custom title
Nebulae
Says the noob who thinks the 1911 is single action smfh
It is single-action by design though?

The double-action variants are the likes of the Paraordnance LDA etc

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I compared it to a single action because its an utter shite gun, I didnt say it was one.

Reactions: List

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
maxresdefault.jpg

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I compared it to a single action because its an utter shite gun, I didnt say it was one.
Well if it was a crappy weapon then how come the U.S military used it as it's standard sidearm until 1985? And still being used by U.S special forces today? If it was a terrible weapon then the U.S wouldn't have used it and still wouldn't use it.

TFW european kids talk about guns when they are prohibited by law to be around one.

York

Electron
Nebulae
The Colt 1911 is and has been one of the most used and well respected semi-auto service pistols in U.S military history, there's a reason it's still one of the most popular models for both civilian carry and like @Benjideaula said, military usage. If it was a quote "crappy gun" special forces like SEAL teams and Army Rangers wouldn't carry 1911 varients in actual combat situations. Several people I know carry 1911s and they all do it for the same reasons. Just because the gun has a bad DMG in your call of duty doesn't mean that the real thing doesn't have stopping power. A .45 is a big handgun round that is known for its stopping power, the trade off of course being that the gun holds less ammunition than a .38 or .9mm pistol. I just felt the need to defend the gun because I'm a bit of a fanboy for the 1911 design and I can't stand people that know so little about sport shooting or guns in general yet feel the need to comment using their vast knowledge of what they've seen in youtube vids and video games.

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Also, I've fired guns IRL too. I haven't fired a 1911 yet though, the guns I have fired were:
  • 9mm H&K USP
  • .40 S&W Glock 22
  • 9mm SIG Sauer P226
  • .38 special S&W model 67 revolver
  • .223 (5.56) AR-15
  • 12 gauge shotgun (forgot what model, sorry)
  • 7.62x39mm SKS rifle.
I'm planning on firing a 1911 one day though.