The big bad Airsoft and RIF thread.

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
I guess it's a pro of it just being airsoft because I'd have my radio and NAV pouch there

My radio goes on my chest / upper breast since it's what I'm used to.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I can still use it?
Idk what kinda radio/AUX-S you're running but when I lay ontop of my AUX-S or radio I either can't transmit or the signal is scuffed

And the systems get really dirty

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
i got a AK47 but there are no actual places to play airsoft at god damn
e: actually, there are a few places about 1-2 hours away from me

Last edited:

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
I'm currently opening up my Airsoft site within a months time mostly because if we don't take somekind of action, we will go under and have to close for good.

I've written a bunch of guidelines, but a TLDR I've got the following covered;

• Non-contact shopfront, players must message us directly through facebook prior to arrival if they would like to purchase equipment, BB's, gas and other consumables.
  • All insurances waivers and UKARA registrations are handled online, meaning no passing of paper between staff and players.You have to register prior to arrival via email or scanning your documents.
  • No walk ons, simple as.
  • No charging station services. (We charge peoples batteries free of charge because we're nice like that, but I don't think we can do this with the current climate)
  • Gun techs. (Even though it's just me and one other person) will not be doing on-site repairs or gun testing during lunch or safe-zone reloads; only when the range is clear.
  • Indoor range is strictly closed, outdoor range is open to a max of six people (It's around a 20x20m space with a 200m downrange) strictly for chrono based testing prior to "deployment"
  • Toilet limitations, two people at a time maximum. Toilets are in an old farm house, so it's quite difficult to really keep a 2m distance.
  • Encouragement of not sharing equipment throughout gameplay.
  • No knife kills or anything that surrounds physical contact.
  • You are required to tie your own armband, marshals will not be administering tape.
  • Hire kit cleaned after every-use, extensively.
  • All staff members will be wearing full PPE no questions asked. (Even if it cramps your style)
  • Creation of social distance awareness signs, providing cleaning services all across the site at each spawnpoint.

Do you guys think I'm missing anything?

What other precautions can we reasonably take?

Reactions: List

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I'm currently opening up my Airsoft site within a months time mostly because if we don't take somekind of action, we will go under and have to close for good.

I've written a bunch of guidelines, but a TLDR I've got the following covered;

• Non-contact shopfront, players must message us directly through facebook prior to arrival if they would like to purchase equipment, BB's, gas and other consumables.
  • All insurances waivers and UKARA registrations are handled online, meaning no passing of paper between staff and players.You have to register prior to arrival via email or scanning your documents.
  • No walk ons, simple as.
  • No charging station services. (We charge peoples batteries free of charge because we're nice like that, but I don't think we can do this with the current climate)
  • Gun techs. (Even though it's just me and one other person) will not be doing on-site repairs or gun testing during lunch or safe-zone reloads; only when the range is clear.
  • Indoor range is strictly closed, outdoor range is open to a max of six people (It's around a 20x20m space with a 200m downrange) strictly for chrono based testing prior to "deployment"
  • Toilet limitations, two people at a time maximum. Toilets are in an old farm house, so it's quite difficult to really keep a 2m distance.
  • Encouragement of not sharing equipment throughout gameplay.
  • No knife kills or anything that surrounds physical contact.
  • You are required to tie your own armband, marshals will not be administering tape.
  • Hire kit cleaned after every-use, extensively.
  • All staff members will be wearing full PPE no questions asked. (Even if it cramps your style)
  • Creation of social distance awareness signs, providing cleaning services all across the site at each spawnpoint.

Do you guys think I'm missing anything?

What other precautions can we reasonably take?
If y'all have a resting area while you're not in games, you might wanna section parts off so folk aren't crowding up next to one another.

Other than that, just have a ton of hand sanitizer around. Everything else seems like it's been covered.

Gl tho

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
honestly just get everyone dressed up like this and you’ll be fine

DD82085-C-F754-49-BC-884-E-E27-CB1-F92-FDF.jpg

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
If y'all have a resting area while you're not in games, you might wanna section parts off so folk aren't crowding up next to one another.

Other than that, just have a ton of hand sanitizer around. Everything else seems like it's been covered.

Gl tho

Our safezone is massive, we've marked benches at least 10m apart, so people can at least perhaps pitch a tent or whatever they usually do.

We've invited people to bring their own BBQ's and so forth, to prevent us having to cater them.

However, respawning to me, feels like a bit of an issue.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Comfort > Looking edgy
I’m used to heat and all but you’ll NEVER catch me wearing a MOPP suit willingly. If I’m going to shoot pellets at children I’m going to want to feel a nice breeze as a run

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I’m used to heat and all but you’ll NEVER catch me wearing a MOPP suit willingly. If I’m going to shoot pellets at children I’m going to want to feel a nice breeze as a run
Have you even ever worn one in 4 Romeo stage?

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Have you even ever worn one in 4 Romeo stage?
I haven’t, and I don’t really wanna find out. I’ve already known what it’s like to be a human fucking microwave on high

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
does anyone have any advice for me
my gun (cyma 028) refuses to shoot more than one bb(i have to take out and put in the mag to shoot again)
e: i might have solved it?
the battery might be low. i charged it a bit and it shoots better. (every 2 shots.)

Last edited:

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
does anyone have any advice for me
my gun (cyma 028) refuses to shoot more than one bb(i have to take out and put in the mag to shoot again)
Maybe something wrong with your GB, never had that issue myself. I’ll look it up and see what I can find for you
[doublepost=1595360087][/doublepost]
Maybe something wrong with your GB, never had that issue myself. I’ll look it up and see what I can find for you
Yeah I checked and I couldn’t find shit. But it’s likely something to do with your GB, maybe someone else can give a bit more help

Reactions: List