The most adaptable survival rifle/shotgun

York

Electron
Nebulae
Also, I've fired guns IRL too. I haven't fired a 1911 yet though, the guns I have fired were a 9mm USP, a .40 S&W Glock 22, a 9mm Sig Saur P226, a .38 special S&W model 67 revolver, a .223 (5.56) AR-15, a 12 gauge shotgun (forgot what model, sorry) and finally, a 7.62x39mm SKS rifle.
I'm planning on firing a 1911 one day though.
Though I have done plenty of target practice with a wider variety of weapons my experience is mostly with shotguns. I like to visit a local club that specializes in skeet shooting with clay pigeon disks, my favorite general firearm of all time is the Remington 870 shotgun which may well be the model you shot considering how it is the most popular model of shotgun in the U.S, debatably second to the Mossberg 500

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
The Colt 1911 is and has been one of the most used and well respected semi-auto service pistols in U.S military history, there's a reason it's still one of the most popular models for both civilian carry and like @Benjideaula said, military usage. If it was a quote "crappy gun" special forces like SEAL teams and Army Rangers wouldn't carry 1911 varients in actual combat situations. Several people I know carry 1911s and they all do it for the same reasons. Just because the gun has a bad DMG in your call of duty doesn't mean that the real thing doesn't have stopping power. A .45 is a big handgun round that is known for its stopping power, the trade off of course being that the gun holds less ammunition than a .38 or .9mm pistol. I just felt the need to defend the gun because I'm a bit of a fanboy for the 1911 design and I can't stand people that know so little about sport shooting or guns in general yet feel the need to comment using their vast knowledge of what they've seen in youtube vids and video games.
"nawh man its dumb"

Reactions: List

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
americans are busy laughing at us eurofags for not having weapons but atleast i dont have to worry about getting shot by my neighbour

america is full of fucking idiots

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
americans are busy laughing at us eurofags for not having weapons but atleast i dont have to worry about getting shot by my neighbour

america is full of fucking idiots
at least we still have teeth

York

Electron
Nebulae
atleast i dont have to worry about getting shot by my neighbour
aye just the fucking pakis and chavs carving you up

guns are fun man you should try them, most of us aren't "arghh get off my lawn or i'll shoot you!" types we enjoy recreational shooting because it's cool and fun to do, most gun owners are really responsible and careful about using, storing and maintaining their weapons but a few bad apples ruin the bunch. unless you're talking about domestic terrorism which is more a problem with radical ideology that also affects Europe on a huge scale

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Even if we made gun use illegal, America has one of the highest firearm production rates.

Laws won't stop criminals from doing criminal acts.

OT: I think any form of shotgun would be good, easy to find buckshells/rounds for too

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
aye just the fucking pakis and chavs carving you up

guns are fun man you should try them, most of us aren't "arghh get off my lawn or i'll shoot you!" types we enjoy recreational shooting because it's cool and fun to do, most gun owners are really responsible and careful about using, storing and maintaining their weapons but a few bad apples ruin the bunch. unless you're talking about domestic terrorism which is more a problem with radical ideology that also affects Europe on a huge scale

i have tried guns fam theyre pretty fun to be honest but i dont agree with the gun laws in america

York

Electron
Nebulae
i have tried guns fam theyre pretty fun to be honest but i dont agree with the gun laws in america
that's okay but they're such an integral part of our culture, industrial and domestic life that removing them at this point is a ridiculous notion that would only cripple us economically and take firearms from responsible Americans who know how to use them safely and for their intended purpose be it sporting or self defense. I wish we had more extensive background checks across state lines to prevent crazies from getting a hold of them but where I live in New York we actually have a very strict and rigorous background checks and paperwork involved in purchasing and owning a firearm

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
that's okay but they're such an integral part of our culture, industrial and domestic life that removing them at this point is a ridiculous notion that would only cripple us economically and take firearms from responsible Americans who know how to use them safely and for their intended purpose be it sporting or self defense. I wish we had more extensive background checks across state lines to prevent crazies from getting a hold of them but where I live in New York we actually have a very strict and rigorous background checks and paperwork involved in purchasing and owning a firearm
must be hard for you then being a ****

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Basically this, NY actually has one of the most, if not THE most strict gun laws in all of the U.S. and there's basically no way an insane or untrustworthy person could get a hold of a gun legally.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

i understand you guys are fucked especially with trump around the corner

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
To summarize everything you people have said:
  • 1911's are great but obsolete, you can get a double stacked 45 at about the same price or less that won't jam and is much more modular without having to waste half of your paycheck to modify it or buy a high end one, it was great for the time but in today's mass production market it doesn't hold up, mass produced 1911's have a tendency to jam (of course there are fucking exceptions), and no I'm not fucking Glock bias, I love 1911's but sometimes you gotta face facts.
  • Get an M4, they're great, modular as fuck, personal towelhead shooting experience guaranteed!!!!(or whatever civilian variant you guys have), the 5.56 or .223 cartridge's still widely available compared to the others, that or just get any old Mossberg 12 gauge, you've got buckshot,slug,birdshot or whatever other bullshit round they can think of, all that including the fact that they're durable AS FUCK is an incredibly good dollar to usefulness/ fun ratio.
  • Outlawing guns won't fix shit, if someone's planning on doing a mass shooting I'm 100% certain he doesn't give a shit about any law that's telling him to not do it, or to not carry firearms, if he wants to kill people he'll get a gun illegally. Here we have a good margine or citizens AND soldiers walking around armed, if someone's going for a mass shooting scenario he won't survive for very long.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
  • 1911's are great but obsolete, you can get a double stacked 45 at about the same price or less that won't jam and is much more modular without having to waste half of your paycheck to modify it or buy a high end one, it was great for the time but in today's mass production market it doesn't hold up, mass produced 1911's have a tendency to jam (of course there are fucking exceptions), and no I'm not fucking Glock bias, I love 1911's but sometimes you gotta face facts.
  • Get an M4, they're great, modular as fuck, personal towelhead shooting experience guaranteed!!!!(or whatever civilian variant you guys have), the 5.56 or .223 cartridge's still widely available compared to the others, that or just get any old Mossberg 12 gauge, you've got buckshot,slug,birdshot or whatever other bullshit round they can think of, all that including the fact that they're durable AS FUCK is an incredibly good dollar to usefulness/ fun ratio.
  • Outlawing guns won't fix shit, if someone's planning on doing a mass shooting I'm 100% certain he doesn't give a shit about any law that's telling him to not do it, or to not carry firearms, if he wants to kill people he'll get a gun illegally. Here we have a good margine or citizens AND soldiers walking around armed, if someone's going for a mass shooting scenario he won't survive for very long.
this is coming from a man who guns down innocents palestine boys so you know its legit

York

Electron
Nebulae
The Israelite is right

US-Israeli-Flag_81740.jpg

hetalia___america__israel_at_the_beach_by_jmantime_is_here-d9o9h9q.jpg

i'm actually pro-israel