Thank You At The End Of The Universe| HL2RP²

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Ohey it's that one occasion where I decide to just put moody music into my post, hope you're ready for this unicorn moment.

This iteration has certainly been a bumpy ride. High highs, and low lows, but even in spite of the hiccups of the home stretch, I'm glad we managed to have a spectacular sendoff nonetheless.
There are so many people I could give my thanks to, but I'd always forget to tag half of them no matter how much I tried recalling. Just rest assured that if you've ever interacted with my characters, you've more than likely shaped a year's worth of good times for me.

And, in turn, I hope I've helped all of you make this iteration as unforgettable as possible.
37F96AF47A162093C469D350F4ED9CCEFEE4A357

Kalani Kauhane, my go-to for "laconic and physically imposing characters with debilitating health condition" kind of play. Didn't see as much action at the end because of my second rebel character playing much bigger of a part, but still, he's had a hell of a journey.

'Ropot', my magnum opus, my peak vortigaunt character writing. Though I've played in the greenie faction for as long as this community has existed (and even before wink wink nudge nudge LemonPunch oldheads), he's the one I really felt like I was roleplaying effectively.

Adrian Foster Kim... uh, is my AFK character. I used to have another, but I deleted it at some point (can't remember his name). Anyway, the craziest thing to have happened on this "character" was when @deathwolf decided to change his model to have a business suit. Whew.

'Weaver', my second attempt, albeit to this day I'm not sure I quite succeeded in making him an interesting vort. The most standout things about him were the s2k stuff (including when I pushed into a room with enemies on two different occasions bc nobody else would)

Felix Munteanu, a short-lived swing at injecting my headcanon about Romanian affairs. Didn't get quite far, but still, had fun!

Yasu Satou, my second magnum opus. A self-made Combine technician who finally, finally managed to blossom into someone with a unique skillset after failing to take upwind in a City setting ages ago. Immensely grateful for all the things I could do while playing her.
(Oh and was also sort of called Karasu as nickname sometimes)

'Velocit', the Coast charger (and part-time menace of Zelenogradsk). Always there to bully unarmed travelers, but never having the guts to confront people with guns (except that one time bc he got close enough). Delightful diversion from more dedicated playing.

And of course, there are those that I've deleted since, but I'll be sure to mention them here;

Abraham Franklin, the old-fashioned man in charge of a rundown diner, growing pepper and potatoes in his backyard (even had a pepper spray trap for the back of his establishment). Strangely American dude for an Odessa-based city, but eh, another smalltime idea for fun.

'Neobosit', the scourge of Bucharest, the terror of Prahova valley. Panthereye of mischief and malice alike. Really glad I got to have a dramatic death on this character and darken the mood of rebels before the Season 2 finale. At least they got an egg out of it!

UNION-8, my first foray into Civil Protection. Designed with a specific background that was supposed to play into how he would be, well, played, but his in-server experiences wound up shaping him much more. Contender for most dramatic death of the iteration.

HERO-6, my second swing at Civil Protection. Another character with a specific background (this one based on an ancient character of mine) that did end up factoring into how she was played on the server. Sucks the way she went, but eh, whatever, it's over now I guess.
Sorry if this post isn't as thoughtful as it could be, it is 3AM and the technical hiccups really took a lot out of me at the end.
Aaaand I've completely shagged my sleeping rhythm as a result. Fuck my liiiiiiiiiiiiife

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Heyoo I got some words to say about nebheads as well, mostly those I remember. Thanks to everyone who I didnt mention though!

(Plus things im wrapping up before this ends is below.)

Props to

@Tommy/tomo (Helped me obtain my scanner whitelist and was really encouraging inspite of everything.)

@RedMan (A real cool guy, taught me what simmans was essentially teaching me in terms of how to be a good cop in his own way. Let me ride the APC in 24 with him!!!)

@Pyromaniac (I was totally trusting him with teaching me how OTA was gonna work when I inevitably evolved into it, yet, I never did, and he never stayed on neb enough for it. However he was still an amazing person and one of the first I met, which meant alot for me. A huge inspiration.)

