The big bad Airsoft and RIF thread.

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
A vast majority of the community engage in the lovely sport of airsoft, either being milsim, speedsoft, or whatever you want your style of play is (Chairsofting isn't a playstyle). I wanted to create a thread so people can show off their gear, what they use, what they wear, and so forth.

I've recently become a part-time technician at my local site, so I've been fixing up some guns as a commission if you've got any questions or need suggestions; I may be of help.

I love airsoft for the social aspect. I marshal at two different sites and carry around a lot of gimmicky guns for fun. But I do own quite a few "competition styled" weapons that are designed to win (yet fair). I loaded a few images from my phone of some guns I'm working on.

I'm currently working on my new M&P9, now have a whole new kit ordered for it, hop-up- barrel, recoil spring and the works.

20190529_212651.jpg

Alongside a SAW I was recently donated.

IMG-20190529-WA0001.jpeg

Oh, and my favourite marshal gun, my 8-inch Dan Wesson.

20190529_212556.jpg

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
I actually tried airsoft for the first time a few weeks back and found it so much more exhilarating than paintball. Having the realistic weapons and teams felt so much more atmospheric than paint everywhere. It's a hobby I could see myself doing if I had the spare time.

Reactions: List

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
looks fun but like, partly expensive and i feel like the soyboy tryhard losers and generally reputation it has isn't worth it

are the bad sportsman like folks often or what

like this asshole who got pissed for some squeaker burning his clan patch

i fucking love the crowds reaction of flipping their heads back and forth

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
looks fun but like, partly expensive and i feel like the soyboy tryhard losers and generally reputation it has isn't worth it

like this asshole who got pissed for some squeaker burning his clan patch

i fucking love the crowds reaction of flipping their heads back and forth

"Dude what the heck"

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
Yea it's pretty fun, though yea you get poor sportsmanship.

Though honestly, I'd say the worst kind of people are either those who freak out over hits, or those who fire despite not being in their MED.

Also /rusfor/ gang

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
paintball is only more fun because it hurts more and you have to get closer to land hits

otherwise milsim west is the dream

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
If the site you go to has a lot of rental players, then yeah, in that case, go in the second half, most of the rentals that cause trouble would've gone home or got kicked out by that point.

Everyone else tends to be regulars so they behave themselves. Mostly.

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
If the site you go to has a lot of rental players, then yeah, in that case, go in the second half, most of the rentals that cause trouble would've gone home or got kicked out by that point.

Everyone else tends to be regulars, so they behave themselves. Mostly.

You'll be surprised, and it's usually the regulars that I find cheat the most. Rentals are generally younger people who are more than willing to take a respawn, and it's the big fat and lazy "experienced" blokes that are just too lazy to take a hit and brush it off.

The whole game runs on sportsmanship, and if no one takes their hits, the game doesn't work. You don't need a splatter of paintball paint on your chest to prove you've been hit.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
You'll be surprised, and it's usually the regulars that I find cheat the most. Rentals are generally younger people who are more than willing to take a respawn, and it's the big fat and lazy "experienced" blokes that are just too lazy to take a hit and brush it off.

The whole game runs on sportsmanship, and if no one takes their hits, the game doesn't work. You don't need a splatter of paintball paint on your chest to prove you've been hit.
Curious, the site I go to has been quite well behaved, never really had much trouble with the regulars there.

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
>he willingly wears mts

I am so sorry

MTP's in a dry-woodland area of the UK is pretty good, and I usually don't wear camo at all.

My usual setup is a "Civilian styled operator" with a plaid shirt, Comfortable jeans with a battle belt while I wear light-weight gear. ( Usually my MP9 with a modded to fuck pistol, depending on the day either my M1911 or old M&P9 with MPHICHU setup alongside a homemade tightbore Barrel that allows me to hop up 4.' BB's with ease.
[doublepost=1559740431][/doublepost]
Curious, the site I go to has been quite well behaved, never really had much trouble with the regulars there.

It's all down to the sites you play at, where I am there is only three that I would consider local, one of them is a family based one that allows under 18's ( I marshal/tech here for a small payment and free lunches.) and it usually has the most cheaters.

Another one is just this soddy CQB place that is really hidden so you always get the regulars there, the only way to find it is by word of mouth.

But then, there is the best place, we've got a site that's based in an abandoned prison, CQB areas and the works, you have to book in at least a month in advance since it's so popular ( Unless you marshal there like me so I don't even have to book, yeet.) and we rarely get cheaters because people are actually having fun.

When a game doesn't feel fun, people start to cheat.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
MTP's in a dry-woodland area of the UK is pretty good, and I usually don't wear camo at all.

My usual setup is a "Civilian styled operator" with a plaid shirt, Comfortable jeans with a battle belt while I wear light-weight gear. ( Usually my MP9 with a modded to fuck pistol, depending on the day either my M1911 or old M&P9 with MPHICHU setup alongside a homemade tightbore Barrel that allows me to hop up 4.' BB's with ease.
[doublepost=1559740431][/doublepost]

It's all down to the sites you play at, where I am there is only three that I would consider local, one of them is a family based one that allows under 18's ( I marshal/tech here for a small payment and free lunches.) and it usually has the most cheaters.

Another one is just this soddy CQB place that is really hidden so you always get the regulars there, the only way to find it is by word of mouth.

But then, there is the best place, we've got a site that's based in an abandoned prison, CQB areas and the works, you have to book in at least a month in advance since it's so popular ( Unless you marshal there like me so I don't even have to book, yeet.) and we rarely get cheaters because people are actually having fun.

When a game doesn't feel fun, people start to cheat.
aight since you're UK based, where and how can you get cheap realistic-looking airsoft guns

is it one of them YoU nEeD a LoIcEnSe FoR tHaT things or

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

ah yes, the boomer set-up

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
aight since you're UK based, where and how can you get cheap realistic-looking airsoft guns

is it one of them YoU nEeD a LoIcEnSe FoR tHaT things or

In the United Kingdom, we have a thing called the "United Kingdom Airsoft Registration Association", if you've shown yourself as an active player within the airsoft community you are able (If over the age of 18) sign up for a registration to said association. This will allow you to have real imitation firearms.

If you're under 18 or don't have such registration, you have to have a two-tone spray job to any gun you own. Similar to USA's orange tip requirement.

hg186-gas-blowback-airsoft-bb-gun-2-tone-black-and-blue-5008-p.jpeg

We have shops that only sell Airsoft related gear, but we usually have to order our stuff online.

[doublepost=1559740848][/doublepost]
ah yes, the boomer set-up

Being a boomer is fun though, except I actually run.

Last edited:

Husky

Nebulae
The only pic I have of me playing airsoft:
Face cropped for obvious reasons, might give a face reveal someday tho :stuck_out_tongue:
image0.jpg

I really enjoyed my first experiance at airsoft, my first patrol I played VC hunting GI's, fired my gun to see if I'd wound it up properly and I had apparently activated my fucking aimbot and hit someone 10m infront of our patrol.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
We can all thank idiots for that one.
what happens when you point replica guns at random untrained people

a) they laugh
b) they lose their shit cos they think it’s real