The next Battlefield

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
DICE just dropped on their twitter an our ago about the future of Battlefield, with a link that sends you to a countdown to a premier of the Future of Battlefield which will be live streamed on the 6th of May.
Link to site: http://www.battlefield.com/event

There has been rumors that the next Battlefield will be set in a WW1/WW2 setting.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Vietnam War would be cool in my opinion, but a World War Two setting would be cool aswell.

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'm not any Big Bad Battlefield Man No.1 but I thought Hardline or whatever was cool multiplayer wise. To be honest the period of the video game market being flooded with WW2 titles is coming back, so I don't want to see another one just yet.

Pigeon

Neutrino
Nebulae
Bad company 3
Battlefield 5
Battlefield 1942 remake
Battlefield vietnam war

I think 1942 remake will be the new best chance. Many FPS gamers missing retro WW2 FPS...

:heyzeus:

Atom
Nebulae
Really hope it will be ww2 styled. Would be fucking awesome tbh

Sensei_

Neutrino
Nebulae
Battlefield really turned 360 degrees, from modern battles we turn back to World War. I'll never understand why they did this tbh, they could just make the game with a different title.

Battlefield 2, 3 and 4 are based on modern battles, while 5 and maybe 6 will turn back to history class. Just saying, it's weird. But still excited to try out the new battlefield.

M-DELTA

Neutrino
Nebulae
Every game nowadays are based in futuristic environment, why not making one hell of WW2 Battlefield, that could be really cool as RoHS starts to get a bit old.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
It is apparently to be set in WW2 on the Eastern Front, Battlefield: Easton Front

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
tbh, only good WW1 game is Verdun and that was rather limited in my opinion. If Battlefield can pull it off and keep it entertaining, i'm game. But I'd prefer a WW2 setting/Vietnam.

D

Deleted member 225

If they go for WW2 then they better fucking not be a normie and set it in the Western or Eastern Front. I'd really like to see a good WW2 game set in the pacific campaign, but a vietnam battlefield is what I'm hoping for really.

As for WW1 I heavily doubt that it'll happen, the trench warfare is just bland and repetitive. There's a complete lack of diverse guns and it just wouldn't work in a battlefield game.

Reactions: List

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
It's going to be 2143, they've been reading a new 214X for years now. WW1 is fucking retarded, WW2 won't happen and Vietnam should only ever be a spin off.