ue4 garbage

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
Found an asset that's as old as UE4 itself. Modeled it a few weeks after release.

UE4Editor_2016-05-21_21-05-38.jpg

no proper textures but holy shit it ain't bad

Reactions: List

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
HighresScreenshot00000.jpg

now that exteriors are mostly acceptable, interiors time

also lmao that is completely realtime

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
there isn't a lot of bloom, that's the light scattering along the walls lol
sorry, wouldn't know, don't use an engine that supports actual radiosity :)

patty

Proton
Nebulae
i dare you to try and make the plaza of city 17 residential sector

eldeos

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
everything revolves around a dead roleplay setting, johnny

do it

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
HighresScreenshot00005_VXGI.jpg

not doing half life 2 ANYTHING with UE4, I hate HL2 to be completely honest and before you ask or bitch at me this thread isn't the place.

also if you want to see more cool stuff relating to the project head to http://deadmatter.rocks/

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
HighresScreenshot00005_VXGI.jpg

not doing half life 2 ANYTHING with UE4, I hate HL2 to be completely honest and before you ask or bitch at me this thread isn't the place.

also if you want to see more cool stuff relating to the project head to http://deadmatter.rocks/
ue4 remake of sierra 117 when

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
Looks very nice, what are you making?
Game that's an RPG/Survival hybrid, aka trying to make a not garbage game where you take on the role of someone trying to survive in a world that is being overran by zombies and crazies.

Been spending more than I like on forests and overshot the time budget by two months as a result which bothers me a /lot/. I've finally started to hammer out actual mechanics and features and I'm getting back into schedule.

Getting frustrated working with UE4, some things ended up being really convoluted and weird with their networking model being so weird.

I recently downloaded the squad sdk and they have incorrect sunlight values, their stuff doesn't work on listen servers so I know that going the painful but everything is physically accurate route sucks but after fixing the sunlight issue for example it made everything look better so the struggle is worth it.

Though as frustrated as I get, the engine is very much so worth using. Stuff like save game having native integration, stuff like the network in having replicated variables and replicated movement plus AI that isn't trash is really, really nice. Asset pipeline is gorgeous, etc.

Back to the game but you asked about, I'm trying to make it more of a game that's about not only surviving but has stuff like settlements and quests, factions with all of this being created by players I've got a lot of inspiration from Lazarus and Spire and the entire chatbox in this will have rping commands allowing people to rp in the game quote freely.

Public-ish testing is soon, I've still gotta push the project through greenlight too which will suck.

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
Game that's an RPG/Survival hybrid, aka trying to make a not garbage game where you take on the role of someone trying to survive in a world that is being overran by zombies and crazies.

Been spending more than I like on forests and overshot the time budget by two months as a result which bothers me a /lot/. I've finally started to hammer out actual mechanics and features and I'm getting back into schedule.

Getting frustrated working with UE4, some things ended up being really convoluted and weird with their networking model being so weird.

I recently downloaded the squad sdk and they have incorrect sunlight values, their stuff doesn't work on listen servers so I know that going the painful but everything is physically accurate route sucks but after fixing the sunlight issue for example it made everything look better so the struggle is worth it.

Though as frustrated as I get, the engine is very much so worth using. Stuff like save game having native integration, stuff like the network in having replicated variables and replicated movement plus AI that isn't trash is really, really nice. Asset pipeline is gorgeous, etc.

Back to the game but you asked about, I'm trying to make it more of a game that's about not only surviving but has stuff like settlements and quests, factions with all of this being created by players I've got a lot of inspiration from Lazarus and Spire and the entire chatbox in this will have rping commands allowing people to rp in the game quote freely.

Public-ish testing is soon, I've still gotta push the project through greenlight too which will suck.
Good luck dude, hope it goes well. Am excited for you!

cryptic

Proton
Nebulae
I mean, while it looks good there are already so many games like that, I doubt you'll find a market for it.

I'm guessing it's like Ark Survival or The Forest, but in your mind - better.

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
Looks britty good man. It's more than I can do with code/UE4. Best of luck in the future and I look forward to seeing the finished project.