the last of us part II (potential spoilers ahead)

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also just in case

Remember spoiler tags! I'm sure there's people lurking on the forums who care and this stuff shows up in recent activity.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
gpx5tlj2p0651.jpg

[doublepost=1592670281][/doublepost]

she wasn't trans
i love how kojima says the very bare minimum and still sounds like he's throwing jabs.

Reactions: List

Romeo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i sincerely wonder how critics are consistently rating this game 10/10, calling it a MASTAPIECE. the only plausible excuse i can muster up is that they don't want to fall out of the good graces of sony and co, so they give it a high rating and call it day.

just reinforces the notion that you never trust "gaming journalists" in general. i mean, i knew that beforehand, but this is just the nail in the coffin.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i sincerely wonder how critics are consistently rating this game 10/10, calling it a MASTAPIECE. the only plausible excuse i can muster up is that they don't want to fall out of the good graces of sony and co, so they give it a high rating and call it day.

just reinforces the notion that you never trust "gaming journalists" in general. i mean, i knew that beforehand, but this is just the nail in the coffin.
they got paid

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
The Last of Us 2 had great story plot elements to it. I think the Half Life series could've used such plot elements in it too for a better story.

Like when you're in White Forest ready to launch the missile to close the super portal, I think it would've been interesting if Gordon called the missile strike off and let the portal open; flooding the world with the combine army.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

vmj6j8r8b3651.jpg

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
all ive seen of this other than the small leaks is the hotline miami psp thing, and im not watching anything else for the time being

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Of course, there's no proof about this, but it's not far off from it, ever wondered why big videogame reviewers made by creators start by getting early review copies, but once they talk shit about a justified bad game, they suddenly stop getting keys from those developers, same thing can be related with gaming sites, you talk shit about our games, well... sorry IGN, no more IGN first for you, maybe I'll talk to my good friends over at Gamespot instead. I mean that's what I'd do if I was a marketer for them, and I study marketing, although that would be unethical.

I mean I'm not sure if gaming companies HAVE to send review copies to reviewers, I'd assume they would, but nothing stops them from in the future letting them play last, or not give them any exclusivities. That's why I rather see reviews from content creators, 2-3 days later or a week after the game is reviewed to see if it's actually worth it, what are their actual thoughts on it, what did they enjoy, not enjoy, etc.

we do have to keep in mind that reviews, in the end, are opinions, but I do find it hard to believe that a huge majority of reviewers simply said... "MASTERPIECE" great story, cause I mean everything else-ish in the game is fine, Graphics are amazing, animations are absurd, details as well, the gameplay is average to alright, but how could they say "Yes, this story is also deserving of a 10/10" Don't get me wrong I think the last of us 2 is a great game visually, but it lacks what made the first one, it wasn't just the graphics it was the tale it told and the way it did it.

Instead, we get: "SUBVERSED EXPECTATIONS" -Neil Druckman

But oh well, I don't even own a PS4, but watching some YouTubers I see react to Joel death really made me realize how shit it was, and when it switched to Abby I swear some of them broke down of laughter lol