Serious The Epic Games Store is good for gaming, change my mind

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
e: also steam has a community market, when a new case gets released on csgo for example (which is free to play), you can literally buy a brand new game with two of those cases on valve's expense
Yeah, PC gamers love lootboxes... They're great...

Funny that Epic don't agree with lootboxes yet Fortnite gets shit while Apex Legends got praise.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
Yeah, PC gamers love lootboxes... They're great...

Funny that Epic don't agree with lootboxes yet Fortnite gets shit while Apex Legends got praise.

i got the crates for just playing the game and was allowed to sell them back for high prices upon their initial release, this is something that has saved me over 200$, as a person who can rarely afford paying for games, i couldn't care less if people are for or against lootboxes

also i don't think you can unlock every skin on fortnite like you could do on apex from just playing the game

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
So sad that an indie company just got picked up by a major studio... not like you’d want them to make future games or expand their team and budget, right?

:laughing:
[doublepost=1556812077][/doublepost]
Games are cheaper, developers are getting a bigger cut. Your only effort is installing another application on your computer.

This entire thread explains it.
Sorry for wanting the game on Steam and future DLCs as well! I would have no problem if it wasn't for that.

Reactions: List

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
If you own it right now you keep it on Steam...
Oh yeah, sure! What a great way to attract potential new customers to a platform constantly hit by account theft, which lacks a lot of features from another platform.

Yeah! Let's support our developers! Am I right?

It's hard to make future games or expand their team and budget without keeping a game on a platform, right?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Oh yeah, sure! What a great way to attract potential new customers to a platform constantly hit by account theft, which lacks a lot of features from another platform.

It's hard to make future games or expand their team and budget without keeping a game on a platform, right?

Yeah... by putting the game on a new platform that millions of Fortnite players are on that may not have Steam because they may be new to PC gaming. Yes? Let's support developers by giving them a large cut of profits.

Psyonix literally struggled to update their game for more than a year. Not really sure what your angle is with "without keeping a game on a platform" because those that would buy Rocket League on Steam already own it, they aren't removing the game from your library.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae

EGS accounts are attacked no less than regular Steam accounts. A large portion of keeping an account safe relies on the owner of the account - not reusing passwords, changing passwords whenever a breach occurs on another service you have an account on, enabling 2-factor, etc.

Let's try and investigate these things before jumping straight to "Epic can't keep accounts secure"

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
C5mT0DP.png

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
atleast it isn't Microsoft store or origin, or gog

there apps are fucking awful

but epic store looks like it was made in 2012 by a gta sa modder

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
the only thing gog lacks is regional pricing

that's the only issue imo

everytime I log in or change pages I've got to play the "press x and y" box game on there web

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I like steam, because it means whilst, sure, I have to register for these other services and such, It allows me to have all my games in one place and I enjoy the convenience of that. What I don't like is Epic Games holding the Industry to ransom and forcing change. I do like the change that will come of it though, I don't like the practice because it screams blackmail to me.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
I like steam, because it means whilst, sure, I have to register for these other services and such, It allows me to have all my games in one place and I enjoy the convenience of that. What I don't like is Epic Games holding the Industry to ransom and forcing change. I do like the change that will come of it though, I don't like the practice because it screams blackmail to me.
Offering better profit rates is not ransom or blackmail lmao

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
Obviously it's good for competition but it doesn't seem to me a good platform nor worth using. My hope was that the Epic Store might force Steam to have to work hard to keep it's users happy, but considering how most people look at Epic now that might not be the actual effect.

There are a couple of things that make me seriously worried about the Epic Store's direction though, the quote about developers being more important to them than consumers worries me and when you see their planned review system being "opt in" etc you can see that vision being carried out in a way I don't approve of.

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
developers supporting a developer oriented platform? color me surprised. in all seriousness, i prefer player choice and being attracted to a platform because of its improvements/advantages over other platforms, not because the game i want is on said platform because of exclusivity. also devs are already rejecting epic's offers because of bad PR so there's that i guess, maybe that'll change their mind on their gameplan. i don't hate epic games per-se, ideally steam wouldn't have a monopoly over the pc platform and everyone would be able to choose their preferred platform but at this point its too late for me to change my mind when i have over a few hundred games on steam and i think this applies to most steam users that have acquired many games on it over the years.

Last edited:

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I mean Microsoft used to do this sort of shit for the 360

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
What I don't like is Epic Games holding the Industry to ransom and forcing change.
Literally untrue and completely inaccurate. They cannot and do not force any chance, they are making business deals, they do not force a company to make a deal.
[doublepost=1557072092][/doublepost]
Epic games must’ve bought out nebulous cause man they get some good press
The classic “shill” comment, sorry I don’t support the gamer outrage just because they have a hardon for Steam.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Literally untrue and completely inaccurate. They cannot and do not force any chance, they are making business deals, they do not force a company to make a deal.
[doublepost=1557072092][/doublepost]
The classic “shill” comment, sorry I don’t support the gamer outrage just because they have a hardon for Steam.

Perhaps you're right, I'll agree. I just don't like them snatching everything up and these companies entering into an exclusivity deal with Epic.

E: I suppose it's their loss to not get onto other platforms or places. But... I suppose the offer outweighs the negatives