I enjoy both, but I've been playing Overwatch a decent amount, and I will say I'd like it a lot more if there was more content like gamemodes and maps. Personally, I'd like to see more maps more than anything.
there will probably be more maps later on and they do have that weekly gamemode thing

other than that I agree sirs

FatBallerina

Neutrino
Nebulae
TF2 is and was the original and best game...
I have had many fun hours in it, spanning from Surf all the way to some shit roleplay I don't even know.
Overwatch is new, although it costs some money it isn't a P2W game like TF2, i.e stronger guns, uncrating etc.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
P2W game like TF2, i.e stronger guns, uncrating etc.

You what?

TF2 is one of the few games that isn't P2W.

Every gun can be gained by just playing the game.

If you actually buy a gun with real money, you're losing. Because you just wasted literally all of that money on a gun worth less than scrap.

FatBallerina

Neutrino
Nebulae
You what?

TF2 is one of the few games that isn't P2W.

Every gun can be gained by just playing the game.

If you actually buy a gun with real money, you're losing. Because you just wasted literally all of that money on a gun worth less than scrap.
Yeah, try playing hundreds upon hundreds of hours till' you get drops like crates, unused or old guns that you don't even like/want...
I mean like, you have to literally play for like half of your day till you get normal drops without afk'ing and etc. at least for me...
Although trading is an option...

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah, try playing hundreds upon hundreds of hours till' you get drops like crates, unused or old guns that you don't even like/want...
I mean like, you have to literally play for like half of your day till you get normal drops without afk'ing and etc. at least for me...
Although trading is an option...

I have almost every gun in the game.

Trading is dead now, though.

You need a phone to trade, or you have to wait 15 fucking days for the trade to go through.

FatBallerina

Neutrino
Nebulae
I have almost every gun in the game.

Trading is dead now, though.

You need a phone to trade, or you have to wait 15 fucking days for the trade to go through.
Pretty much so, but it's a week I think? They should add more weapons if they want it to be played, the community is dying...

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pretty much so, but it's a week I think? They should add more weapons if they want it to be played, the community is dying...

More guns means more re-balancing and nerfing, buffing.

FatBallerina

Neutrino
Nebulae
More guns means more re-balancing and nerfing, buffing.
But that work would pay off in a matter of months or even weeks, TF2 would probably get old players interested in it and new ones coming to play/trade... Some players probably have like a 500$ inventory just laying there rusting away that nobody wants...