@FreeSpy (A actual gamer, I sucked at talking to him cause i didnt understand much of what he does. I STILL DONT LMAO but its EASIER to talk to him. PLUS i'm getting free drinks with him when im 18 so yipeee)

@WstStranger (My RIVAL, but still my bestie, loved talking to him and seeing his poems and vice-2 related messages. Hope he has fun on netspark or whatever he's doing.)

@Simman102 (A great influence, loved stalking him in the earlier ERA and he was what encouraged me to try and act like a more stoic vice-3 rather than the weird drunkie guy we'd of probably wound up with at the very start in odessa. Yes VICE-3 was initally behaving like a drunk weirdo lmao)

@Alexander The Great - (FIRST person I met ever on nebulous, before my combine whitelist. Essentially as bob providen I was looking around in the map after Aszov, and what happened is that I entered this cave with a dead body and a camp fire, and ALEXANDER just POPPED Up behind me randomly. And since I was super nervous and didnt know how to rp i just talked to him. Since then I just couldnt get enough fo interacting with him as both BOB PROVIDEN and MAXIMUS BIXXON simultaniously. He additionally inspired Bixxons creation!)

@Revanox - (I remember as bixxon I was gonna make him build me stuff, he's a pretty chill guy, wish I spoke to him more..)

@Gyarik (It is law for Gyraik to be here, shut up. I think he was there for me or smth idk :v)

For being great/helpful parts of my roleplay for the majority/whole of the 2023/the first portion of my time on nebulous and this iteration.

And thanks to
@Numbers - A guy I was horrified of making mad because he's the owner and blah blah, but he's actually quite nice when you get to know him, even after prodding him with the same request to make me OTA 101 times. We've had our nice convo's when the servers empty and he's really just been wanting me to improve as a roleplayer overall. Best owner ever!!!!)

@emmet - (A guy who I found annoying for his cat habits, but I know deep down he's just teasing, and he's a really nice guy. Real confidence booster he is. Hope to talk to him more, he's often given me RP advice as well!)

@FreeSpy (already did him.)

@Simman102 (already did him.)

@ovxy - (He was moreso less of the RP side of things, and even if he had his dramas I LOVED how he acted in the RPS. And in a way he essentially was a inspiration to become better at S2K more than S2RP. Which I felt was needed as I was never winning in those confrontations beforehand. Without him I'd of probably never been able to actually kill rebels today!)
@Nathant18 - (Helped me with a situation a couple of days before the finale, wont get into it, he's also a pretty polite staff member. Thanks Nathan!)
@Kiko - (Essentially was what Simmans and freespy were, encouraged my roleplay and was the best Headcop out of the three between ovxy and redman. No offence thoughh, just loved KIko all around though, really a standup guy.)

@boots - When Freespy and Pyromaniac were sorta not there as much, I simply went to boots, and boots was an incredible guy! Loved to help me at any given moment and even though he got skeptical of me for whatever given reason, he was happy to act as my friend and even messed around with me on the server when it was empty.

@WstStranger (already did him.)

@DormNes - He's also here! He's interloperinggggggg
@Vaher or whatever - Helped me make Alice i think, curator of the origin, Best event maker even though I often confuse him with the other oneee.. which i may be doing now.

For the second half of my time in the iteration (AKA october 2023 all the way to 2024 today.)

All of these people played quite an essential role in improving my roleplay and or inspiring me to behave like them, and eve nif some of them arent here anymore, I am in high hopes for the future. And I think after everything, even if I didnt get OTA, this was still the best thing ever to happen to me. So thank you guys! And thank you Nebulous.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THINGS TO WRAP UP BEFORE THE NEXT ITERATION:
Wrapping up VICE-3'S story.
Wrapping up Joy Bonetti's Story.
Wrapping up Alice's story.
Wrapping up my stalkers story. (Yes this is essential.)
Reading all the biographys.

┈┈┈┈

Seee you next timeee!

Last edited:

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

for a long time here I felt like Chrissy I never had an arc I could never make a proper character.

I made Harland Roscha a long time ago, Harland Roscha was a fake name, he's a Chinese Spy called Xu Li, Harland Roscha was a Clockwork Character played by @York who two years ago I got permission from to steal their identity.

Harlands the first time I feel like I played a character, I rose to the heights I LITERALLY dreamed of when I was 13 when I wasn't getting pissraperp'd. I got the AR2. I was the big boss of HL2RP for that little bit just like Alaric or powley- I had that goal I dreamed of. I'm happy to say I had a great fucking time, through all the dead hours, through the eighty four days in a 1x1 cell, I enjoyed it.

