Unable to connect, details within

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
I've disabled all addons and re-enabled the ones necessary for the server, same problem. Keeping all of them disabled, though, works, as it lets me join and actually play (with a lot of missing content).

I'm *this* close to giving up.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Operation Fix-It

Materials Needed:
  • The zipped or unzipped files of the mounted content you got from CSS cheater, put them anywhere, preferably desktop.
  • Navigate to your garrysmod folder, and delete it. The entire thing. Then uninstall it from the steam library.
  • Reinstall it, let it download, load it up, mount your games, then let the add-ons download.
  • Garry's Mod will crash. Steam will crash. Restart them once they do this (if they don't, do it anyway).
  • Put the UNZIPPED files of the mounted content into your addons folder.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start GMod, goto addons in the start menu, hit enable all, start a singleplayer game.
  • Try to join the server.
If it doesn't work, go copy and paste my autoexec into the autoexec under garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg and try again, starting a singleplayer game first.

If THAT doesn't work, go into the autoexec file, remove everything and add this one line:
mat_dxlevel 95

Try again.

If THAT doesn't work, reply back and I will take this problem to some people and see if I can't find a solution.

Reactions: List

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Operation Fix-It

Materials Needed:
  • The zipped or unzipped files of the mounted content you got from CSS cheater, put them anywhere, preferably desktop.
  • Navigate to your garrysmod folder, and delete it. The entire thing. Then uninstall it from the steam library.
  • Reinstall it, let it download, load it up, mount your games, then let the add-ons download.
  • Garry's Mod will crash. Steam will crash. Restart them once they do this (if they don't, do it anyway).
  • Put the UNZIPPED files of the mounted content into your addons folder.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start GMod, goto addons in the start menu, hit enable all, start a singleplayer game.
  • Try to join the server.
If it doesn't work, go copy and paste my autoexec into the autoexec under garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg and try again, starting a singleplayer game first.

If THAT doesn't work, go into the autoexec file, remove everything and add this one line:
mat_dxlevel 95

Try again.

If THAT doesn't work, reply back and I will take this problem to some people and see if I can't find a solution.
Wait, so, that's the ONLY thing that should go in autoexec just in case that's necessary? It's just finished reinstalling and I'm about to run it.

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Well, that didn't work. It sat at 'Sending client info' for about fifteen minutes until I heard game sounds.

Could I get your autoexec? It's only with this server and with the server's addons enabled that this happens, and that's the real part that stumps me.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Well, that didn't work. It sat at 'Sending client info' for about fifteen minutes until I heard game sounds.

Could I get your autoexec? It's only with this server and with the server's addons enabled that this happens, and that's the real part that stumps me.

Oh shit man, I'm sorry, I meant to link it.

https://nebulous.cloud/threads/votras-autoexec-updated-6-21-17.6330/

I'm a bit busy today but perhaps tomorrow sometime if this problem persists you and I could sit-down and try and work this out. I've sent this problem off to a couple guys I went to tech with to see if they can help. They play GMod.

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae

Votra

Retired
Nebulae

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Well, time to try the mat solution now. It locked up earlier this time - still stuck at "blood_pool1.vtf."

I'm almost on the verge of a stroke, if i'm honest.

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Well, time to try the mat solution now. It locked up earlier this time - still stuck at "blood_pool1.vtf."

I'm almost on the verge of a stroke, if i'm honest.
How much RAM does your PC have?

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
6 gigs with 24 virtual.

Delete Appcache in your steam folder. If you got TF2 installed verify it's game cache. Open the gmod console and type menu_cleanupgmas

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
TF2 isn't installed, but I'll delete appcache and do the menu cleanup.
Restart Steam after you delete appcache.

The autoexec runs the menu_cleanupgmas command automatically every-time you start the game.

YEET

Neutrino
Nebulae
Well, I'm in the dark now. I've done all of that, cleaned up the GMA files, gone to singleplayer and even another server besides Nebulous, but it still freezes up at the loading screen and game sounds happen.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Well, I'm in the dark now. I've done all of that, cleaned up the GMA files, gone to singleplayer and even another server besides Nebulous, but it still freezes up at the loading screen and game sounds happen.

Were you able to get into the other game server?

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Yeah, Earthfall works fine. Even was CW: HL2 but it's only Nebulous that does this.

Go to the content and make sure you have all the nebulous addons.

You probably do but its worth a shot.