ue4 garbage

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
Looks britty good man. It's more than I can do with code/UE4. Best of luck in the future and I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Thanks a lot, if you want to try it out soonish just make an account here: http://deadmatter.rocks so I can track all the people that had early interest and reward them for helping out/feedback.

I mean, while it looks good there are already so many games like that, I doubt you'll find a market for it.

The game has already been established as a mod years ago. Granted it was years ago, but this was at the mods LOWEST point, with not very much effort put into plugging it. I'm more than confident I can reach a userbase willing to play it, if you have any other criticism let me know, but keep politics and marketing out of it as I'm confident that I've got that handled.

I'm guessing it's like Ark Survival or The Forest, but in your mind - better.

In my mind? Ark runs at 12FPS on my GTX 780, The Forest is really boring with mechanics and animations that contribute to the game feeling like you're trudging through mud to actually play.

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
can i have an alpha key

i downloaded ue4 and tried to make shit but i had no inspiration so havent used it since

anyone that signs up on deadmatter.rocks will be granted access past a certain user limit (1k users so p. much everyone) and a certain time period (till testing starts).

Reactions: List

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
Goodness, This game these pictures of what you are doing look so gorgeous @jooni I can't wait to get mah hands on it.

Last edited:

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
add me into your game

absolutely, shake and bake pack should be available for this game

ALSO

HighresScreenshot00007.jpg

gonna make a new thread for this that isn't reeking of self deprecation..

once I have more worth showing :(

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
Signed up, shit looks cash

Keep up the good work

REDACTED

Proton
Nebulae
I'm not sure whether it's just me or not.
But, when I attempt log into the website via steam it just keeps on redirection me back and forth to the same thing, it just refuses to log me in.

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
if you're doing scripting on UE4 (actual programming, not the blueprints) I applaud you. i never really could get the hang of c++ when used in really applied projects like in UE4. peasant me went the route of using c# in Unity, because it was easier, and more high level.

if youre just doing level design, it looks really good (and UE4's level editing stuff is FUCKING AWESOME)

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
can i do the voice acting?

absolutely

if you're doing scripting on UE4 (actual programming, not the blueprints) I applaud you. i never really could get the hang of c++ when used in really applied projects like in UE4. peasant me went the route of using c# in Unity, because it was easier, and more high level.

if youre just doing level design, it looks really good (and UE4's level editing stuff is FUCKING AWESOME)

I use blueprints for some stuff, I want level designers to be able to easily do stuff as well as, I'm also not the level design duder while that stuff is my level stuff I actually have buddies who'll be coming in on the project and doing more stuff.

Going to be using C++ for stuff that doesn't need to be tweaked incredibly often or modified often, and needs speed. Not a lot fits that criteria outside of AI.

I'm not sure whether it's just me or not.
But, when I attempt log into the website via steam it just keeps on redirection me back and forth to the same thing, it just refuses to log me in.

What browser are you using?

Signed up, shit looks cash

Keep up the good work

thanks!

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
absolutely
I use blueprints for some stuff, I want level designers to be able to easily do stuff as well as, I'm also not the level design duder while that stuff is my level stuff I actually have buddies who'll be coming in on the project and doing more stuff.

Going to be using C++ for stuff that doesn't need to be tweaked incredibly often or modified often, and needs speed. Not a lot fits that criteria outside of AI.

When you use C++, how the fuck do you do it in UE4? Their documentation seems so incomplete, and hard to navigate. I couldn't even find a WorldToScreen function, other than in blueprints.

I'm using this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/API/
If there's something else I should be looking at, can you link it for me?

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
When you use C++, how the fuck do you do it in UE4? Their documentation seems so incomplete, and hard to navigate. I couldn't even find a WorldToScreen function, other than in blueprints.

I'm using this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/API/
If there's something else I should be looking at, can you link it for me?

I just read through the engine source when I want to find stuff out

Clark

Proton
Nebulae
Hey man did you consider doing some photogrammetry models and assets for the game?

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
added containers, now people can kill each other over items stored in boxes whenever I setup the testing dealio

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
Skype_2016-07-11_20-00-13.png

yadda tweaked the vxgi, so far it is pure sex for the eyes, also the house across the street is procedurally generated.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
you should fuck around with a backup of the procedural generation, see how crazy you can get some houses