The Bunker in The Alps - SEASON 2 OPENING & MAP

Nebulae

1HyhSvr.jpeg

Following the defeat suffered at Geneva, CITADEL-24 became one of Combine’s last remaining bastions for interfacing with the dimensions. The enduring monolith was a colder place to inhabit than the climate surrounding. Here, there were no trees, no humanity, the endlessly skybound floors were not designed for ground troop habitation, each garrison one elevator failure or catwalk collapse away from untimely demise.

Those who endeavored to take the structure on would do so through indirect means. Leftover Swiss bunkers from World War 2 were retrofitted with machinery designed to monitor, disrupt and remotely sabotage the Citadel’s operations, resulting in regular equipment malfunctions and signal disruptions. A ‘scientific siege’ ensued from the West, one which placed the emphasis of victory on the right theoretical equation, rather than outmatched military might.

With various solutions well underway, the Combine organized its resources into a massive counter-offensive aimed at reclaiming the mountains and buying itself time to further its greater schemes. Some of the dropships would be shot down by anti-aircraft on their way to rendezvous, leaving a few garrisons lost in the snow and yet to be accounted for, but all hands remained on deck, lost or found, and were at the ready to make use of their most recent reinforcements.

The cornered beast fought back for its own existence.

l42cgM4.png

8 PM BST, MAY 5

This map will be significantly more passive roleplay oriented than the last few. Expect there to be in-character consequences to frequent & prolonged skirmishes, and a higher emphasis on aspects of basic survival and resource acquisition.

MAP

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Holy shit this idea is awesome....HL2RP in the Alplands? Seems innovative and fresh, nobody has done something like this before so I am hype to see it.
Sorry i didnt know dallas alplands trademarked the planets fucking geography

Did not even consider the name tbh

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
I'm going to kick cops in the balls if they say their suit has 'internal heating'
Good, cause this was NEVER meant to be in this environment less there was cities located in the middle of fuck no where

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm going to kick cops in the balls if they say their suit has 'internal heating'
One of the pieces of flavor text data occasionally floating by the top left (I think?) screen of Combine HUD says smth like "sampling external climate for internal conditioning," so there'll probably be some excuse for temperature-controlled suits being a default thing.