The Walking Dead

CuzImWeenie

Proton
Nebulae
iirc i tried toget into twd but i lost interest when it became "prison management drama"

has it got any better?
The new season had to be the most interesting one so far, Longer episodes, Every episode has action in it, It's never boring

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
guessing that carl died
LOL
what a shit show honestly, I'm glad I'm not watching it anymore

Carl was shown to have a bite on his torso. He's not dead yet, and everyone on the talking dead theorized he was going to weaponize it on Negan.

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
I don't watch it anymore, as stated earlier, but I heard that Carl died so that's pretty sad. Apparently he got killed off due to him going to college???

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I don't watch it anymore, as stated earlier, but I heard that Carl died so that's pretty sad. Apparently he got killed off due to him going to college???

He's not dead YET. He will die in the second half of the season, and it's said this is gonna be a major plot device for the second half.

It could have to do with the actor going to college (I just read on Hollywood Reporter he's taking a gap year before starting college, so he might be working on some other stuff, I know he just released some music), he is an adult now, but it could also be that Carl, as the character, is the comic's equivalent to Andrea who died at Alexandria and Rick was in mourning. Michonne currently is basically Andrea, but Carl is suffering Andrea's fate. In the comics, Andrea died by being bitten by a walker to protect Eugene, and in the show Carl was bitten while recruiting a new fellow that Rick scared off earlier in the season thinking he may have been a part of The Saviors.

Chandler Riggs said:
I'm taking a gap year right now to focus on acting for a while. Leaving Walking Dead wasn't my decision. It was all story-related. It made sense story-wise for it to happen for Rick and Michonne and all the other characters.

In the article, they go on to explain that they're essentially killing him off to "bridge the gap between Rick not wanting to kill Negan and Rick also really wanting to kill Negan..." and brings up Carl's view point about how "there has to be some way forward than just killing people", so it could be setting up the plot point for capturing and imprisoning Negan before sending him off in exile, like in the comics, instead of just Rick offing Negan. Given there's a bunch of other Negan stories to tell (if you've read the comics), that's what I'm guessing is going to happen. Negan loves Carl in this weird way of grooming him to be his successor, and Rick loves Carl as he's his father and was also grooming him to lead should Rick die. Carl's death won't just affect Rick or Michonne who became his mother-figure, but it will affect Negan as well who actually respected and listened to Carl.

Last edited:

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
All I care about is a fight between Rick and Negan, their last fight was just a preview and even that was badass.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I don't know why but the Carl thing got to me

Pistolparty5892

Neutrino
Nebulae
Haven't watched to TV show in ages; how is it these days? I've heard mixed things about some of the seasons, mostly disappointments about the finales .

D

Deleted member 19

Haven't watched to TV show in ages; how is it these days? I've heard mixed things about some of the seasons, mostly disappointments about the finales .

Season 6 - Boring at the beginning, but amazing in the second half.

Season 7 - A good idea ruined in every way possible, terrible dialogue, stupid decisions made by the characters which they wouldn't normally make, and just uninteresting episodes (i.e. Tara/Kingdom stories).

Season 8 so far - Fire the writers.

Reactions: List

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
xmH2ScB.jpg