the last of us part II (potential spoilers ahead)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This really seems like one of those forms of media that you anticipated, but cannot pull yourself to finish in fear of massive disappointment.

TLOU was the first game I ever recommended as a 10/10. Ever. Now, into the dust-bin of other television series like the last season of Mad Men, Sopranos, and Lost.I cannot handle the pain of something that was once so good, become my own mental pegging.

its almost as if anything that's legendarily good is followed up with a legendarily trash sequel

games of thrones and star wars and other forms of media purposefully trashing themselves in the name of "subverting expectations"

red dead redemtpion 2 was a great sequel and it played into expectations while still being amazing

surprising the audience with a shit surprise isnt an accomplishment and i dont know why so many writers think it is

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
WHAT AGENDA?
The "We don't use the word fun" agenda maybe

QzV7dYrbukyUtnhCF4yGZcGSx2-EHJ5Xh8xA9w4pT20.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
its almost as if anything that's legendarily good is followed up with a legendarily trash sequel

games of thrones and star wars and other forms of media purposefully trashing themselves in the name of "subverting expectations"

red dead redemtpion 2 was a great sequel and it played into expectations while still being amazing

surprising the audience with a shit surprise isnt an accomplishment and i dont know why so many writers think it is
Yooo not all sequels are bad

Silent Hill 2
Terminator 2
Sims 2
System Shock 2

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Silent Hill 2
Terminator 2
Sims 2
System Shock 2

yeah but look them over

terminator 2 subverted expectations and it was actually amazing, no one saw that shit coming but it made for a better story
sims 2 was just a great game all around, not much story so not many expectations to subvert
silent hill 2 and system shock 2 i never played so i cant comment

compare it to TLOU2, GoT season 8, Star Wars sequels where they kill off main characters out of fucking nowhere just because it's shocking

D

Deleted member 7099

trans people are cool and deserve to be represented
the people who made the game were reckless when making the one trans character be evil and kill a beloved character, as in an attempt to spread diversity for transgender men, women or nonbinary fellas in video games they only fucked up perception of them more. there isn't an agenda doe gay and trans people should just be normal. you wouldn't say "Wow they're really pushing the cis agenda now, huh??!!?!"
the graphics look good doe

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
gpx5tlj2p0651.jpg

[doublepost=1592670281][/doublepost]
trans people are cool and deserve to be represented
the people who made the game were reckless when making the one trans character be evil and kill a beloved character, as in an attempt to spread diversity for transgender men, women or nonbinary fellas in video games they only fucked up perception of them more. there isn't an agenda doe gay and trans people should just be normal. you wouldn't say "Wow they're really pushing the cis agenda now, huh??!!?!"
the graphics look good doe

she wasn't trans

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
yeah but look them over

terminator 2 subverted expectations and it was actually amazing, no one saw that shit coming but it made for a better story
sims 2 was just a great game all around, not much story so not many expectations to subvert
silent hill 2 and system shock 2 i never played so i cant comment

compare it to TLOU2, GoT season 8, Star Wars sequels where they kill off main characters out of fucking nowhere just because it's shocking
In my mind, there's a few reasons why this could be a thing:

It could be the people in charge don't understand what they are working with and don't get why it's beloved
It could be that the people in charge intentionally want to do something 'subversive' because they don't want to be seen as cliche or predictable
It could be that the original stories or drafts are edited poorly (That actually happened to HL:A, except not poorly and I'm not saying that HL:A is bad but the original game had a lot of elements that were cut)

Or it could be trying to push a message in a shitty way (aka "revenge is bad!! killing people wrong...")

D

Deleted member 7099

gpx5tlj2p0651.jpg

[doublepost=1592670281][/doublepost]

she wasn't trans
chef i'm going off what most people are arguing about
if she isn't then change it to be masculine women, i guess
( ignore how i fucked it up the first time )

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The whole trans thing is a shitpost, it shouldn't be taken seriously and it's disgusting if it's encouraging hatred of people like that

However criticism of Abbey as a character, motivations, actions and the believablity/likeability of them are fine imho. Especially considering they are almost considered a protagonist of the game

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
( ignore how i fucked it up the first time )

it was just a dog-whistle from some angry person who didn't like masculine women in video games so leaked the story line a few months back and marked her as trans
i mean she's a crap character, but people are using that to justify hatred of trans people, bellowing out "MA'AM" memes and just calling her a guy over it lol

the game seems bad, but people are dense and get angry over little things which fuels them with hate, it's going to set back the trans community a bit probably

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It could be that the original stories or drafts are edited poorly

we know this part is true

the leaks contained cutscenes that never made it into the final product, such as ellie getting her arm snapped off and all of her teeth busted in

D

Deleted member 7099

The whole trans thing is a shitpost, it shouldn't be taken seriously and it's disgusting if it's encouraging hatred of people like that

However criticism of Abbey as a character, motiviations, actions and the believablity/likeability of them are fine imho. Especially considering they are almost considered a protagonist of the game
oh should i be putting these in spoilers? im sorry
the critique of her character in of itself is perfectly justified but bringing in sexuality and gender because game make you mad is bad i rly wish people'd cease

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
0bfonpbcvw551.jpg

muh revenge for revenge bad will only make more revenge!!!

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
0bfonpbcvw551.jpg

muh revenge for revenge bad will only make more revenge!!!
revenge is badass and neil cuckmann is a retard for thinking otherwise