Thank you to @Phil from MyPillow for being my brother through all of this. I love you.

Thank you to @TedHatty and @kifer for being my right hand men, and to @antloin my trusty consiglierieieiei, none of you afraid to call me out on my retardation.

thank you to @Numbers for running the ship whilst juggling Uni. Putting up with all my whinging, that goes to all the staff.

thank you to @Tinbe for your stellar characters and motivating me to join the server.

Thank u to @Nathant18 for bringing it back

Thank you to all the staff who held this shit down

Thank you @Anti-tankspy for blocking me on discord so I have less headaches

Thank you @Appetite Ruining Kebab for unblocking me on discord so you can talk about weird Russian books and sound too smart for me

Thank you @Ricsow for being there for it all

Thank you @Gyarik for that video

thank you @Slimaaconroy for being the top champ who took the reigns

thank you @Mads for running that tunnel with me, top 3 memory

thank you @MaXenzie for running that stellar event and letting me do worm antics

thank you @boots each Zulu crate was a blessing

thank you @alex u a bro

thank you @constantdisplay for holding shit down, great rper

thank you @Revanox for ruining the server with the armbands, the little gremlins (ruined the server btw)

thank you @Reggie my Shaolin prince

thank you all I love you I'll see if I can hold it down another go round.

rob

Nebulae
i don't have too many people to name but i'd like to shoutout @Ricsow firstly, if it weren't for you i probably would've missed this iteration, he literally just messaged me on Steam telling me nebulous was still a thing and I decided to check it out lol

shoutout to @Alexander The Great for playing my literal favourite character on the iteration, Alexander Gal

and @Tinbe for playing a plethora of some of the server's best characters, genuinely one of the most creative people on the server - and a great guy outside of it :)

that's all from me, I could go on and on naming half the server but I'd rather keep it short :) if you're upset you weren't mentioned feel free to DM me

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I for one would like to extend a huge thanks to all the people that I ran over through the months

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I'll make a thread or a post on his biography tomorrow, so I won’t touch on Warren's unspoken backstory yet, but I figured I’d do a list of @s like everyone else (I will probably forget about half of the people I interacted with)

@Anthrax_PL @'77 East @fabevil @Lex @Sil @PepicWalrus @rob
The 5th Division OGs, thank you for willingly joining up my goofy little group that unfortunately went nowhere (except Pepic you never played on your character!!!!)

R.I.P Roger Jerkhoff & Karl Warren (the superior Warren)

@contained postal dude @constantdisplay @Slimaaconroy @Laura
The Reclaimer Council, it was a blast and probably my favorite part about this iteration. Setting up a IC group through IC means instead of preparing it all OOCly beforehand really worked out incredibly well.

Had fun co-leading it with Fyodor (Fyodor) and somehow uniting the resistance for once.

Deacon Whitlock was a true OG from the beginning, shoutout to the 300000x injuries he’s received

Kelly too, I wish we still had the airboat

Crow was a very well written character from what I've seen, also big up to Laura for giving us a lot of shit to do on Zelenogradsk even if it didn’t pan out as smoothly as we hoped for

@Oswald for playing my homie L.A, he was a real G
@Verräterpackaging for playing Frankfurt (I should’ve killed him at the start!)
@Raiden for the stuff he did with Division 52, a shame how Cody ended up tbh

@deathwolf for being one of the leaders very early on and sticking till the end
@Phil from MyPillow for playing a interesting character with Zhao, and also the fun interactions we had when he played Grey on my seldom seen photojournalist char Todd Godfrey

@Bounter @DormNes @NiGHT @SmoothAsMilk for refusing to let the server stay dead for multiple months

@Appetite Ruining Kebab and @Numbers for even making this server a thing

@Nathant18 and @PepicWalrus (again) for ending it off with a bang

@alex for still putting up with this shit

@Limeao and @DIGGA NOB for the void schenanigans

@Trains for breaking the car (we will not finish)

@kifer and @TedHatty for the Bastard Carrion aka The Barr

If I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry :(

DormNes

Quark
Nebulae
First of all, huge thanks to @Ricsow for showing me the ropes and helping me at the start. He helped to shape Will, my first big character... And his PK and actions, and what happened after, has kept me up and excited to keep on goin.

