the last of us part II (potential spoilers ahead)

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
see part of the reason i loved the first game is because it was different

how the world had changed and shit, it was so cool to me especially back then. i’d never seen anything like it
and the story was just *french kiss* perfect

now it’s just le grimdark realism simulator but also mocap sex and fuck your enjoyment with really nice graphics

like why the fuck have game studios all suddenly decided decided that making a shit game is alright if it has amazing graphics lmfao

Reactions: List

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I wonder if anyone takes critic reviews seriously these days.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
Ea5ME0dX0AA388c
(Might wanna mute this)

Last edited:

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I kinda wanna dub this game the 'Oscar bait' equal for video games, given those fucking review scores

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
never mind the trite narrative shlock and insulting treatment for some of the most beloved characters of all time. never mind the shitty retcon of a completely innocuous plot element from the first game and the god awful dialogue. never mind the fact that you play as
the murderer of joel and tormenter of ellie
for half the game. the biiiig issue here is the fact that the protagonist is a muscular woman. something something sjw.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
still funny to me that genuine criticisms of the game are being shut down and disregarded as either bots or people who cant stand a woman killing someone

yeah some people are incel pricks but i just don't like
how fucking anticlimactic Joel and tommy's death is and that ELLIE FUCKING SPARED ABBY LIKE WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING? WHY? FUCKING WHY?

some people are retarded

but some people just say "i hated the story" and suddenly they're a misogynist im a bit confused
maybe this was intentional
who knows lmfao

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
yikes sweaty you dont like my ps4 kino?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think the muscular thing is an issue to some mostly because its in direct contrast to every single other woman we ever see in the entire game - including Ellie. Its just a little weird that there's so much contrast.

Not a single other character is remotely as built as Abby is.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
When the game director tells you to have an 'open mind' that's a red flag right there

Imagine if Rian Johnson before Last Jedi came out said some shit like that, ahaha.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I don't understand the "SJW PC" narrative people are pushing. The character is just a muscular woman.

The way I see it is that people will generally use 'SJW shit' when representation and inclusion of characters who aren't traditionally attractive or straight are done poorly and/or the game suffering directly as a result. I think the inclusion of a certain character on top of the fact that the game story is pretty horrible adds up to people just slapping it with 'SJW shit'.

There's plenty of games who manage to have non-binary characters gay/straight/lesbian etc without being branded as 'SJW' shit. I don't think anyone here is against inclusion when it's done right.

Beyond that, it's probably also in due-part to people disliking how female characters have been made less attractive over time as to not set 'unrealistic expectations' to people. Frankly, I prefer my characters in video-games to be beautiful; the same reason I prefer my actors in movies to be good looking.

I'm sure you've seen these images reposted a billion times but just to make a point;
yRIVK2a.jpg

iJ9A7dY.jpg

8GPF981.png

Either way; pandering or not, they butchered this game