ue4 garbage

Ryan

Quark
Nebulae
This looks so hot oh my, great job dude.

Last edited:

Xyz

afk
Nebulae
HighresScreenshot00000.jpg

Absolutely spectacular work :ok:

Honestly can't wait to see how this thing pans out

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
hey, some questions

seeing your stuff here has motivated me to try and get into unreal engine 4 again

it's so hard

the c++ documentation is horrible, everything is there, but nothing is explained

there is no clear standard to follow, they change c++ stuff very often, making stuff incomplete

it feels like the only way to really be able to do stuff in ue4 without being an expert in computer science is to resort to mass amounts of trial and error

on the other hand unity has a very clear and concise documentation, along with a shitton more tutorials

UE4 has so much power compared to unity, but it has none of the documentation needed

so, can you enlighten me on how the fuck i get started?

B

Bossoff Mayass

hey, some questions

seeing your stuff here has motivated me to try and get into unreal engine 4 again

it's so hard

the c++ documentation is horrible, everything is there, but nothing is explained

there is no clear standard to follow, they change c++ stuff very often, making stuff incomplete

it feels like the only way to really be able to do stuff in ue4 without being an expert in computer science is to resort to mass amounts of trial and error

on the other hand unity has a very clear and concise documentation, along with a shitton more tutorials

UE4 has so much power compared to unity, but it has none of the documentation needed

you start actually learning c++, writing hello worlds and calculators
you dont get started writing games

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
hey, some questions

it's so hard

blueprints are great for getting basic shit done without needing to know c++

and like that other guy said, if you learn how to code for video games first, you're gonna have a bad time

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
yeah they taught in universities how to make viruses and shit to screw up american's computers
bool CykaBlyat(User user){
if(user.GetComputer().IsAmerican()) {
user.HackComputer(); // crush american scum with the might of the hammer and sickle, long live the CCCP
return true;
}
return false;
}

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
you start actually learning c++, writing hello worlds and calculators
you dont get started writing games

says most people that don't code, sure

I found it easy to jump into C++ after having experience with C# and Lua, two languages that aren't even similar. Actually, C++ has memory management and shit like that done for you, making it STUPID easy to jump into and basically C# with less errors.

blueprints are great for getting basic shit done without needing to know c++

and like that other guy said, if you learn how to code for video games first, you're gonna have a bad time

not really; if you talk to someone that knows their shit on a regular basis and actually show code and try to improve I don't see how it's a big deal to learn to program via games/mods.

hey, some questions

Thanks, it actually means a lot when something positive comes out of something I do.

it's so hard

Fuck the docs, honestly you're best off reading the source code, examples, etc. To actually see how stuff does, you should also install visual assist since intellisense is trash.

pretty much just use the docs as a kickstarter, use blueprints as blueprints for your C++ code and just follow that til you get into the swing of things, if you need any help feel free to pm me on here

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
not really; if you talk to someone that knows their shit on a regular basis and actually show code and try to improve I don't see how it's a big deal to learn to program via games/mods.
i dunno, maybe it's just a personal thing, i've always found starting off with shit like that to be a bad idea

B

Bossoff Mayass

says most people that don't code, sure

I found it easy to jump into C++ after having experience with C# and Lua, two languages that aren't even similar. Actually, C++ has memory management and shit like that done for you, making it STUPID easy to jump into and basically C# with less errors.

because once you know how to program it's fairly easy to learn any language

plus, lua is basically dumbed down c++

Last edited by a moderator:

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
F3dyHrv.jpg

render of some neato soda

fuckin hell I've been nose deep in code with nothing to show besides the stuff the art duders are making :(

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
F3dyHrv.jpg

render of some neato soda

fuckin hell I've been nose deep in code with nothing to show besides the stuff the art duders are making :(

I've never been turned on by cans before.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
not even some sick memes on the nutrition label, or even the date

7.8/10