With @SmoothAsMilk and @DormNes and @NiGHT my story as Randall was great as well, if bit empty! But I enjoyed it, GTC experience, expansion of Race X, that stuff was nice!

I wanted to thank everyone here! I'm happy I joined this community! I will write char-IC eulogies below... Later >->
YAY

DormNes

Quark
Nebulae
I'll make a thread or a post on his biography tomorrow, so I won’t touch on Warren's unspoken backstory yet, but I figured I’d do a list of @s like everyone else (I will probably forget about half of the people I interacted with)

@Anthrax_PL @'77 East @fabevil @Lex @Sil @PepicWalrus @rob
The 5th Division OGs, thank you for willingly joining up my goofy little group that unfortunately went nowhere (except Pepic you never played on your character!!!!)

R.I.P Roger Jerkhoff & Karl Warren (the superior Warren)

@contained postal dude @constantdisplay @Slimaaconroy @Laura
The Reclaimer Council, it was a blast and probably my favorite part about this iteration. Setting up a IC group through IC means instead of preparing it all OOCly beforehand really worked out incredibly well.

Had fun co-leading it with Fyodor (Fyodor) and somehow uniting the resistance for once.

Deacon Whitlock was a true OG from the beginning, shoutout to the 300000x injuries he’s received

Kelly too, I wish we still had the airboat

Crow was a very well written character from what I've seen, also big up to Laura for giving us a lot of shit to do on Zelenogradsk even if it didn’t pan out as smoothly as we hoped for

@Oswald for playing my homie L.A, he was a real G
@Verräterpackaging for playing Frankfurt (I should’ve killed him at the start!)
@Raiden for the stuff he did with Division 52, a shame how Cody ended up tbh

@deathwolf for being one of the leaders very early on and sticking till the end
@Phil from MyPillow for playing a interesting character with Zhao, and also the fun interactions we had when he played Grey on my seldom seen photojournalist char Todd Godfrey

@Bounter @DormNes @NiGHT @SmoothAsMilk for refusing to let the server stay dead for multiple months

@Appetite Ruining Kebab and @Numbers for even making this server a thing

@Nathant18 and @PepicWalrus (again) for ending it off with a bang

@alex for still putting up with this shit

@Limeao and @DIGGA NOB for the void schenanigans

@Trains for breaking the car (we will not finish)

@kifer and @TedHatty for the Bastard Carrion aka The Barr

If I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry :(
thank mr. ricsow, if only warren was as acknowledging

DormNes

Quark
Nebulae
Heyoo I got some words to say about nebheads as well, mostly those I remember. Thanks to everyone who I didnt mention though!

(Plus things im wrapping up before this ends is below.)

Props to

@Tommy/tomo (Helped me obtain my scanner whitelist and was really encouraging inspite of everything.)

@RedMan (A real cool guy, taught me what simmans was essentially teaching me in terms of how to be a good cop in his own way. Let me ride the APC in 24 with him!!!)

@Pyromaniac (I was totally trusting him with teaching me how OTA was gonna work when I inevitably evolved into it, yet, I never did, and he never stayed on neb enough for it. However he was still an amazing person and one of the first I met, which meant alot for me. A huge inspiration.)

@FreeSpy (A actual gamer, I sucked at talking to him cause i didnt understand much of what he does. I STILL DONT LMAO but its EASIER to talk to him. PLUS i'm getting free drinks with him when im 18 so yipeee)

@WstStranger (My RIVAL, but still my bestie, loved talking to him and seeing his poems and vice-2 related messages. Hope he has fun on netspark or whatever he's doing.)

@Simman102 (A great influence, loved stalking him in the earlier ERA and he was what encouraged me to try and act like a more stoic vice-3 rather than the weird drunkie guy we'd of probably wound up with at the very start in odessa. Yes VICE-3 was initally behaving like a drunk weirdo lmao)

@Alexander The Great - (FIRST person I met ever on nebulous, before my combine whitelist. Essentially as bob providen I was looking around in the map after Aszov, and what happened is that I entered this cave with a dead body and a camp fire, and ALEXANDER just POPPED Up behind me randomly. And since I was super nervous and didnt know how to rp i just talked to him. Since then I just couldnt get enough fo interacting with him as both BOB PROVIDEN and MAXIMUS BIXXON simultaniously. He additionally inspired Bixxons creation!)

