The Outer Worlds

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Finally beat the game, here is my ending:
I was on supernova mode, and because I was dehydrated, I was in the 'dumb' mode, during the hope mission, so I crashed it into the sun and we all died

Reactions: List

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Finally beat the game, here is my ending:
I was on supernova mode, and because I was dehydrated, I was in the 'dumb' mode, during the hope mission, so I crashed it into the sun and we all died
the 12 minute speed run is this and its so funny

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

this dlc coming out in 2 hours
very excited

according to the people who've tried it
it's much akin to old world blues.
this makes me very happy.

Last edited:

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
triplepost
just finished it

good addition to the game, great story, writing and voice acting as usual, very 50's noire detective story vibes. but the fucking map on the new planet was very meh - totally railroaded aswell, it's just an upper and a lower section of a canyon type thing where you have to take a million turns to get to where you want to be while all of it's padded out with ENEMY MARAUDER and stuff you've already seen. no new mechanics just a few new UNIQUE guns and armor that are probably worse than what you already have.

long ol main questline which was great and takes you back to familiar locations with new places, only like 3 sidequests that are pretty much just fetch quests and a bit of dialogue, no new companions, nothing else very exciting except for an addition to the ending. im guessing they had a pretty strict budget for this seeing as how it worked and how little new stuff they could add.

6.5/10 good story and characters, meh everything else. this dlc was played very safe.
i really like outer worlds so i really enjoyed playing this, but if you're looking for anything new then you're shit out of luck.
if you're playing the outer worlds for the first time however i'd definitely recommending getting it since it just adds another place for you to go to and explore very much in tune with the preexisting game

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I know I'm the only man still posting on here but the second DLC, Murder on Eridanos has dropped about a week ago and I've finally got some time to sit down and bust through it all. I'll drop a review here just like the last one some time tomorrow probably. Murder mystery by the New Vegas writers makes me very excited for an entertaining plot.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
OK dlc finished.

This was in my opinion more faithful to the RPG of the Outer Worlds than a good bulk of the main game. Mostly dialogue, investigations - interacting and influencing different characters; very minimal combat. The map was engaging, everything slowly made sense in your head throughout the story - and it followed the typical detectives tropes that made it that much more rewarding to get to the end of it.

Lots of added sidequests with added character, funny dialogue options - incorporation for your usual companions (I'd recommend bringing Felix and Parvati). Extra dialogue for dumb and or drunk options regarding characters, a million skill checks for different things that would let you know different stuff. Bunch of new different armors and custom weapons that all do individually wacky stuff, this time compared to the last DLC we actually had entirely unique stuff that wasn't just reskinned w/ a fancy name.

interrogating and deducting suspects
vQfwxAR.png

Think that's as much as I can say without spoiling anything. Potential cons is just the general scripting and payoff, NPCs weren't where you'd expect them to be towards the absolute end, had no effect otherwise. One bit of writing I didn't like is how certain strange stuff going on wasn't much mentioned by participating characters, I felt there was a deeper mystery to dive into or ask questions about way earlier in the story that only really got its payoff at the end which was a bit of an anticlimax.

Also wish NPC's had more to say after the endgame. The voice acting was m'wah and I would've loved to hear more of it.

Other than that I absolutely recommend it, I'm in firm belief this game will blow up a lot more than it already has and become a cult classic once some game of the year edition drops in a few years; even if it struggled massively because they launched it on Epic Games like a bunch of morons - both of the DLCs add things that do nothing but accentuate the main game itself and tie into the respective main game endings, and while I wouldn't recommend the first DLC unless it's your first time playing the game, this one's essential - great time.

8/10, might be even higher if you compare it to the basegame.

edit:
also you can taste all the evidence its very funny

Last edited: