News The next voyage of nebulous

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
it's not.
how-do-you-know-all-this-how-do-you-know-this-how-do-you-know-all-of-this-gif-21277788.gif

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not valuing life, fear rp, basically.

you can't be PK'd without your permission (including PK contracts, you still need to give permission to sign them)

FearRP need not apply, stupid people exist IRL who threaten men with guns

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not being pk'd without the player's permission is so dumb tho for real i hope it doesnt come to hl2rp as a concept

as someone who prefers no death without consent, there's something i find very stressful about the looming threat of losing my character

im glad the server's doing it

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

alex and i frot each other on the hour every hour over gta rp

my balls are bigger

you can't be PK'd without your permission (including PK contracts, you still need to give permission to sign them)

FearRP need not apply, stupid people exist IRL who threaten men with guns

fear rp is still going to be applicable even without forced pks. people are still going to be expected to rp as if they could die if they're in such a predicament.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
as someone who prefers no death without consent, there's something i find very stressful about the looming threat of losing my character

im glad the server's doing it
*runs out into the street, in the middle of a CAB speech and not only guns down the CAB member - but also massacres countless civilians*

*gets killed by cops and OTA after a 20 minute shootout*

"yeah i dont consent to pk btw"

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
yeah that’s the POINT

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
it's a really big fucking hassle to join a server you think looks interesting at a glance, if you have to create a forum account to post a whitelist application, and then wait 10+ days judging by the operating standard of people who review appeals and such right now

Regardless I don't really think it's absolutely necessary, rulebreakers aren't THAT common and will be banned if they mess about, but my point is, if it is to be done, I'd say just applying for whitelist with a "hi I'm X and this is my gamer gear" should be more than enough no need to go through a 6 page entry exam idk

yeah but we want people to actually play the server, man

Most GTA servers do have some shape of control and that never stopped people, not just from playing the server, but also remaking accounts and reapplying after they get banned to keep trolling

Like I get the point open server lets more people in but those interested will join like they do in every whitelisted GTA server

What is more, there is a good % of players who trust whitelisted servers more and search for them as they hope they'll have a better experience

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Forced PKs are archaic as fuck and do not fit the atmosphere of a GTA RP server. It might be more fitting in an HL2RP server, where every aspect of life is controlled by the genocidal Combine, but not in Los Santos.

It causes so many unnecessary problems both IC and OOC, especially for staff members who have to constantly deal with PK appeals. Making PKs voluntary removes this problem entirely, and players with OOC grudges against each other can't try and big dick their internet nemesis. This is the easiest, and healthiest way to deal with this kind of drama.

Build your storylines around something beyond how many people you can perma before you're perma'd. It creates better RP. Deaths have more of an impact when they're unexpected, rather than forced.

no need to go through a 6 page entry exam

I don't think it needs to be some huge application, but the questions presented should cover at least all the core rules around roleplay.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
If you RP in a way that acknowledges the fact the character won't actually die.. that can make things kinda weird.

So yeah, fear rp is still enforced.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you RP in a way that acknowledges the fact the character won't actually die.. that can make things kinda weird.

So yeah, fear rp is still enforced.

i think there do be a distinction between a character that is self-aware of their unkillable nature, and a character that just happens to be incredibly stupid

it's not difficult to find footage of people trying to fist-fight men with guns

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i think there do be a distinction between a character that is self-aware of their unkillable nature, and a character that just happens to be incredibly stupid

it's not difficult to find footage of people trying to fist-fight men with guns
Yes, that's exactly the distinction but if someone points a gun at you and you do not have one out already; you put your hands up.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yes, that's exactly the distinction but if someone points a gun at you and you do not have one out already; you put your hands up.

Plus not having PKs does not mean fear RP can be completely ignored. I assume it would still be a rule, and as such can be enforceable.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The best rp stories I've seen have happened under the constant and very present chance of pks

You're still free to play your own character in that manner.

You just can't force it on everyone else, another person's entire storyline should not be subjected to what you and some random admin want.