@Revanox - (I remember as bixxon I was gonna make him build me stuff, he's a pretty chill guy, wish I spoke to him more..)

@Gyarik (It is law for Gyraik to be here, shut up. I think he was there for me or smth idk :v)

For being great/helpful parts of my roleplay for the majority/whole of the 2023/the first portion of my time on nebulous and this iteration.

And thanks to
@Numbers - A guy I was horrified of making mad because he's the owner and blah blah, but he's actually quite nice when you get to know him, even after prodding him with the same request to make me OTA 101 times. We've had our nice convo's when the servers empty and he's really just been wanting me to improve as a roleplayer overall. Best owner ever!!!!)

@emmet - (A guy who I found annoying for his cat habits, but I know deep down he's just teasing, and he's a really nice guy. Real confidence booster he is. Hope to talk to him more, he's often given me RP advice as well!)

@FreeSpy (already did him.)

@Simman102 (already did him.)

@ovxy - (He was moreso less of the RP side of things, and even if he had his dramas I LOVED how he acted in the RPS. And in a way he essentially was a inspiration to become better at S2K more than S2RP. Which I felt was needed as I was never winning in those confrontations beforehand. Without him I'd of probably never been able to actually kill rebels today!)
@Nathant18 - (Helped me with a situation a couple of days before the finale, wont get into it, he's also a pretty polite staff member. Thanks Nathan!)
@Kiko - (Essentially was what Simmans and freespy were, encouraged my roleplay and was the best Headcop out of the three between ovxy and redman. No offence thoughh, just loved KIko all around though, really a standup guy.)

@boots - When Freespy and Pyromaniac were sorta not there as much, I simply went to boots, and boots was an incredible guy! Loved to help me at any given moment and even though he got skeptical of me for whatever given reason, he was happy to act as my friend and even messed around with me on the server when it was empty.

@WstStranger (already did him.)

@Vaher or whatever - Helped me make Alice i think, curator of the origin, Best event maker even though I often confuse him with the other oneee.. which i may be doing now.

For the second half of my time in the iteration (AKA october 2023 all the way to 2024 today.)

All of these people played quite an essential role in improving my roleplay and or inspiring me to behave like them, and eve nif some of them arent here anymore, I am in high hopes for the future. And I think after everything, even if I didnt get OTA, this was still the best thing ever to happen to me. So thank you guys! And thank you Nebulous.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THINGS TO WRAP UP BEFORE THE NEXT ITERATION:
Wrapping up VICE-3'S story.
Wrapping up Joy Bonetti's Story.
Wrapping up Alice's story.
Wrapping up my stalkers story. (Yes this is essential.)
Reading all the biographys.

┈┈┈┈

Seee you next timeee!

gonna say the same thing i said to rob, no me, no ed, 0/10

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
cliffhanger at the end of C24 is still in my top 3 best rp moments of all time

man this iteration was fuckin cool

goodjob everyone

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
being completely real i was depressed asf and dealing with a bunch of shit last january and getting back into hl2rp rly helped me out for a while so :)

thanks @Alexander The Great for helping me feel my way back into things after accidentally reuniting on that 1st day on rp_apoc, thank u @fabevil for always being grounded and amazing to rp with (heather and val happy ending :D). thank u @Tinbe for always being consistently great and playing multiple cool characters (pls stop overthinking things and stressing out though)

thanks reclaimers gang @Slimaaconroy @Ricsow @Laura @contained postal dude for making coast special and all the cool group shit (just wish the frank plotline didnt get fucked) and everything else. and to the og group @Trains @Erid, listening to random shit on stream radio and bar rp. also @deathwolf for eternal orsted mischief

and thanks to the event runners who never let shit die even when playercount dropped to nothing - or just made shit at 3am or whenever always - @A. Vaher (i drive) @Limeao @Andrew @Toriwarior30055 @Generally Fruity @TheInnkeeper @flowerbroth @Rod @PepicWalrus this iteration would of been nothing without u guys

Last edited: