The Current State of Civil Protection: A Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
the fact that some people still stick by the old CP guide from previous iterations to make decisions/faction judgement and it stinks
The same Operational Dossier that was suspended by the Council back in City 24 and remains neglected by the majority of the Rank Leaders except the Ultraloyalists like the Custodials? Nothing stops people from bending the rules as long as they are willing to take the risk. There were two cops that took off their masks infront of a prisoner back in the Metro before proceeding to feed them. Both were verbally warned by the Rank Leader having been reported by me (the scanner) and it was left at that. No deservicements or anything.

You make it seem like it is something big and nasty, when in actuality it is barely being questioned and poorly enforced in-character.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it would, means it's less high maintenance- kind of what we already let the rank leaders do though

sasha's OBC cult was herded by sasha, le "old guard paleoconservatives" had their own dudes, etc.

the problem is i'm not sure who collectively actually wants to take up the mantle of resolving RL/any cop's schisms, rogue apps, faction apps, log checking, possibly event catering, etc.

and who exactly are you guys screaming to be replaced here? because the RLs themselves are playing characters, they don't lead the faction on an OOC basis like ovxy does, and they grant and deny different things based on their own decisionmaking
I think the point is a lot of the RL's feel forced to fall in line (hence shit like the RL only patrols which are murderfests) bar a few and the OOC reaction to stuff like last night/attitude problems that's being reflected upon as a demand for a total overhaul.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The same Operational Dossier that was suspended by the Council back in City 24 and remains neglected by the majority of the Rank Leaders except the Ultraloyalists like the Custodials? Nothing stops people from bending the rules as long as they are willing to take the risk. There were two cops that took off their masks infront of a prisoner back in the Metro before proceeding to feed them. Both were verbally warned by the Rank Leader having been reported by me (the scanner) and it was left at that. No deservicements or anything.

You make it seem like it is something big and nasty, when in actuality it is barely being questioned and poorly enforced in-character.
I said previous iteration

as in, not the current one

the old CityRP CPOG

Reactions: List

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
taking a step back and just letting CPs do whatever the fuck they want with no IC leadership presence besides maybe OTA would be a step in the right direction imo
I like how it is now where OTA and CPs mostly do their own things, with OTA only coming in every now and again to tell cops something big is going down and what the plan is (usually involving CPs running in first to soften them up) or OTA coming to take cops for transhumanization

The only other time OTA have to step in is when something super egregious happens

Last edited:

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I got deranked from 75 to 00 for taking my mask off to eat a melon in front of a refugee

EDIT: I think it was a pineapple actually but I'm not sure, need the experts to correct me on this
man-eats-watermelon-fast.gif

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My activity has been on a fast decline in this faction ever since the Pineapple incident

I lost all that work into my character over a Pineapple. A Pineapple.
If this isn't the shining example of there being a problem, then I don't know what is

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
u realize oneclassybanana was an RL right
great, so there's no argument if he picks up the role again, right?

the options are pretty scarce for active candidates that are ready to do admin work (like logchecking for activity, PSAs to the degree that @RedMan does, etc)
redman's a cool guy despite some of his odd thinking, he actually tried to push change.

I haven't seen a single complaint about him here other than his beliefs on the armistice, can't say the same for some others on that roster.

What do you mean by 'the stupid operational guide shit'?
I'd give you the link to the CPOG but it's buried in the archives, not that it stops half the RL roster from following it like the bible (which these people have done for YEARS).

The same Operational Dossier that was suspended by the Council
Not even close man, we're talking about a guidebook that comes from CLOCKWORK.

they don't lead the faction on an OOC basis like ovxy does
they still set policy
they still denote the direction the faction heads in
they are the OOC enforcers of what the headcops say; whenever they disagreed in the past they found ways to subvert shit (see: c24)

to copy paste from the literal guidebook:
Tasked with the conditioning of new batches, they organize officers' instruction
yeah, they are who everyone has to emulate when it comes to the orders, the faction's a top-heavy hierarchy. outside of ordinals yelling shit RL's are the leading rank.

and guess what happens when virtually all of them are pushing for rabid s2k kill-'em-all crap at the expense of roleplay? of promoting and encouraging henious crap in their private discord channel? of actively screwing up the faction so they can mouse1 on citizens?

as for ovxy, I suggest you talk to your senior staff about his problems because they can sure sum everything far better and more courteously than I could here.

they grant and deny different things based on their own decisionmaking
exactly

and that sure as hell has never been a transparent process.

rob

Nebulae
If this isn't the shining example of there being a problem, then I don't know what is
We need a completely new guide with all the old formulas thrown out the window and new leadership. Granted, on paper it sounds great but it'll be hard to execute, no doubt.

Screw anonymity, let me take a PT down to Agora to play darts in the pub with our masks off!!!

rob

Nebulae
guys something is seriously wrong when I'M talking about this

me, the guy who posts memes 99% of the time

we need CHANGE!!!!

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
guys something is seriously wrong when I'M talking about this

me, the guy who posts memes 99% of the time

we need CHANGE!!!!
there seems to be a personality fusion event occurring between the rob/rod models.
this will need to be investigated.

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
shit man what happened. I haven't played as a cop since around when union detectives were introduced but I thought all that reform and changes we made back then would've stuck around.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
There was once a time where I played this Iteration of Nebulous for unhealthy amounts of hours each day where my ONLY characters I played was a single CP and an Antlion.

I enjoyed the faction thoroughly up until just about City 24.
My 4-Month old character died to circumstances that aren't relevant and I was generously offered a place into the Transhuman Arm after being a 75 for so long.

I had even made an RL app the second I was able to because I was apparently being through of brought into the fold since ASHEVILLE but due to IC-Going-On's I had asked Ovxy to delay accepting or denying it. I'm not sure if it was a good decision or a bad one.

Excluding some isolated incidents, I had never once touched Voice Chat until City 24 proper because I always hated feeling left out, like some others in the CP feel right now. I saw what some of these Rank Leaders would do and strived to not be like them. To be as inclusive as possible, to make sure people who I'm leading know what we're doing and what their role is.

And I did it all ICly. By talking to them. Because being in an area with a LOT of people yet hardly anyone is talking because they're all sat in a VC is demoralising and isolates people.

As you're able to tell through various videos posted, people in these leadership positions, primarily the Rank Leaders typically sit in their own calls together which isn't inherently bad, but interaction ICly still needs to happen a lot more than it does.

Even if an order has been issued at some point before, if a ground unit asks for a refresher over the radio "There's and unarmed person approaching the Villa, what's our orders?" a simple "Turn them away" or a "Shoot at them" order would have sufficed.

This post is a mumble-jumble of thoughts that I wanted to just say.

I've been pushed away from playing my CP Character because I'm fed up dealing with certain actors inside the faction, RL and Non-RL alike.

I'd like to see some change that will push us away this S2K tunnel-vision and towards Roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.