Unable to connect, details within

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
I subbed to all the workshop addons, and I used CScheat to get all the necessary Half-Life/CSS content, yet only after doing that does my game freeze and crash when finishing downloading the materials for the server.

It locks up completely and is impossible to interact with aside from Task Manager. Any ideas on how to fix?

Nebulae
I'm stretched thin, okay? For the love of god.
q67i0Hm.png

a3m3PAK.png

YACoser.png

that's real fucking thin mate

Nebulae
Csscheater is NOT illegal, if it was illegal, the site would've been taken down a long time ago. It only has contents and maps.
>pirate bay still up, must be 100% legal

and it's still a grey area, last I heard. You go steal content from a game and ask a judge or even the game developer if that's legal/they will press charges, since you didn't steal the whole game.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae

and it's still a grey area, last I heard. You go steal content from a game and ask a judge or even the game developer if that's legal/they will press charges, since you didn't steal the whole game.
It's not being redistributed for money, and it's only material files because there's only contents and maps there. You're not getting anything out of it other than textures and models.

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Okay, the information I have is that it downloads only a few sets of materials (almost all of which are blood decals for some reason) and it locks up on downloading 'blood_pool_01.vtf.' I can connect to other servers just fine, too, so it's definitely not a problem with my GMod.

zoid

dispatch guy
Nebulae
Okay, the information I have is that it downloads only a few sets of materials (almost all of which are blood decals for some reason) and it locks up on downloading 'blood_pool_01.vtf.' I can connect to other servers just fine, too, so it's definitely not a problem with my GMod.

disable server downloading on gmod's settings

Reactions: List

Wernsto ★

Proton
Nebulae
Want me to just give you some Trading cards to sell or something like that? These games are as cheap as they'll get and you'll get great games too.
(Although I'm sure you got something to sell...)

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
CScheater actually provides good content packs, I've been using them in SFM and GMod before I got Episodes and I'm 100% it's not their fault, as they're purely models and materials. I'd take a guess that it's a problem with the amount of addons you have, as I had a similar problem and reinstalling Gmod solved it. You can also try to set your settings lower, maybe it's something with your PC in general

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Dsable Server Downloading first. If that doesn't change it, re-install G-Mod and try downloading the textures again/buying the games since it sounds like you may have fucked up adding the content to your G-Mod.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
Just buy the games, with the discounts of Half Life 2 (EP2) and Counter Strike source its under 10 euros for 2-3 games, take the chance now before the summer sale expires!

Cheaper for now, way easier to set up without any issues instead of a pirated content thats fucks up Gmod

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ok files from csscheater dont fuck up your game x they are just folders filled with just textures models and maps that you drag into the addon folder if something is causing the game to crash its too many addons or corrupted game data

• Unsubscribe from all addons
  • Verify game cache
  • Go to settings and disable downloads when you join a server
  • If none of these work re-install Gmod

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Disabling server downloads got it frozen at 'Retrieving server info' instead of the material downloads. However, I've noticed the actual problem - it does connect, but it's visually stuck at the loading screen and I can still hear game sounds and music.

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Disabling server downloads got it frozen at 'Retrieving server info' instead of the material downloads. However, I've noticed the actual problem - it does connect, but it's visually stuck at the loading screen and I can still hear game sounds and music.
Verify your game cache and try again, if that doesn't work re-install Garry's mod.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
"hello yes i downloaded content illegally from a random website and now my gmod won't work, any help?"

Actually its not illegal. It doesn't give you the games, it doesn't even give you the in-game assets to browse and use the materials. All it does, unless you get a spawn-list (which is legal), is give you the textures so you can see.

Its against the Workshop's ToS because people are dumb and claim its their content. Its fine to download and use.
[doublepost=1498758791][/doublepost]

Pirate bay the site is no longer up. Proxies with caches of the old website pop up and send you viruses. You aren't helping this guy, so please leave him be.
[doublepost=1498758851][/doublepost]
q67i0Hm.png

a3m3PAK.png

YACoser.png

that's real fucking thin mate

Your ego is stretching thin at this point. You're egging this guy on in an argument
[doublepost=1498759016][/doublepost]
I subbed to all the workshop addons, and I used CScheat to get all the necessary Half-Life/CSS content, yet only after doing that does my game freeze and crash when finishing downloading the materials for the server.

It locks up completely and is impossible to interact with aside from Task Manager. Any ideas on how to fix?

• Don't touch anything even when the game turns white and makes you believe its "crashing" leave it be, let the program try to respond.
  • Delete the downloads folder in garrysmod/garrysmod, then verify cache files, try to join again.
  • Disable all your add-ons (not unsubscribe, not uninstall) then enable them, start a singleplayer game, try and join.
  • Try this with server downloads on. Then try it with them off.
  • None of this works? Reply to this and I'll send you a more advanced solution, but it'll take up some of your time.

Nebulae
Actually its not illegal. It doesn't give you the games, it doesn't even give you the in-game assets to browse and use the materials. All it does, unless you get a spawn-list (which is legal), is give you the textures so you can see.

Its against the Workshop's ToS because people are dumb and claim its their content. Its fine to download and use.
maybe you're right, but I looked into it before and most people said it was a legally grey area.

Pirate bay the site is no longer up. Proxies with caches of the old website pop up and send you viruses. You aren't helping this guy, so please leave him be.
i don't know what pirate bay you're going on, and maybe it isn't the exact same one, but i can access plenty of ones which display up to date torrents [that do not give you viruses].

Your ego is stretching thin at this point. You're egging this guy on in an argument
i don't know where my ego comes into this, my (still valid point) was that you cannot complain about being skint when the games cost like 3 euro altogether (although css is actually like 6.50 i mixed it up with another cs so my bad)

my point altogether was that pirating things is one thing, but asking people for help because it fucked your game up is dumb. whenever people ask for the materials/models for free in OOC and sites like the above are mentioned, admins tend to shut that talk down, so there's that too