The announcement; speculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydralisk

Proton
Nebulae
Gurra is already fucking up everything there.
RIP ratings.
For now I guess he is "trying" to maintain LP but he lost his hearing already.
So either he will run a shitty DarkRP server with squeaky mods or just give up.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
@Subeh +1 You can do pretty much anything if you have the support, and I guess he've lost the majority of it. I'm trying my best to stay neutral though.

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
8ZIHKom.png

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
@Subeh +1 You can do pretty much anything if you have the support, and I guess he've lost the majority of it. I'm trying my best to stay neutral though.
I suppose, at heart, I truly am Neutral. I DO dislike Gurrazor for what he did, yes, but hate is a strong word.
Combine that with the fact I don't REALLY know the full situation..

key

Nebulae
I don't support Gurrazor for what he did, and I don't really care for how it was handled - but I don't feel strongly against him. I won't support him, though.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I don't support Gurrazor for what he did, and I don't really care for how it was handled - but I don't feel strongly against him. I won't support him, though.
I have to agree there, yes. Doesn't matter now though, we've got a new community on the rise, focus on that..

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
I have to agree there, yes. Doesn't matter now though, we've got a new community on the rise, focus on that..
Agreed, anyway, so I guess we have come to some possible outcomes,

1. Darkrp, trying to keep the community alive along with cashflow (Nothing wrong here, it /is/ a business after all)
2. Relaunch like we are going to do, starting fresh code-wise
3. eh.. dating site

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Agreed, anyway, so I guess we have come to some possible outcomes,

1. Darkrp, trying to keep the community alive along with cashflow (Nothing wrong here, it /is/ a business after all)
2. Relaunch like we are going to do, starting fresh code-wise
3. eh.. dating site
I'mma go with door number 2 here, I see it as the most likely. Although, I believe with the lack of support, devs, playerbase, etc.. it will crash and burn.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
I think number 2 as well, problem is lack of support I guess, it's vital to have motivated team-members to get anywhere with it though. Be it coders/supporters/staff.

key

Nebulae
Two's gonna be hard because of that fact that without a stable playerbase/staff/development team they won't go anywhere.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
Two's gonna be hard because of that fact that without a stable playerbase/staff/development team they won't go anywhere.
I think any of the above is going to be difficult. I think we have a thing going here for us as well, but we'll need proper dedication and work to make it happen :)

key

Nebulae
I think any of the above is going to be difficult. I think we have a thing going here for us as well, but we'll need proper dedication and work to make it happen :)
We do have a good starting point, yeah. We've got a lot of people interested in staffing for the community and plenty of developers who want to work on the project, so we're pretty much in the clear there. With the support of Grist's custom framework we'll also have a major advantage.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Got plenty of that fam, trust me. But yeah, I really don't think anything Gurrazor is gonna attempt will be very successful, in my opinion.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Yeah I know we got some really awesome people here! :) Going to be an interesting journey.
Ohhh mayn you can't even BEGIN to imagine how excited I am about the future RP this server will hold.
Anyway, unless you don't mind it - This thread is heading off course :D

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
From what I understand it's going into a hibernation for a while whilst he sorts out things regarding development, gamemodes and the forums. He'll likely start it all up again in the future I believe.

key

Nebulae
From what I understand it's going into a hibernation for a while whilst he sorts out things regarding development, gamemodes and the forums. He'll likely start it all up again in the future I believe.
Chances are that won't go over very well. I don't expect very many people to be willing to invest their time and/or money in a community that's hanging by its last thread.

PEGG LEGG

Electron
Nebulae
Looks like it's over with now. Danz just posted he's going to leave himself after the forums are gone, and that the servers wont be coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.