The Current State of Civil Protection: A Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
shit man what happened. I haven't played as a cop since around when union detectives were introduced but I thought all that reform and changes we made back then would've stuck around.
they didn't, sadly.

I absolutely miss those days even though I only experienced like 3 of them because @sots never flagged on.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Excluding some isolated incidents, I had never once touched Voice Chat until City 24 proper because I always hated feeling left out, like some others in the CP feel right now. I saw what some of these Rank Leaders would do and strived to not be like them. To be as inclusive as possible, to make sure people who I'm leading know what we're doing and what their role is.

And I did it all ICly. By talking to them. Because being in an area with a LOT of people yet hardly anyone is talking because they're all sat in a VC is demoralising and isolates people.

As you're able to tell through various videos posted, people in these leadership positions, primarily the Rank Leaders typically sit in their own calls together which isn't inherently bad, but interaction ICly still needs to happen a lot more than it does.

Even if an order has been issued at some point before, if a ground unit asks for a refresher over the radio "There's and unarmed person approaching the Villa, what's our orders?" a simple "Turn them away" or a "Shoot at them" order would have sufficed.
I am sorry to hear you feel that way. It is difficult to issue out commands through the radio whilist dealing with a multitude of other things, especially when in the middle of combat. It takes a lot of effort to keep multi-tasking whilist also keeping things fun for yourself. Voice chat makes issuing commands and communication significantly easier and I will admit that it makes it also incredibly easy to forget that not everyone within the patrol teams is within said voice chat.

I thought we were in #cp-team-01 during the Villa raid, a voice channel which remains available for everyone to join, but I could be wrong. I do not want to say something without being properly certain. The only exception being OTA because they have their own voice channels.

Either way, I guess it would be a matter of paying attention to the chat a bit more.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
I'm tired. That's it. I wrote a few paragraphs, but there's no point. All I can do is add my anecdotal experiences w the RLs which are bad and do nothing. I'm tired of our current leadership and I want change

All i have to say
How about...
IC organized revolution coup against your leaders?
the only time it is worth taking ooc into ic

fix rp with rp :)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
How about...
IC organized revolution coup against your leaders?
the only time it is worth taking ooc into ic

fix rp with rp :)

allow me to introduce myself
131px-Energy_pellet.png

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The only exception being OTA because they have their own voice channels.
Speaking of this, it's a bit much when some RL's are in the locked OTA channel while on their cops.
Even if you want to encourage people to join, what does that do other than gate off any communication?

I've seen a fair few patrols when they weren't even talking bar the absolute bare minimum and it was clear the real communication was in their VOIP channel.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I am sorry to hear you feel that way. It is difficult to issue out commands through the radio whilist dealing with a multitude of other things, especially when in the middle of combat. It takes a lot of effort to keep multi-tasking whilist also keeping things fun for yourself. Voice chat makes issuing commands and communication significantly easier and I will admit that it makes it also incredibly easy to forget that not everyone within the patrol teams is within said voice chat.

I thought we were in #cp-team-01 during the Villa raid, a voice channel which remains available for everyone to join, but I could be wrong. I do not want to say something without being properly certain. The only exception being OTA because they have their own voice channels.

Either way, I guess it would be a matter of paying attention to the chat a bit more.
I understand fully, sometimes I might be in a VC and end up completely sidetracked on something so my typing quality goes down. Some people (like me) prefer to not join a VC on a roleplay server as it can take away from the Roleplay factor when everyone's talking in Voice.

Some of my complaints don't directly come from me, but from other people who have talked to me about some of their frustrations with aspects of the server and the faction that they don't want to publicly, or privately complain about.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
guys lets prank civil protection leadership by all taking off our masks outside of confined areas

they can't stop all of us!

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
we have looped back to maskless cops (despite the SD's wishes for the Combine to be more dehumanised this iteration)

I eagerly await a return to discussions regarding non-UU food
way to ignore the rest of the discussion?

also no maskless cops please jsus fuck

rob

Nebulae
we have looped back to maskless cops (despite the SD's wishes for the Combine to be more dehumanised this iteration)

I eagerly await a return to discussions regarding non-UU food
I just think it would be cool

It hasn't been done before

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
its not even about cops being masked or not (it literally shouldn't matter because anonymity is restored the second the mask comes on)

its about the fact that a guy lost all his rank progress (months of work) because of a fucking pineapple lmao

but yea go off talking around the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.