thoughts and speculations

Nebulae
idk if there would be a better place for this
figure i'd rather pool my idiocy into a single thread dedicated to containing it rather than letting it spill out into conversation and spamming my status and bothering people, just an outlet or something so that i can post whatevers on my mind and maybe anyone intrigued by the machinations of my brain can chip in if they wanna
no format, no routine, no overarching topic

been playing some fallout 4 as of late with a mod called PLUNDER and i got the difficulty set to survival, which means that i can't save anywhere but a bed and it has begun to highlight some of the silliness of fallout 4. i have no doubt it's just me alongside the difficulty of the mod PLUNDER which changes combat to essentially be 1 shot 1 kill. my experiences with it that i would describe as unsatisfactory would mostly just be bethesda's goofy placement of enemies and the strange AI that i have to work with. i watched key play hardcore22 for cyberpunk which led me to wanting to do something similar that can be ran on my 1926 toaster, and he found PLUNDER and we're both doing our own playthroughs now

ive also had the displeasure of engaging with fallout 4's legendary enemies which seems so cheap and silly and weird that i need to essentially battle a time lord, where if i don't hurt them enough they regenerate and get stronger and i shit myself and run away screaming, i watched key chuck a land mine at a stairwell to kill an enemy behind a wall and it detonates in his face which i admit is funny but also extremely infuriating when you've not been at a bed in like 30 minutes to an hour real time. where his excursions into the commonwealth end with him dying to something like that, or getting nailed by a lucky shot from an enemy, my runs have tended to end more often than not by some raider popping out of cover with a fat man and they fire it in my general direction and successfully turn me to paste

i mean i guess that's pretty realistic, if you had a launcher that chucked a miniature nuclear bomb and you don't wanna peek your head out for too long just for it to get shot. that's not to say it's all bad, it's just those tiny few things and probably some others im not currently thinking about because im wondering if writing a thread like this is stupid or something but the mod itself is really fun if you're into being tacticool and surviving and properly planning your next move in the wasteland. it gives a feeling of dread and insecurity about what it is you're doing and where you're going because one wrong move or getting way too comfortable means that you can end up stepping on a trap and exploding or turning a corner and getting sprayed down by an enemy. it keeps me on my toes in a way i haven't really experienced in other games simply because of the save system. it can be a little frustrating dying and needing to walk all the way back but fallout 4's map isn't like giant so needing to trek back isn't gut wrenching

i like it
try this one,
i'm like your fallout 4 coke vendor in this instance, if you liked your chippy tea, im giving u coke

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
policeterminal.png

i made a little police terminal extremely basic character biography image

yeah, character biographies, i know

whilst im unsure as to how detailed characters might get in gta rp, i made this just so that i can have something ready/let other people use it or gain inspiration and make something better from it, if characters get quite in depth

if not then well idk, minor paint.net practice

im not sure if the little bars on the side look gross or not. They look to be part of the terminal in the picture I found so I kept them

Reactions: List

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
policeterminal.png

i made a little police terminal extremely basic character biography image

yeah, character biographies, i know

whilst im unsure as to how detailed characters might get in gta rp, i made this just so that i can have something ready/let other people use it or gain inspiration and make something better from it, if characters get quite in depth

if not then well idk, minor paint.net practice

im not sure if the little bars on the side look gross or not. They look to be part of the terminal in the picture I found so I kept them

I spoke to Alex about character biographies for GTARP and whether there would be a forum section for them as I wanted to make one for my guy, unfortunately there won't :( he wants characters to remain openly IC and their stories IC on the server.

Nonetheless nice work Chez

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
I spoke to Alex about character biographies for GTARP and whether there would be a forum section for them as I wanted to make one for my guy, unfortunately there won't :( he wants characters to remain openly IC and their stories IC on the server.

Nonetheless nice work Chez
Oh yea that's fine too

I'll probably just keep it here and fill it out later to appease my american brain

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
20230627174856_1.jpg

20230627181446_1.jpg

i am excited for the possibility of flying around helicopters for the police and emt factions
whilst i have no real life interest in aviation, it's cool in vidya games because of the neat tricks you can do with them. seeing a helicopter from a ground perspective waiting for it to come in and it shoots over your head then spins around and does a perfect landing is so cool. i was practicing for a while on landing, because if you're doing something like an air ambulance, that's gonna be like 90% of the entire thing. getting to one place then landing so that somebody can be hauled onto the helicopter. i don't even know if that'll be a thing in gtarp, maybe not a first, maybe later

at the very least, from what i saw of the dev updates, police aviation will be a thing because they show off a system where you can lock onto cars. that'll be very fun to do. flying helicopters and swooping in to land and dodging buildings and all that cool shit is gonna be really really cool. i suppose if NOOSE becomes a thing there'd be a good reason to use the annihilator. overall i am very excited. i would very willingly just be a flyboy for the emergency services factions because that shit is entertaining

the only sad thing is that there doesn't appear to be many challenging landing spots, so i can't really test my mettle and get better at landing because all of the areas that you land at are pretty much open, and the gta 5 flight controls are quite user friendly. not that that's a bad thing, it would be awesome to see a squadron of helicopters doing shit instead of the act of flying being locked behind a steep learning curve

at the very least maybe the maneuvering of a helicopter comes with practice. now i just need to get good with the police cruiser and or interceptor
20230626151308_1.jpg

20230626151407_1.jpg

i found an intact police interceptor then i found another npc police interceptor driving around and decided to follow it. it briefly satisfied my ADHD but then he smashed full speed into some elderly woman's car

