Not open for further replies.

Plankt0n

'dexterous'
Nebulae
+Glowing colored name
+Money
+Diamond Set

what else you want
You're not allowed to take money and give an advantage to other players, no. Unless their stance on that have changed over at MS/Mojang.

Suyu

Proton
Nebulae
You're not allowed to take money and give an advantage to other players, no. Unless their stance on that have changed over at MS/Mojang.
I saw a lot of servers selling VIP and shit, back in time, weird.
Some of them even had flying

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm pretty sure he said on the TS that if Lemonpunch were to shutdown or stop hosting servers and shit, he'll do some new coding base shit, dunno.

Reactions: List

pudsey

Electron
Nebulae
I don't think he'll open a server, just keep the two and try to get them to survive.

Captain Cardgage

Possibly Union Bias
Nebulae
So the big announcement regarding the future for lemonpunch, any speculations on what might happen? I'm bored at work, got nothing better to do than to discuss stuffs.

Is it possible to keep going using the basic available framework on LP? We all know that the scheme is heavily modified, will /it/ even run on it?

He can't resort to the CW: hlrp style since grist was the only one who could edit it, if he tried to he'd get his ass charged more than once So if clockwork updates his servers will become unstable glitchy messes

mmedia

Neutrino
Nebulae
I don't think he'll open a server, just keep the two and try to get them to survive.
From the general tone in the 2 leaked staff chats as well as from DenZ's response (https://www.lemonpunch.net/threads/read.48061/#post-657724) it seems to me that the current servers are done for. Also, the fact he recently moved all threads in News and Announcements to the Archive subforum isn't a good sign.

I'd say either the "restructuring" he mentioned, which probably would lead to more than a month of setting up (either new gamemodes or the same ones with generic scripts) as the community continued to dwindle or simply shutting the whole thing down.

pudsey

Electron
Nebulae
From the general tone in the 2 leaked staff chats as well as from DenZ's response (https://www.lemonpunch.net/threads/read.48061/#post-657724) it seems to me that the current servers are done for. Also, the fact he recently moved all threads in News and Announcements to the Archive subforum isn't a good sign.

I'd say either the "restructuring" he mentioned, which probably would lead to more than a month of setting up (either new gamemodes or the same ones with generic scripts) as the community continued to dwindle or simply shutting the whole thing down.

rated informative.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My speculation:

A) SHUT IT DOWN

or

B) New, semi-serious RP servers in the style of DarkRP with sicc donator benefits so he can earn more $$$

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
d008acb220.png

Called it.

mmedia

Neutrino
Nebulae

Announcements out, freaking called it though didn't expect the answer would be both shutting down and restructuring. Weird he couldn't have posted this yesterday.

Anyways, if we were to go back in time, I would've suggested a simple solution: give 50/40/whatever percentage of the company shares to Alex and start a new company once you want to pursue other projects. Use the existing one to manage Lemonpunch and the new one to pursue other projects. Anyways, guess it's history now.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I was hoping the announcement would be more triggering.
But it was just as bland and full of damage control as I expected. Glad we got out of the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.