Serious The Downfall of WW3RP: From the perspective of one of the common folk

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
Truly if we simplified the game mode and allowed the roleplay to remain that, simple, it would work
this is actually true because that was what NXTGEN did

clockwork, old guns, PMC playermodels even if it was a shorter time period, and it worked out surprisingly well

believe me when I say that the first month or two, there was next to no staff intervention. things happened in the server and it was all the playerbase. conflicts always happened, interaction with the other faction besides s2k was common, ncos were somewhat creative, and it was all going well

what fucked it is the community owner's terrible decisions, this seems to be a common problem with all ww3rps

It’s not difficult to tell people to not be autistic
it's not that it's difficult it's just the inevitable fact that some people will never change

and when you call out said people you always get hit with the excuse of 'B-B-B-BUT NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO DO IT!!!1!!' in a community where hundreds if not thousands of people used to play and use that to put people with room temperature iq in important positions

it's just how it is, you can make ww3rp with any formula you want and it has a high chance of working regardless because besides the militaryrp servers, you'd have no competition. it's just a matter of knowing what to do bro

Reactions: List

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
this is actually true because that was what NXTGEN did

clockwork, old guns, PMC playermodels even if it was a shorter time period, and it worked out surprisingly well

believe me when I say that the first month or two, there was next to no staff intervention. things happened in the server and it was all the playerbase. conflicts always happened, interaction with the other faction besides s2k was common, ncos were somewhat creative, and it was all going well

what fucked it is the community owner's terrible decisions, this seems to be a common problem with all ww3rps

it's not that it's difficult it's just the inevitable fact that some people will never change

and when you call out said people you always get hit with the excuse of 'B-B-B-BUT NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO DO IT!!!1!!' in a community where hundreds if not thousands of people used to play and use that to put people with room temperature iq in important positions

it's just how it is, you can make ww3rp with any formula you want and it has a high chance of working regardless because besides the militaryrp servers, you'd have no competition. it's just a matter of knowing what to do bro
max flash try to fix the 5 sec freeze every 30 seconds challenge: (IMPOSSIBLE !!!!)

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
This is very true. This new time around I thought people would change or have a more grounded perspective as to what decisions to make or just how to behave...

Yeah..

Its fascinating that since 2016 some mentalities still remain. I think this is one of the bigger issues as a whole, imo

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
i like how this thread is also part confession about how @Anti-tankspy either isn't a very good writer or is generally lazy as a roleplayer and im not sure which is worse to admit here, like a huge section of the OP is dedicated to explicitly outlining application plagiarism
@Anti-tankspy is a good boy and was very genuine in last ww3rp
It’s not difficult to tell people to not be autistic
you can tell a monkey to not fling shit but it's not gonna listen to you
these people have turbo-autism unfortunately, not much you can do about it

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its fascinating that since 2016 some mentalities still remain. I think this is one of the bigger issues as a whole, imo

The thing is, why would they change?

They like WW3 because they can shoot shit while chatting with their mates on voice, and the worst offenders didn't bother to stick around the community for other things they don't play (understandably), so what 'loyalty' do they have to anyone elses experience here? Imo that's why you had so many people even in this most recent iteration laughing about abusing shit again before they left.

At least with HL2RP you are there primarily to roleplay and, generally speaking, the HL2Rpers had to evolve with the times. By contrast the worst offenders from WW3RP basically just stepped out of a time capsule each time the server popped back up.

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae

They like WW3 because they can shoot shit while chatting with their mates on voice, and the worst offenders didn't bother to stick around the community for other things they don't play (understandably), so what 'loyalty' do they have to anyone elses experience here? Imo that's why you had so many people even in this most recent iteration laughing about abusing shit again before they left.

At least with HL2RP you are there primarily to roleplay and, generally speaking, the HL2Rpers had to evolve with the times. By contrast the worst offenders from WW3RP basically just stepped out of a time capsule each time the server popped back up.
I guess it's something close to constantly stepping on the same stone. I don't know, somewhere in my logic I thought that there would be some actual change and, well. I think the foremost step would have been to avoid such things but it gets hard specially when you have all the old circles around who for some reason keep popping up.

I mean these are specific cases a lot of others did mature but it's a shame that it always returns to this. But I think it comes down to the direction, many of those same people get positions of power which never ends well. Its a hard chip on the shoulder to shrug off I guess

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
@Anti-tankspy is a good boy and was very genuine in last ww3rp

you can tell a monkey to not fling shit but it's not gonna listen to you
these people have turbo-autism unfortunately, not much you can do about it

You’re right, WW3RP suffered from a lack of interest from its staff, some terrible decisions by its community manager in charge, and overall a poor mindset by the players

The leadership in both factions is the same with how cops use to be ran on HL2RP and even some rebel groups, but since civilians were the focus on HL2RP it wasn’t exactly widespread

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

WW3 never use to be primarily about shooting, it was actually about roleplay

The only thing that initially changed was the community it was brought to

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
some terrible decisions by its community manager in charge
this is pretty much universal

like back in the day people complained about toasty a lot even after he left, they were doing in on the hl2rp subforum even

WW3RP suffered from a lack of interest from its staff
overall a poor mindset by the players
right on the money with this though

knew it was pretty much running off a cliff when roose was relying on polls that were filled with people voting who never joined the server / only showed up on the forums to whinge (and hadn't been on since the iteration before).

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
and overall a poor mindset by the players
i would say it was a small clique of players that had a really poor mindset that were good friends with leadership of either faction, which led to these small numbers of players getting positions of influence that then spread negatively to the rest of the playerbase which was easily impressionable

Jake

Proton
Nebulae
WW3RP will forever be a core memory for me, I'll never forget the warcrimes committed with my buddies, the intense medRP (such as transplanting a liver once) and the pot smoked in hidden spots.
The era of edginess

f863a6284c15d26766a0111e574d9eec.png

Nebulae
WW3RP will forever be a core memory for me, I'll never forget the warcrimes committed with my buddies, the intense medRP (such as transplanting a liver once) and the pot smoked in hidden spots.
The era of edginess

f863a6284c15d26766a0111e574d9eec.png
truly utilizing gmod source engine for what it was meant to be used for

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
the ww3rp state of decay thread

neat read (i have never played ww3rp)

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
reading the OP vs. reading the replies was the quickest uncanny mr incredible meme I’ve experienced in a minute tho