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
20221123_210513.jpg

older photo from our camp out in the everglades

we recently finally purchased a camp in the everglades that we've been staying at/using for quite a while and it's kind of a relief at home to not need to worry about it anymore. it's a nice place to get away from the city stuff and to just relax for a weekend, eat some food and just do nothing. i've gone out here to hunt as well and while i haven't hit anything because duck season last year around christmas time was pretty bad, i'll probably try it again when it next comes around because it's kind of fun putting on waders and hopping into the swamp.

first time i did it though i didn't eat or drink anything and i got a dizzy spell which i have been getting a lot more of recently for some reason but i am a man i don't need a doctor

we're still making it look homely out there, it takes some time obviously because everything getting out there comes by airboat and weight matters on those things, you don't want to sink or flip or really take on any crazy amount of water.

some people actually live out here though which is pretty cool. i've been to the camps of the people that live out here and they look like actual houses. one camp has a helicopter pad. it's all really nice, everyone's pretty well connected, that comes with its own weird strange problems but it's mostly just fun.

i am a florida man that lives both on land and in the swamp.

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY I LOVE MY COUNTRY SO MUCH. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG HERE AND IT IS COMPLETELY OKAY ALL OF THE TIME ALWAYS DON'T BRING UP ANYTHING
Valentines_day.png

ME WHEN I SEE AMERICA!!!!

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
20230712004649_1.jpg

20230712004824_1.jpg

20230713230748_1.jpg

been playing Red Dead Revolver PS1 Graphics 1080p on my pooter

my shit is old as hell so when i had first played it when it first came out i had the amazing idea of just running it on like medium-high and i ran into some pretty horrible overheating issues. i would put my hand on the side of my computer and physically recoil at how hot it got
i have decided to just put it on Ultra Low and enjoy it that way, as it doesn't put any strain on my computer heat-wise

at first i was like EW! this looks GROSS! how can anyone DO THIS??? then i ended up honestly not caring because the gameplay of rdr2 (gunplay, horse riding) is really fun. it's satisfying in RDO to paint targets in dead eye then just left click and watch your enemies meet jesus.

my biggest sadness however comes from the fact that rockstar doesn't intend (for the foreseeable future) to give out anymore major updates to RDO. that means that the bugs we've had to deal with, the lackluster content, the hackers, it's all here to stay as far as i'm aware. when i was doing the RDO story missions, i wasn't even aware that i had finished it. it was such an abrupt ending that felt like there was more to be done. i was searching/waiting for the next story mission for like almost an hour until i decided to look up how to get the next mission, just to find out that i had already done the final mission.

i'll try to enjoy it for as long as i can but i suspect the bugs and the lack of content might eventually just bore me.

ScreenShot_23-05-11_17-47-32-000.jpg
on the other hand i still enjoy the shit show of overwatch and all i play is bastion. sometimes i will play ashe or hanzo or some other hero but i have about 125 hours as bastion and i find euphoric pleasure in hearing the kill sound effect when i use my turret or my artillery. there's something very satisfying about artillery. you shoot at a place the enemy is going to be and they might die if you are lucky. it's like gambling but with lives

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
i had some fun on gta rp tonight

i got on rather late (poor sleep schedule and one of the largest windows updates ive ever witnessed) but i was able to drive around with key and agitha and talk to them in character. it's kind of relaxing. we chat all the time normally but pretending we're like different people is kind of funny.

the cars took me off guard though, i'm not sure if it's the specific rental model i bought or if there's a car physics overhaul, but they felt more like gta 4's cars, which isn't bad, they just need more skill to drive and i'm all for that

i look forward to hopping on and doing odd jobs with my friends. i was worried this was going to run poopily on my system because it's fivem but it's pretty decent so that's good

lotta crazy drivers

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
20230715174423_1.jpg

wayne moments before blowing up the shitter
20230716193539_1.jpg

nightmare fuel who hired this guy i dont wanna see this on deaths doorstep AHHH
20230716175529_1.jpg

gang shooting in davis sad face
20230717222845_1.jpg
with such ferocity the punished veteran scornfully incapacitated the lizard-man officer and saved the city
20230717233137_1.jpg

saving my friends(?) from paleto bay after they exploded and i got a free borger
20230718171647_1.jpg

negan took me to go meet lucille i was very scared
20230718201324_1.jpg

20230718201356_1.jpg

squad cars rollin out to go to burger shot 😎(idk what we were doing)
20230718201538_1.jpg

we're not locked in here with you
20230718205456_1.jpg

rare captured image of real life gigachad leonardo fuentes
20230718232535_1.jpg

we got shot at by locals real bros stick together no matter the job...
20230718234731_1.jpg

saved my favorite hobo and clown from a grove street gang shooting
20230719000103_1.jpg

key and i talking about the intricacies of calorie dense foods
20230719012902_1.jpg

pulling over soccer mom and having her kids wait an extra 30 minutes for pickup LOL!!!

could i have formatted this better? yes
am i going to right now? no

i have been having a lot of fun. hopeful for the future

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
20230804215702_1.jpg

20230804225952_1.jpg

I had the extreme displeasure of playing STALCRAFT with @Jaydawg tonight. All that was done angered me and he seemed to have a very high understanding of the game, despite my efforts to teach him nothing.

He would kill all of the enemies and leave nothing for me. Then he would loot them, sell their items for cash, and progress his way through the world as if that was the intention the developers had for this game.

He claimed he was 'having fun' with me and that he 'enjoyed' spending time together but lets be real, this man wanted nothing more than my social security number or something for some nefarious purpose.

I'll be capturing more criminal photographs of this individual as we continue through our STALCRAFT adventures but make no mistake, I am not having fun, and by the end of this hell I will have my vengeance against this person