The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I don't really get the premise of getting Gmod Jailbreak gameplay for the first x days before the server switches to its intended setting (i.e. what was hyped up and promised) especially considering it effectively means walk citizens back and forth until they rebel simulator (which has a predetermined outcome anyway)

Putting people in an enclosed enviroment is a thousand times better for establishing relationships than dumping them on something like Ineu and telling them to do the same thing.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Putting people in an enclosed enviroment is a thousand times better for establishing relationships than dumping them on something like Ineu and telling them to do the same thing.
I don't disagree but per this thread the main target of the server seem to be the rebel groups who, from what I've been told, start out in the Outlands anyway?:

the starting event seems to be the antithesis of the server's intended setting
I don't think the event is capable of sustaining the ~20 cops + OTA that we have either. @Spine spent most of today repeatedly pushing a single button to open and close a gate lol

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
today had it's ups and downs.

it's nice to see some relationships start to form, but this setting is going to get very stale very quickly. we need to get the ball rolling with the escape asap so that the actual main point of the server can begin, as that's what people are here for, not prisonRP

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
@boots @Hunk

I forgot to save the logs from our little interaction but I loved that moment we had a lot. Thanks for the roleplay y'all.

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ive enjoyed it and there's been a degree of nostalgia for a variety of reasons, but admittingly i doubt i would've enjoyed it as much if i didn't have a little clique to hang around yakno; everything's more fun with ur friends obviously

the abundance of random workshift-type stuff has been a bit neutral for me, i did enjoy the forcefield thing i went on but otherwise there's part of me that hasn't felt all too into it.

i feel like a lot of people's advice on splitting people up is definitely correct. ive personally felt a little lacking in the immersion department because 90% of the rp has been 'PRISON GANG GANG EPIC PRISON FIGHT' rather than feeling the immersion of a horrible, revolting and inhumane combine prison. but that's more the fault of the people than the staff.

i didnt come in with any expectations and i've mostly been happy with what ive experienced, excited to see it progress

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
i feel like a lot of people's advice on splitting people up is definitely correct. ive personally felt a little lacking in the immersion department because 90% of the rp has been 'PRISON GANG GANG EPIC PRISON FIGHT' rather than feeling the immersion of a horrible, revolting and inhumane combine prison. but that's more the fault of the people than the staff.
trying to ramp this up a bit more

beating the shit out of people publicly and randomly, maybe possible stalkerization, idk

me and a few other cops accidentally beat a guy to death publicly when we just meant to re-educate him

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
I've been able to enjoy myself without a clique, but I also have to recognize that @Numbers authed me to play a really cool character concept for the start of the server and I've used that as my means to propel myself into roleplay situations.

Overall today was really good but the forecast for the days ahead is going to be grim unless there's a shift in gears fast to make the inmate experience a bit more involved.

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
ive enjoyed it and there's been a degree of nostalgia for a variety of reasons, but admittingly i doubt i would've enjoyed it as much if i didn't have a little clique to hang around yakno; everything's more fun with ur friends obviously

the abundance of random workshift-type stuff has been a bit neutral for me, i did enjoy the forcefield thing i went on but otherwise there's part of me that hasn't felt all too into it.

i didnt come in with any expectations and i've mostly been happy with what ive experienced, excited to see it progress
trying to ramp this up a bit more

beating the shit out of people publicly and randomly, maybe possible stalkerization, idk

me and a few other cops accidentally beat a guy to death publicly when we just meant to re-educate him
yeah merlin and i have been trying to do stuff like this, although its a careful line because i dont wanna take things overboard and get ostracised for it

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I enjoyed myself, and had good response from staff

I like that cops don't feel a need to invade all RP going on (at least in my experience)

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
good criticism from all, but i agree the prison roleplay isn't sustainable myself

it's meant to be a neat little intro for the server, i think it's served its function

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I have no idea how I survived escaping the prison, but I do love a good challenge.
Looking forward to when the main dynamic of the server kicks off, do always like this prison map and the experience of navigating it, although being at the mercy of civ pro power dynamic and workshifts for me is not what I'm looking for with the new iteration. So I think I will sit back until the event wraps and mess around a little.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
good criticism from all, but i agree the prison roleplay isn't sustainable myself

it's meant to be a neat little intro for the server, i think it's served its function
its been fun but im defo ready to move on thats for sure

i want rebel rp

I WANT REBEL RP

DzUrAYC.png

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I hope I didn't miss out on any cool ending. Had a bit of a tedious train ride back to my apartment before the whole shebang, so I began to nod off a few hours in - and DC'd without realizing I should wait things out.

As for the event itself, I had my fun. I still struggled being proactive in roleplay, but thankfully a lot of people with initiative resulted in neat encounters. At some point I started to default to my Heavy Snow era of busying myself by RPing some peculiar crafting habits (a flute and whistle made out of antlion and headcrab legs, respectively). I think that might've just been a matter of timing with how most minievents occurred while I was flagged on my Vort.

Speaking of, it was a blast of nostalgia to be on this map as a Vort again. Thankfully the automatic antlion spawning wasn't as crazy as it was when I surveyed the map in singleplayer. However, latency issues definitely arose and made even predictably-moving antlions a little harder to hit. Which reminds me that the VortSWEP seems a little wonky. At random, the circular crosshair suddenly warped across my screen, giving it annoyingly strobing white corner peripherals like recovering from a flashbang. I'd write a full-on bug report, but I poured my remaining energy into this post.

In summation? It was fun, but I can see the prison model not lasting very long.
Unless the prison phase already ended after I hopped offline, in which case feelsbadman.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
its been fun but im defo ready to move on thats for sure

i want rebel rp

I WANT REBEL RP

DzUrAYC.png
ok real talk right

we shoot the runners. how many people do you think will actually try to stay with the combine. there's been a few collaborators and snitches so far in the prison population

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
BA1BF4C30A512F2D2584CFE0BA9B8A20E0ACBFB3

Great first day, the start was a little slow but the PassiveRP and the eventual fighting with antlions was pretty cool ngl, can't wait for tomorrow

Also which one of you guys named their BLACK character Floyd Cotton

Uranio

Atom
Nebulae

Yp1QoeO.png

7 PM GMT - Tomorrow - 08.01.2023
"Sociocide"

Whispers from the prison blocks fill everyone's ears.
The truth is unknown but freedom is coming, or so are the rambling of madmen and gossipers. The sandstorm keeps raging revealing glimpses into the wasteland.
Shifting figures, a ravaged freighter looming in the horizon. The ground shakes and quakes from the ravenous creatures from below. Ever seeking their next prey.
The winds are shifting, gears are in motion. Green lights gloom in the distance and vehicle tracks are seen ever closer to the prison. The oppression of the many and the freedom of the few must be corrected with Sociocide.

Freedom won, at all costs.

@Numbers @Mic15000
Yp1QoeO.png

vQc5EgB.png

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
well, i got to experience the first day at least. sadly i cant participate further in the server for most of the following week due to life stuff.

wishing the best of luck to the staff with this. lets hope this server can last long and well :)